Recording gameplay issue (NWjs, youtubers)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 fun gameplay beats created with vintage synth sounds
  • Just FYI. I asked NWjs team when can we expect fix for the "--single-process" issue and they replied:

[quote:1g34i6vc]will see this before 0.18.5. Thanks.

Current version is 0.18.4 so I guess it's very soon.

• I think the screen recorders are fine ane Construct 2 is the problem.

I don't understand at all why you would think that. If a program's stated purpose is to record an app, and it doesn't work with a certain kind of app, then that is the program failing to fulfil its stated purpose. It doesn't mean it is wrong to be a certain kind of app.

Not to mention there could be dozens of screen recorders out there that all work differently. Which is more sensible: we modify our software to work with all possible screen recorders (which may be impossible, if two happen to work in opposite ways), or should screen recording software make sure they actually work with all apps?

• > I think the screen recorders are fine ane Construct 2 is the problem.

>

I don't understand at all why you would think that. If a program's stated purpose is to record an app, and it doesn't work with a certain kind of app, then that is the program failing to fulfil its stated purpose. It doesn't mean it is wrong to be a certain kind of app.

Not to mention there could be dozens of screen recorders out there that all work differently. Which is more sensible: we modify our software to work with all possible screen recorders (which may be impossible, if two happen to work in opposite ways), or should screen recording software make sure they actually work with all apps?

If youtubers can record other games made by other products(unity,unreal,gamemaker), but can't record C2 games then the answer is simple C2 is at fault. Almost every problem from kongergate, to Steam uninstall bug, to now video recorders you say its the other companies fault. It just feels like anytime someone has a concern you say oh its the other companies fault. I was just stating the obvious.

• >

> > I think the screen recorders are fine ane Construct 2 is the problem.

> >

> I don't understand at all why you would think that. If a program's stated purpose is to record an app, and it doesn't work with a certain kind of app, then that is the program failing to fulfil its stated purpose. It doesn't mean it is wrong to be a certain kind of app.

>

> Not to mention there could be dozens of screen recorders out there that all work differently. Which is more sensible: we modify our software to work with all possible screen recorders (which may be impossible, if two happen to work in opposite ways), or should screen recording software make sure they actually work with all apps?

>

If youtubers can record other games made by other products(unity,unreal,gamemaker), but can't record C2 games then the answer is simple C2 is at fault. Almost every problem from kongergate, to Steam uninstall bug, to now video recorders you say its the other companies fault. It just feels like anytime someone has a concern you say oh its the other companies fault. I was just stating the obvious.

Urmm....

How do you know that other game engines don't have the same problem with screen recorders?

Did you go to their forums and check first? I recommend that you do. You will learn a lot of new things.

• "Urmm....

How do you know that other game engines don't have the same problem with screen recorders?

Did you go to their forums and check first? I recommend that you do. You will learn a lot of new things"

I am have been on other game engine forums and yes they sometimes have more problems that C2 especially Unity 5. The big difference is that they own up to the problem and try to fix it. Here whenever you have any problem , its not C2 fault its the other companies fault. Whether its problems with Steam, kongergate or screen recording its other companies fault.

So what your saying is C2 is always right thats fine by me. But over time this forum becomes less and less busy because anytime there is a problem, its not C2 fault.

• There's a link at the bottom.

It says careers.

If you click it maybe you can get a job to fix all Scirra's woes.

Of course that would mean that it's all your fault as well.

• There's a link at the bottom.

It says careers.

If you click it maybe you can get a job to fix all Scirra's woes.

Of course that would mean that it's all your fault as well.

LMFAO!! Thats the funniest thing you said all year. But I think your more qualified since you defend Construct2 every move and they can do no wrong, you would be a great company man.

• I tried, but the only position available was ass.

I'm over qualified.

• I am have been on other game engine forums and yes they sometimes have more problems that C2 especially Unity 5. The big difference is that they own up to the problem and try to fix it. Here whenever you have any problem , its not C2 fault its the other companies fault. Whether its problems with Steam, kongergate or screen recording its other companies fault.

What?

I don't think you have been used any other game engines before nor invest any time than just a cursory glance over the forums.

If you do invest your time in more communities and game engines, you will find the attitude of software developers is pretty much more or less the same in term of support.

If you dislike what Construct 2 has to offer you as all your recent posts demonstrate, there is nothing stopping you from trying out its competitors.

What make me response to your posts is simply this.

Criticisms is one thing.

Outright slanders based on assumptions you made based on cursory glances and your own negative emotions is another thing and falsehood never helps anyone.

• >

> I am have been on other game engine forums and yes they sometimes have more problems that C2 especially Unity 5. The big difference is that they own up to the problem and try to fix it. Here whenever you have any problem , its not C2 fault its the other companies fault. Whether its problems with Steam, kongergate or screen recording its other companies fault.

>

>

What?

I don't think you have been used any other game engines before nor invest any time than just a cursory glance over the forums.

If you do invest your time in more communities and game engines, you will find the attitude of software developers is pretty much more or less the same in term of support.

If you dislike what Construct 2 has to offer you as all your recent posts demonstrate, there is nothing stopping you from trying out its competitors.

What make me response to your posts is simply this.

Criticisms is one thing.

Outright slanders based on assumptions you made based on cursory glances and your own negative emotions is another thing and falsehood never helps anyone.

Ok I have been in other game engine forums and no the attitude is different. Where is the slander? I am stating actual fact, everytime there is a problem C2 developers say its not thier fault. Whether its Steam ,Kongragate or video players. Where did I lie?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried, but the only position available was ass.

I'm over qualified.

I'am an ass because C2 developers blame other companies for stuff not working. So I point out several occasions like Steam port not working properly , Kongregrate and now video recorder not working properly and that makes me an ass. No that makes you dumb for listening to all the excuses and following C2 blindly.

• ....I am stating actual fact, everytime there is a problem C2 developers say its not thier fault. Whether its Steam ,Kongragate or video players. Where did I lie?

Facts rely upon a quantitative measurement and all I'm seeing here is subjective statements.

Please provide a reliable way of determining the problem and I for one will gladly test it.

Also, there is some borderline trolling and unhelpful posts appearing in this thread from a few users which will not be tolerated. Please desist

• it's true that with bandicam I could not record the gameplay directly from within the game, the screen capture mode mode however works flawlessly, maybe I should be more documented on why it is so important to have a direct capture from the window itself but for now I'd suggest people to use their software in partial screen record mode.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Also I kinda agree with ashley on that one, no game supports that one or that one recording software, but I guess if the nw.js team fixes it that is a plus.

or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.

• or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.

Check out the user media plug.

• >

> or perhaps an action to record gameplay directly in C2 like some emulators do but I do not see that hapenning anytime soon.

>

Check out the user media plug.

I would be careful with that, as a self proclaimed "fanboy" of the canvas recorder I have to say that it's not very stable right now.

Although VP9 recording got fixed by Ashley a few weeks ago, there are still bugs left like for example bloated memory use and even crashes when using NWjs (32bit).

Finding a fix for those (bug-reporting to the browser vendors) is my task now though, as it seems like C2 is not at fault.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)