Seeking assets for our new store!

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!

I am so happy to hear this! I'm hoping it takes off and visual assets get flooded in the store. I'd be willing to pay for some good graphics.

Opps sorry should of been clearer, was specifically referring to the licensing agreement.

Regarding the store itself, very nearly there. Would be due to release close to end of week coming, but am going on holiday from 9th to 16th and releasing just before I disappear is a bad idea. So I think we're looking at a release before the end of the month now for sure. Longer than I anticipated, sorry! I'll have a much better idea of a release date by the end of this week coming.

I just hope it's not too restrictive now. I mean, in the end the shop is meant to be profitable. But with too much restrictions, people may consider to not buy. I'm happy that music is not bound to a certain format. But if I read about the ebooks... Imagine a teacher having interest in an ebook to use parts from it in his class. He/she would have to buy 20 (or however many students there are) licenses of the same ebook! I think this will lead to the decision to better buy one printed book from another author in a local shop instead.

Also, the commercial project declaration is still not so obvious to me. If someone creates a game with graphics bought in the shop and then sells the game for pc, it surely is a commercial project. Half a year later, the game is so successful that additionally a free version with ingame-ads is published on (Kongregate/Armor Games/Fill in whatever you like). Now is it still 1 project? And if not: where is the threshold?

RE ebooks, at the moment we only have one. I understand the concerns, but it's not a big issue for now and the license as proposed is sufficient. If more ebooks start coming in and it becomes an issue, we can re-visit it.

RE: Commercial project, I would say a commercial project is a title, if you release "Dungeon Keeper 2" and create a free version it is still under the title so counts as one commercial project. I'll think a little more about how to phrase it.

I see! That's fine then. Regarding commercial projects, I hoped for the answer you gave

Tom: It's mentioned that games with source code are "strictly for personal educative and learning purposes."

Well, I was looking through the Education pages and noticed that schools are actually on either a monthly or yearly subscription. How pray tell will a seller be able to benefit from this, if say a school decides to purchase his game with source code?

Everyone else: It seems there aren't many people who wants to sell source code in the store now. Why is that so? Would you deem it not "profitable"? And how much would you pay for source code?

necromaster

I would guess that the price of the source should reflect that, but you can't expect a royalty for an idea.

To me its more about the time invested since its not exactly code, but a new and different arrangement that others might not have thought of.

I agree 100% with newt. We are just selling ressources here and not innovations!

Beaverlicious newt what they said.

I'd suggest moving Preview above rating and description, just underneath the banner, then make it shorter, and put Buy button to its right.

Didn't want to read through 16 pages....is the beta period over? I submitted my samples to Tom in hopes of making it

I'd suggest moving Preview above rating and description, just underneath the banner, then make it shorter, and put Buy button to its right.

I second this. It's a good, meaningful suggestion.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Which group to upload to background ambiance?

Which group to upload to background ambiance?

Do you mean graphics, or sounds?

> Which group to upload to background ambiance?

>

Do you mean graphics, or sounds?

Just background ambiance track.

is it too late to join the beta testing of the asset store?

Ambient sounds can go in sound effects or music for now, up to you. Once there's enough ambient sounds to justify a separate category we'll add one.

miketv not at all!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)