Google Play alert about OpenSSL

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • We got an answer form the Intel team:

This warning from Google Play pertains to the App Security API plugin which includes the older OpenSSL library. This plugin is being updated and will be available in the next Intel XDK release after the first of the year. In the meantime, you shouldn’t need to worry about the security as the plugin does not actually use the vulnerable part of the Open SSL code. So, you should be prepared to update your app when we get the plugin updated.

Source: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/537301

• IIDanII so what happens if Googleplay removes our apps until that time?? Do you think we should unpublish our games until then for not to loose our game ??

• I don't think Google is taking any action soon, but it's just my guess.

I'm pretty new to Google Play so I'm not in the postion to give good advice about this, sorry ^_^'

• IIDanII I hope so and even if they do I hope they give one final warning like a week before so we can un publish our games until XDK is updated. The small sentence in HellKitty7 thread just gave me some worries that's why.

Murphy 2:37 PM

Currently, there's no deadline at the moment, our policy team has just states "ASAP".

you know the ASAP word

anyways Good Luck to everyone.

• If you update the OpenSSL this fixes the problem. The errors have gone away for me after I then re built my apps

I updated here: http://cygwin.com/install.html but you can install without cygwin: http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

• BinaryPanda Thank You for the Great Tip and Help which gave me a relief.

Happy Programming

• BinaryPanda

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but how can this actually help us fix the problem, if the problem is in Intel XDK? How do we use Cygwin anyway? Thanks in advance for any help.

Btw, I just got a second warning from Google (first one came a day ago) with this title:

"Google Play Second Warning: You are using a highly vulnerable version of OpenSSL"

• I have no idea how the Intel XDK is working, but it maybe using files on your computer to assist in the build, so updating those helps. It maybe that when Intel XDK is updated this has the same effect as updating now with the links I have used.

It maybe none of the above and it might all be magic, but I suggest updating and trying to see if it works for you as it has resolved the issues for me. If this changes to being broken again in the future I will let you know.

Either way looks like it will be fixed if Intel are working on it too.

Oh and you dont need to use Cygwin I just installed that way which gave me the OpenSSL update. You can use the other link

• I don't think Google is taking any action soon, but it's just my guess.

I'm pretty new to Google Play so I'm not in the postion to give good advice about this, sorry ^_^'

I'm not so sure. I've been on Google Play (GP) for quite some time now and Android forums are full of sob stories of GP 'banning' devs for far less offences (very minor copyrighted 'words' used in app descriptions for example). The problem is that once banned, its next to impossible to create a secondary account for GP as they track everything from your bank accnt payment details to the IP of the PC being used to create the apps.

Another caveat is that if your Google Voice, Google Merchant or Google+, and those account are linked to the same banned account, everything is banned. There's next to no appeal process and GP is a faceless entity that really does what it wants.

I would really appreciate knowledgeable feedback on this as my GP account earns me revenue that i would most definitely miss.

• I read this , thank you a lot , so the fix is to wait till Intel will update or ?

Thank you again.

• Try the OpenSSL update, and then re build. There is nothing to loose and as I have found after the 5 hours wait time from submitting in the Google play developer console, the alerts have gone away.

• Hi BinaryPanda,

The build fails sometimes do you know why does this occur?? I managed to build one game and now my second game it fails. I even rexported from Construct 2 and created a new project in Intel XDK.

I am installing to Windows System Directory should I install to Open SSL binaries directory???

And I am installing 64 bit version right since my windows is 64 bit.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I ran the CYGWIN 64bit install download since my operating system is win7 64bit and just used the default install options that come up. Nothing else, it really was that simple.

The build could be failing for reasons unrelated, so I would check everything over carefully to make sure it is correct.

• Really weird the build worked after I reinstalled the SSL. The file name I installed was Win64OpenSSL_1_0_1j.exe Hope that is right. Also I did a silly thing first installed 32bit version then 64bit version maybe that is confusing the system. Now will try my 3rd game

• I have no idea how the Intel XDK is working, but it maybe using files on your computer to assist in the build, so updating those helps. It maybe that when Intel XDK is updated this has the same effect as updating now with the links I have used.

I have the same errors on C2 apps that were created on different machines. One was a brand new Windows 8.1 PC with all the updates. I think the problem lies in XDK itself.

I just unpublished all my C2 apps from Google Play. IMHO its not worth taking a chance as they will ban your account. ;(

We need a definitive fix.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)