Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid and BrashMonkey Team

Thank you for the Run N' Gun Platformer Pack, It was right what I needed . Initially I wanted to wait for sub-entities to be available in the c2 plugin (to make the player aim in the direction he is shooting).

I am working at a Megaman-type game and I am wondering if is a good idea to make all enemies in Spriter (performance related) ? ... What Spriter uses more ? CPU or GPU ?

• Just picked up a license. Looking forward to using this on my next project!

• New Run'n'Gun Platformer Art Pack available now. (Learn More)

It can be purchased on the Scirra Store and at BrashMonkey.com.

All Spriter Pro owners get the Essentials version of the Art Pack (and all first party Art Packs) for free. If you purchased from the Scirra Store, you can retrieve your download under your Spriter Pro download versions. If you purchased directly from BrashMonkey's site you should have received an email with a download link.

lucid and BrashMonkey Team

Thank you for the Run N' Gun Platformer Pack, It was right what I needed . Initially I wanted to wait for sub-entities to be available in the c2 plugin (to make the player aim in the direction he is shooting).

I am working at a Megaman-type game and I am wondering if is a good idea to make all enemies in Spriter (performance related) ? ... What Spriter uses more ? CPU or GPU ?

It depends on the size of the textures, but it will usually be more CPU. Using modular animation usually frees up a ton of VRAM for your GPU.

Just picked up a license. Looking forward to using this on my next project!

Thank you very much!

• Hi!

Spriter seems to be a powerfu tool!

I have some questions before I buy:

• Is it full compatible with an iOS/Android native publishing?
    • Is there any issue with preformances on iOS/Android native games?

Thank you!

• Hi!

Spriter seems to be a powerfu tool!

I have some questions before I buy:

- Is it full compatible with an iOS/Android native publishing?

- Is there any issue with preformances on iOS/Android native games?

Thank you!

Hi I haven't had a chance to test on the latest exports recently. Here's a simple capx with an idle animation. You'll need the scml plugin (linked in my signature). Please let me know if you run into any issues with the export.

As far as performance issues, I have also not had the chance to run any performance benchmarks, but I am aware of users creating commercial games with the scml plugin exported with cocoonjs.

• Oops, you "basictest.capx" is saved with a Construct 2 186.2 version and I can't open it.

The latest version available here is 184... :/

If anyone has the chance to test Spriter system for an iOS native game, let me know

• Oops, you "basictest.capx" is saved with a Construct 2 186.2 version and I can't open it.

The latest version available here is 184... :/

If anyone has the chance to test Spriter system for an iOS native game, let me know

Here is a version saved from 184

• Bought the bundle at Scirre Store, but there was a problem with credit card payment...

• lucid It works on iPad Air

• Just a heads up everyone. The Scirra Store price has already gone up, but you can still purchase Spriter Pro at the $25 Early Adopter Sale Price directly from our site until midnight (EST) tonight(11/11).

lucid It works on iPad Air

Glad it's working.

• Just a heads up everyone. The Scirra Store price has already gone up, but you can still purchase Spriter Pro at the $25 Early Adopter Sale Price until midnight (EST) tonight(11/11).

> lucid It works on iPad Air

>

Glad it's working.

Just got it, thanks

• Fantastic program brought last night and using in my next game. Animation is the one thing that puts me off of 2d games. Saying that i also dislike animating 3D with bones. This is the perfect mix of the uses of bones but for 2D and then making the animation process extremely easy. On top of that the integration into construct 2 really will change the games you'll see being made with construct 2. Also does anyone know how IK's are implemented, i'm only familiar with IK's in 3d and don't see how this will work for 2D.

• Fantastic program brought last night and using in my next game. Animation is the one thing that puts me off of 2d games. Saying that i also dislike animating 3D with bones. This is the perfect mix of the uses of bones but for 2D and then making the animation process extremely easy. On top of that the integration into construct 2 really will change the games you'll see being made with construct 2. Also does anyone know how IK's are implemented, i'm only familiar with IK's in 3d and don't see how this will work for 2D.

Thank you very much IK in Spriter itself is done by selecting one or more bones (in the same chain), and holding shift while changing the bones angle. If you have only one bone selected, it will do 2 bone IK with it's immediate parent. In the Pro version you can also right click on a bone to enable IK locking with it's parent which will hold the tip of the bone in place when you move the skeleton around, like keeping the feet on the ground and dragging down on the torso to make a character crouch, for instance.

In the C2 plugin, there is not currently, but there soon will be the ability to do this in game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is v1.0 still dropping today?

• Is v1.0 still dropping today?

Yes, doing some last minute bug fixes for a couple of reports I got today.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)