Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • any updates on char maps working in construct 2?

No status update yet. Ashley and I last spoke a couple of weeks ago about the importer, and we were working out specifics of how the importer and plugin should work with the latest features. Unfortunately, when I completed my part (getting the current pro featureset finished in the plugin), he was already in the middle of several other C2 things which he expected could take a few weeks. I will reply back here when I have a clearer estimate.

I can't understand why that particular image won't appear.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

It's the 'ç' character in 'cabeçaGato'.

If you rename that object to 'cabecaGato' in Spriter and save the scml and scon again it will work when you import it into C2.

For now I would just use this workaround, but at some point I will take a look into whether there's a way I can enable the plugin to handle the expanded character set.

Nice cat, btw.

• [quote:30kqbfeg]It's the 'ç' character in 'cabeçaGato'.

Bingo! I usually don't go for latin characters but this wasn't exported by me, and I didn't double-check that! Sorry for the confusion!

[quote:30kqbfeg]Nice cat, btw.

Thanks! My wife wrote and illustrated a book, and I'll try to publish an eletronic version of it. I'll definitely post the results once it's done.

• lucid

I hope you can prioritize the minify option in the plugin. With my simple game, the c2runtime.js file without minify is about 1MB+, and if I enabled the minify option it will only takes about 300+kb for that file.

Usually my total target filesize for my games is around 3MB+, so minify option is really important for me to minimize the download time and bandwidth. If the total filesize is too big, the publisher might reject it because of the long waiting time. Some of them are testing games with their phone with just "3G" speed to see how long the waiting or loading time for any particular games.

Please put minify as a high priority for next plugin updates.

Thanks

• I hope you can prioritize the minify option in the plugin.

plugin changelog 4/14/14

• Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from working when exported with the 'minify script' option
  • [quote:1xg8nngy]plugin changelog 4/14/14

• Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from working when exported with the 'minify script' option

Great work

• lucid

Thank you for your hard work.

But I just tested my game with minify option and I got this error

TypeError: a[e] is undefined

I think you may miss putting all Spriter object references into brackets.

I`m using empty consturct 2 project with the GreyGuy example files and uploaded to dropbox.

• just tested my game with minify option and I got this error .

Edit: Fixed - see below

• plugin changelog 4/14/14

• Fixed additional bugs that prevented the plugin from working when exported with the 'minify script' option

Please test this and let me know if there's any additional issues.

• lucid

It is working now. Thank you very much.

• lucid

It is working now. Thank you very much.

Excellent. Glad it's working now.

• lucid

Please clarify a doubt for me!

I build a spriter character which has some options for faces, arms, torso, etc and I made some animation in which I changed the body parts, selecting it and right mouse click the other option in object menu, but when I put it in C2 it only go with the basic body parts! It is a missing feature on C2 plugin or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

• Yes. I think your missing the prior posts Lucid has mentioned that Ashley needs to update C2 for the plugin to fully work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jayderyu

In fact I know about the "missing features", but I have an old spriter file in which I do some objects changing and it works in C2, like you can see in the image below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEUd7YySRoxc3NpRW8tNGdmLVU/edit?usp=sharing

But I do not know what I am doing wrong now!

• lucid, I build a spriter character which has some options for faces, arms, torso, etc and I made some animation in which I changed the body parts, selecting it and right mouse click the other option in object menu, but when I put it in C2 it only go with the basic body parts! It is a missing feature on C2 plugin or maybe I am doing something wrong?

quote]

Yes. I think your missing the prior posts Lucid has mentioned that Ashley needs to update C2 for the plugin to fully work.

NRABrazil, if you mean that Character Maps aren't working, then jayderyu is correct. If you just mean just regular image switching in an animation, then it should be working normally. Make sure that both the scml and scon files were saved with the C2 options on upon import. If it's still not working after this, the best way for me to troubleshoot is if you can send me your Spriter project folder (scml/scon and images) in a zip, and I'll take a look.

EDIT:

[quote:1ey2ld79]I have an old spriter file

If the file was saved with a much older version of Spriter, please try to resaving and reimporting the file.

• Hi lucid

I sent you a PM with my data.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)