Grave Prosperity: Redux

0 favourites
  • Well if a guy who wants to be the Prime Minister of Great Britain asked you to make a video for him, that's already saying something pretty great. I know if I was gonna have someone do something like a video ad campaign for me for a position of importance I would probably be looking for the best I could find. I'll definitely be checking out those links and I'll get back to you. Been pretty sick the past couple days so I'm moving a little slow production-wise.

• Thanks I really do appreciate the support! I wish I could say it's a 3D game, but it's only 3D rendered. Maybe some day if the game gains enough popularity it could go true 3D, but that would require a team as I lack the skills to make that happen alone.

• That's a very interesting looking Plugin. I would check it out if there were a trial version. I've had terrible luck with anything relating to 3D game design since I can remember, so I would hate to spend $15 on it and then not have any idea what I am doing. I'll keep it in mind though, just in case I'm ever feeling brave.

• Nesteris Alrighty, I finally got a chance to check out your work. I would be sending this via PM, but I lack the Rep Points to do that. And I think posting this here is much more suitable anyway, that way anybody who comes across this page can see this as well (Because this deserves to be seen by all). Your work is absolutely amazing! A video in particular that definitely sold me is this one:

vimeo.com/lukaarambasic/exemption

Everything in this video, from your words to the visuals that accompany them is pure poetry and truth. That is nothing less than beauty in its most absolute form, and I have no problems with advertising this even on my own thread. Truly medicine for the soul, seeing a work made with such clear eyes. I would feel privileged and honored to work with an artist and poet such as yourself. Name your price!

• Nesteris thats fabulous and touching work.

• Here is an image of Amber in GP:Redux Part 3

Nesteris Absolutely! We can figure something out after the game is finished and you've had a chance to check things out. I don't care anything about working on deadlines since I prefer quality above anything else. Now that the holiday is over I am picking back up on my work, as you can see above. If I can, I want to try to have Part 1 complete before the end of the year so I can move on to Part 2.

• The whole game will be in chapters. The demo was for some of Part 1. Part 2 will pick up with Miki's portion of the story. Part 3 will return to Amber's story and then Part 4 will bring everything together and close volume 1.

I really enjoy pixel art games. I've been playing Symphony of The Night on the PS1 and I'm still way into the style. I haven't done any kind of pixel art work since high school, but I may still be able to make some decent stuff if you ever need anything done.

• This is a render of the nursery room puzzle for GP Redux

• Here is another screen for GP Redux. I do apologize for the lack of content lately, stuff in real world land has been slowing my progress immensely. Stuff like work! SO.... The game is still coming along nicely, if even only at a crawl's speed, but quality won't be sacrificed just to make a deadline. I wanted to have Part 1 complete before the new year but I don't see that happening at this rate. In any case, I will keep everyone updated as things come along!

• This screen and the one from my previous post are both a part of the same scene where we finally meet Gabriel Pryst (The 3rd character that was never introduced in the RPG Maker).

At the moment this particular cutscene is already over 30 seconds long! This will be the longest cutscene where two characters are engaged in dialogue that I have ever made!

• After about a month of hard work and maybe just a little bit of procrastination, I finally have a new video clip to show exactly what I have been up to since around Christmas time! The link below is a portion of the scene where Amber meets Gabriel. Enjoy!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • beautiful work, is too well done!

I want to see further progress

• Very good work I like it!! now I don't have a controller with me but I will try it...

just one question....

why you don't use Unity?

I see a lot of works in 3d, Unity isn't too much complicate... I mean, all of those screenshot/video/background are from your work in 3d right? if you have all asset ready, you can actually make a level in 3d with a good prospective camera...

for me would be more difficult to import all asset and make everything in 2d with construct2...

I would like to see how can be in Unity

• Wow, that's something new. Looking really good!

-Gleison

• beautiful work, is too well done!

I want to see further progress

Thank you! This scene nearly marks the end of Part 1 for the game. As soon as it is complete I will have the first complete chapter out and ready to play!

Very good work I like it!! now I don't have a controller with me but I will try it...

just one question....

why you don't use Unity?

I see a lot of works in 3d, Unity isn't too much complicate... I mean, all of those screenshot/video/background are from your work in 3d right? if you have all asset ready, you can actually make a level in 3d with a good prospective camera...

for me would be more difficult to import all asset and make everything in 2d with construct2...

I would like to see how can be in Unity

Not to worry! I am going to go ahead and add in Keyboard support for the release of Part 1. I've had so many people asking for it that by this point I simply can't say no. with that said, I would still highly recommend using a controller if you're able to. Otherwise it will be like playing a Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry game with a keyboard. Seems kind of impossible, but hey, I grew up on consoles so I really don't know if it's doable.

As far as Unity goes... I would absolutely love to use it but I would have to have a team with me in order to make it happen. I am literally programming handicapped and have simply never been able to get a grasp on it. Plus Amber's model alone has well over 100,000 polygons and I would need a good decimator program and somebody to reset the UVs and even set up normal maps... Basically all the models would have to be redone from the ground up in order to be 3D friendly. If I had a team though, and the money to pay said team, you could bet I would be taking this game into a 3D world. Until then, Construct 2 is a perfect fit for my own limitations, as I can work a project alone and only pay for assets and actors.

Wow, that's something new. Looking really good!

-Gleison

Thank you! Every engine I work on I always like to try and bring something new to its community.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)