Seeking assets for our new store!

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!

Tom link works for me

It would be sufficient for me. An unlimited use in several commercial projects would raise the prices. A restriction to one commercial project is probably all a customer wants for music. But for sound effects or graphics there might be the need for a multi-license. So this should be considered, maybe as a separate offer?

The licence seems okay generally. The definition of commercial project is a bit loose. Most royalty free licences at this sort of price exclude use in an advert, broadcast TV or theatrical release movies. Although it's unlikely people will use the assets for those things it might be an idea to clarify; maybe using "commercial game project" or "commercial software project" instead of simply commercial? A clause that the licensee mustn't claim or transfer attribution or the content might is another idea too (ie. saying that they created it), didn't spot if that was there. Both relatively minor points.

Jonnie91 That will be a bit harsh as they are buying from scirra marketplace and not directly from us. Maybe Tom will have to think how exactly can that be done.

That's very true, something I never thought of! Perhaps adding a credit to Scirra alongside us, is something that could be done instead?

All in all I'm happy with whatever decision is made but an idea would be to add something like: "name of resource" from "Scirra store" by "name of artist".

It might all be abit over complex, but still an idea!

I like the idea of a liscence bound to one project. Isn´t it the same graphic-river and friends work?

[quote:209x1yzn]Item popularity come and go in waves, and is not something that can be predicted or always influenced with price drop.

Good point, I'll drop this idea for now then.

[quote:209x1yzn]But for sound effects or graphics there might be the need for a multi-license. So this should be considered, maybe as a separate offer?

I've got to stop adding features to the store now, as we need to launch at some point. I'm not saying no to the possibility of this, but for initial launch the idea is to have one license for all, at one price for one unit. There's always the possibility of adding a feature in the future of allowing sellers to offer a % discount for minimum x units ordered of course.

[quote:209x1yzn]The definition of commercial project is a bit loose. Most royalty free licences at this sort of price exclude use in an advert, broadcast TV or theatrical release movies. Although it's unlikely people will use the assets for those things it might be an idea to clarify; maybe using "commercial game project" or "commercial software project" instead of simply commercial?

Absolutely, will add this in.

[quote:209x1yzn]A clause that the licensee mustn't claim or transfer attribution or the content might is another idea too

Again yes good point.

[quote:209x1yzn]All in all I'm happy with whatever decision is made but an idea would be to add something like: "name of resource" from "Scirra store" by "name of artist".

I'm afraid after a bit of thought I don't think we'll be adding any requirement for attribution. If sellers want, they can add their logos to the packs and have a polite txt file saying it would be nice if you could attribute, but for royalty free assets I don't think it should be a requirement.

Excellent and very useful feedback so far everyone, much thanks!

Could anyone check if previews are working on my music item page, because I can't see them? https://www.scirra.com/newstore/music/p ... xplorer-52

megatronx nope, not for me.

megatronx nope, not for me.

Ok, thanks.

Tom This, and also all descriptions I've written are gone now for some reason. Don't know if it was done because of some code changes or is it a bug?

The Audio preview here is working:

https://www.scirra.com/newstore/music/t ... te-funk-36

Tom This, and also all descriptions I've written are gone now for some reason. Don't know if it was done because of some code changes or is it a bug?

And I thought I was the only one... I lost two of my descriptions too. I suspected they were parsed by a newly installed module in the store, and when a hyperlink was spotted in the description - the entire thing was removed.

Which is why I was forced to rewrite my descriptions and to put Demo URL links in their respective sections. A minor frustration, but not that big an issue, just rewrite... and now it sticks.

And, yeah... your audio previews are not working for me either.

Tom:

Can we fine-tune the Seller Account page? (https://www.scirra.com/newstore/seller-account)

Because right now I have to individually enter each item I have put up on sale just to see their statistics - page views and unique visitors. Imagine having 20 items on sale in the store... you will have to open 20 tabs on Chrome or Firefox.

Unless you are saying that the Sales Report will summarize this information for me?

Wow I can't wait to try the new store! I already sent you an e-mail Tom!

I believe one-use-per-project is pretty fair, however most stores don't even specify the "commercial" part - a project is a project, regardless of whether it's free. I think this limitation should apply here too, otherwise users might get away with a "free" project when in reality they're earning a ton of money via ad revenue or even licensing (i.e. selling the rights to ArmorGames), and you'll have no way to know, since you don't have access to that info.

Also, the license should allow for the buyer to use the asset him/herself or ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT (that is, for a comissioned project) - this is very important! Some people (myself included) often use construct 2 to create advergames or otherwise do comissioned projects, so the license should be transferable (via the "on behalf of a client" clause, not explicit changing as that would be a logistical nightmare) to the sponsor.

Last thing (for now): envato (biggest and IMHO best general asset store) judges the quality of all items and sets prices themselves. While this generates more work for the store administrator, it ensures the quality (and expected price) stay consistent. I personally love the approach, as it removes yet another concern for the seller and buyer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I just emailed about a plugin I have for the store. I'm just curious, how long does it take for a reply?

I just emailed about a plugin I have for the store. I'm just curious, how long does it take for a reply?

LOL, once Tom is awake... probably give him at least another three hours and time to go through his inbox.

Jokes aside though: Although there was a fear of no longer having new "free" plugins because of the store, it would be good to actually finally see a premium plugin in that empty category.

necromaster I do plan on making it all better at some point. I'm really at the stage now where it's all working well, and I want to move on to other things so we can get it released. There really is an unlimited number of things we could do with it at this point. So hopefully in the future I'll revisit those pages and consider those changes.

[quote:r24yf8ax]Also, the license should allow for the buyer to use the asset him/herself or ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT (that is, for a comissioned project) - this is very important!

Yes, good point thank you!

[quote:r24yf8ax]Last thing (for now): envato (biggest and IMHO best general asset store) judges the quality of all items and sets prices themselves.

We've considered this, but we're not going to go down that route for now at least. We do have the ability to reject items, if something is way out of reasonable pricing (for example a brick png selling for £500) we'll definitely reject it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)