Archer (Working title) Devlog.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Various fantasy RPG characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game.
  • The graphics could seem too much simple at first glance, but it' s well done, and if you keep the game area full enough of objects, it will have a really cute overall look.

Good work!

Thanks. Yeah there's a lot more detail coming to it. Especially for the ground. Grass turfs, stones, pebbles, leaves flowers dirt, mushrooms and all sort of stuff. Latest image is basically just a showcase of some of the objects.

• Sunday update.

Tried exporting all the 3D sprites in isometric angle. Time to start building the level. Getting there!

Early Alpha Pic.

• This looks good. This looks really good. There is a nice atmosphere in the environment. Are you planning on designing several versions of trees/plants/rocks or will you be just rotating them for visual variation?

Oh! And isn't the fireplace for cooking a bit far away from the cabin?

• This looks good. This looks really good. There is a nice atmosphere in the environment. Are you planning on designing several versions of trees/plants/rocks or will you be just rotating them for visual variation?

Oh! And isn't the fireplace for cooking a bit far away from the cabin?

It all depends on the memory budget. The game will be for mobile and pads mainly, so If there's enough memory I'll add more variations of stuff, but keeping it simple for now.

Ahh there fireplace not really supposed to be there. Just trying out the sprites.

• I've been twaeking and optimizing quite a bit for better performance, and would like some help reporting CPU and Framrates on different devices. (mobile & tablets) If anyone interested in testing please surf on your mobile device http://tunepunk.com/Archer/. Please don't mind the graphics as this is just a test stage.

To see FPS and CPU usage, click the blue "game settings" icon at the top. Send me a pm or reply here with:

Device:

Browser:

Min-Max CPU:

Min-Max FPS:

Other: (if you noticing anything else odd or have any suggestions)

Controls:

Left thumb

Movement

Right thumb,

press and pull back to aim and fire, (like drawing a bow)

tap to dash

hold to sprint.

If you wish to join in on more playtests in the future join my facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/arrowheads.playtest/

Thanks a lot for your help and see you in the test area.

• Looking good, and despite the minimal content i even had fun hunting and getting hunted by other players.

LG G3

Chrome

CPU - ~53 average, Min 45, Max 65

FPS - ~59-60 average, Min 50, Max 60

• Looking good, and despite the minimal content i even had fun hunting and getting hunted by other players.

LG G3

Chrome

CPU - ~53 average, Min 45, Max 65

FPS - ~59-60 average, Min 50, Max 60

Thanks for joining. I'm gonna have another playtest shortly on a better map. To compare how how wild & crazy I can go with sprites and effects, but still keep good performance. So i guess It was you i shot a couple of times.

• hehe starts looking good wanna raise my arrowhead soon lol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Heh, dunno. my nick was Ben, my kill-death ration was positive and i played with at least two others, someone named riqqi and another i can't quite remember.

• Just created a Patreon page too speed up development a bit. Please support or share if you find it interesting. https://www.patreon.com/user?ty=h&u=3319924 The playtest room is up a few more days if you want to try.

• Working on more characters for the game. Here's the Elven archer

• tunepunk

Love the elven archer

• tunepunk Elven archer wonderful

• Lordshiva1948 DARTH Crusher Thanks guys. More characters coming shortly.

• Looking forward tunepunk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)