Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi lucid

I sent you a PM with my data.

It's not showing up in my PMs - at least not yet.

You can also send it to

• NRABrazil

The latest version of the plugin and importer require the files to be saved with two save options set in Spriter. This setting will be saved, so you only have to set it once. If you resave both files and import into C2, it will work as expected. This also makes it so C2 gives the sprites a more useful initial position:

• lucid

Yeah I know that but I think I forget to do it after upgraded to b7! So now I do it and test again and it is working fine, but another think that confuse me is the fact than the body parts options are inside the "default" body part sprite element as "animation frames", and so they are not visible in C2 project panel. The old file I mentioned is diferent, it has a "sprite element" for each body part option, I think than when I build it I do in a diferent way.

Thanks again for the quick help!

• The old file I mentioned is diferent, it has a "sprite element" for each body part option

That means in the old file you were probably using a separate sprite object on each frame in Spriter, instead of switching images on one sprite. The way you're doing it now is the right way for most cases, since you want your sprite to be able to tween in Spriter, and in C2, you can use one set of events for the head, rather than separate events for each animation frame.

• lucid

Taking the opportunity what is the better way to update a .scml file in C2, after changed it in Spriter?

• lucid

Taking the opportunity what is the better way to update a .scml file in C2, after changed it in Spriter?

It should just be a matter of dragging the scml file back into C2 after it's been changed. Making sure the scon has been resaved as well. Here's a more detailed explanation:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/827/re ... t2-project

• MAJOR PERFORMANCE BOOST for the Spriter SML/SCON! with the latest plugin! (14-04-2014)

Using Spriter B7: CPU use 7% only for a complex animated object (running animation with about 26 bones,) compared to before (I used Spriter B6.1 and its according plugin) it was around 30% CPU! (And it had less bones too.)

Current test I made was in C2 r163

Equivalent animation in a 20 frames per second version I reworked from scratch (painfully) consumes inside C2 around 5% CPU and around +30Mb image memory, but now with the scml/scon: CPU around 7% and 5.1 mb image memory only! Just wow!

Edit: minification works too, woohoo!

Keep up the awesome work , lucid, Ashley !

• Also lucid

Bug report (i'm using C2 stable r163, Spriter B7, latest plugin 14-04-2014, Win 7 64 bits)

Not sure if this problem was addressed yet or not: there's still the delay in scml object position when it's set to a C2 box sprite every tick (platformer, when the player jumps: if you keep the player box visible then you'll see what I mean, also pinning does the same delay)

Hope it can be fixed, thanks in advance!

: )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im sorry for a noob question but what about customisation feature? I tried to append character maps but it works only in Spriter in Construct 2 it is not working now. But how did you design the item changing feature in demo?

• lucid - I'm still having the problem with spriter attacks flipping AFTER I spawn them. I think I'll probably end up creating a mirrored animation to solve the problem.

• Bug report (i'm using C2 stable r163, Spriter B7, latest plugin 14-04-2014, Win 7 64 bits)

Not sure if this problem was addressed yet or not: there's still the delay in scml object position when it's set to a C2 box sprite every tick (platformer, when the player jumps: if you keep the player box visible then you'll see what I mean, also pinning does the same delay)

Hope it can be fixed, thanks in advance! : )

lucid I have the same problem

On PC looks good (is not noticed due to high frame rate), but on my Android tablet the stutter/delay can be seen clearly.

Box sprite (with Platform and ScrollTo behaviors) with Spriter animation attached every frame -> Spriter animation stutters when the player is moving

Spriter Test 1

Spriter animation (with Platform and ScrollTo behaviors) -> The Level/Layout stutters when the player is moving

Spriter Test 2

The same issue appears in real-time demo ...

Also I noticed that the main Spriter object works like a normal object/sprite (with behaviors and stuff). Can you add some features like changeable origin image point (to be at base, not only at center how is now) and the possibility to change its size ? That would help to get rid of the "green box sprite"

• tgeorgemihai

You can change the size of the scml object on the screen easily, make sure you study Brashmonkey's videos: setting scml scale ratio :25 in this video:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Now I remember that lucid addressed a first part of the delay problem by eliminating the delay that existed on the X axis, he did so while working on Spriter B6 or B6.1 I think. But the delay on the Y axis remained, yet one good thing is it is more limited than before.

Now regarding image points, I wonder if it will be possible to use the "points" inside Spriter animation editor, as an alternative to bones (and also hit boxes.)

I am also interested to learn more about image point control for the scml files.

• KFII

lucid

I know about scale ratio. I was referring to the Spriter object itself (

).

Practically I am asking to get rid of the green box sprite helper and use directly the Spriter object for detecting collisions and use of image points. When the character is down, the collision box becomes smaller, example: from 64x128px when the character is standing -> change to 64x64px when the character is down, the scale of the animation remains the same).

I don't know how bad was the delay before but I can clearly see it now on various browsers (Chrome, FireFox, Dolphin, CocoonJS ...) on my Android tablet (QuadCore, 1GB RAM, 1280x800) ... and kind of ruins the fluidity of the game ... I can record a short video if you want more details

• Thank you everyone for the continued bug reports and suggestions. I'll be looking into everything, including the lagging one frame behind issue.

Practically I am asking to get rid of the green box sprite helper and use directly the Spriter object for detecting collisions and use of image points. When the character is down, the collision box becomes smaller, example: from 64x128px when the character is standing -> change to 64x64px when the character is down, the scale of the animation remains the same).

No ETA on this, but it is a planned feature.

• KFII

That's not a BUG. That's just how PIN works. It's also not related to Spriter at all.

An object PINNED only updates after the parent object moves. If the PINNED object get's called update before the parent. Then when the parent moves the PINNED object won't update in the same tick. Instead the PINNED object will be updated the next tick.

As a sample take 4 objects. Pin each one to the next to create a kind of chain. Then have the root parent fall. You will see the results of pinning.

Personally I have plans to make a Plugin called SceneGraph. Which will work in a downward model. So when the parent moves, the system goes down to the children objects and will then do updates based on relative position. but that's not on the list right now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)