Fry Me Omelettes (casual cooking game!)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Chop the veggies, sprinkle the spices, manage the menu and get your audio production cooking with Cooking Game.
  • It's official: Release Version is out! Click Here to play the game.

• Although it's not my type of game it was fun!

The graphics are outstanding und the whole game is made very well!

• Although it's not my type of game it was fun!

The graphics are outstanding und the whole game is made very well!

Thanks for your positive comments!

• I just learned something about my game , some trivia part that costed people to leave the game earlier.

After a few days the game release, I watched the play counts (it's about 100) yet only 7~9 people ever win 1 round or more. This is quite alarming. That means most people can't get a 'pass' first time then stopped playing. I'm not going to change difficulty because the first pass is not even hard.

Since 'first fails are very common' on my type of game, I soon realized that No 'retry' button after game over could be my design flaw. I never thought that might affect the players that much, without me considering this game relies heavily on personal instincts & 'fails at first try' are very common.

Already ver 1.0.1, I will add this 'Retry' function as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure that can help a lot.

• your game is absolutely awesome! I think that main challenge is the judge system....

• Ver 1.0.2 is updated.

• Added 'Retry' & 'Menu' button on game over screen. (your fail screen)
    • Animated 'Done' button (so that people won't think it's just a pop-up message)
    • slightly faster critic judging process. (less pausing moments)

It's also very nice to give comments from the game site. If you like the game, rate it positively, I desperately need a good start, thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ver 1.0.2 is updated.

• Added 'Retry' & 'Menu' button on game over screen. (your fail screen)
    • Animated 'Done' button (so that people won't think it's just a pop-up message)
    • slightly faster critic judging process. (less pausing moments)

It's also very nice to give comments from the game site. If you like the game, rate it positively, I desperately need a good start, thank you!

your game is absolutely awesome! I think that main challenge is the judge system....

pinellos Glad you like it. If you don't like how the critics are treating you, you can choke them with salts & peppers!

• ahahah i've collected a MISERABLY FAIL!

You game is outstanding, the system that "draw" the final omelette is awesome!

Only a "culinary" doubt: KETCHUP over EGGS? Really?

• Only a "culinary" doubt: KETCHUP over EGGS? Really?

I'm from Asia, it's common there to add ketchup for flavor.(even chili sauce)

I am trying to make the game be as international as i can.

• I'm from italy, we use the ketchup only with fried things or meat... normally in italy "omelettes" means a sort of "crepes" with salt and cheese.

• Current: ver 1.0.2
    • Some other minor fixes & tweaks

At the moment I'm working on ver 1.1, It's an update for this coming festivity. (not add-ons, but something special only for x'mas time)

Happy holidays!

• Current: ver 1.0.6
    • 'Retry' button added
    • 'Facebook Share' button added

Everybody is busy for Christmas.

I have to postpone the trailer again, I have no time to work on it yet. However, I will finish the rest and update it on Christmas eve.

Happy holidays! Hope you'll come visit!

• Current: ver 1.1.4
    • Visual cues added for 'Challenges'
    • Many tweaks and fixes
    • working: improving menu music track
    • working: trailer(draft stage)

'Fry Me Omelette' was released on November 24, 2016, exclusively on Kongregate. Reception is fairly well, with 3300+ gameplays in 6 weeks. Game rating's about 3.4 of 5. (so-so I guess )

However, I'm not done with the game yet. I will do one more focus promotion at the end of January.

I'm currently working on the trailer, which I hope to impress & draw more people to the game. But right now I am not happy cos' a lot of segments don't fit together. A few parts are not from footage & need time to draw...

Here's a quick look at some of my trailer screenshots. (it doesn't represent final result)

I'll try to finish the trailer within January. But if I personally don't think it's good enough, I'll not release it until I'm satisfied. That's all for today.

• As you can see, I'm testing my game on my android devices.

i'm planning to go mobile with 'Fry Me Omelettes'. (it's always been in my initial goal, even the game is designed for this) Had spent a few weeks to learn all the know-hows, and now testing apks to my android devices. Then the tiring testing & debugging has begun! I done some optimizations and improve reasonable frame rates.

But in the end, it's still pretty unplayable on my 4 years old Asus tablet by around 7~20 fps. Htc One M8 is barely playable with 15~35. And the newer Redmi 3S is passable at 22~45 fps.(these are on the lowest setting) Now I can fully learned how badly optimized my 1st game is.

So, the mobile version going to be played on higher end android devices (android version 4.4 Kit-Kat or above)

I believe it will be available for most popular phones. (no version for tablets & 4:3 screens yet)

I'm planning to release to Google Play Store alongside with the trailer somewhen in March.

I gotta start finishing my trailer, seriously. (even it's not as good as i wanted)

That's about it, guys.

[Update from 3/17:]

Here's the new hardware requirement for the upcoming Google Play version of the game:

• Android ver 4.3 jellybean or above
    • OpenGL ES 3.0 or above
    • Tablets with 4:3 screens are not supported, (also android desktops/laptops not supported)
  • More screenshots from the trailer I'm working on.

News:

The offical trailer will be released at the end of March, along with the Google Play version of 'Fry Me Omelettes'!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)