New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • ArcadEd Thanks man! It's a real shame... I'm still gonna try the Crosswalk, but it crashes my app after I run it on the device and I don't know how to get the error log .

• I do my debugging with Eclipse. You just need to set your device to debug mode when you plug it into you PC. Make sure you have the USB drivers (they come with the android sdk) then the debug window in Eclipse shows you everything going happening on your device. It's a great tool to have.

• ArcadEd

russpuppy

hey guys any idea how to get a listing from the leaderboard? I'd like to add one to the "scores" screen in my game ... I'm thinking I might actually need to use the browser plugin and js fro that but I'd like to know if you have any other ideas for it... after all the CocoonJS plugin has most of what I used to login and post the score but not a way to actually retrieve something useful(that I've seen so far) to make an in game list.

• Ragevortex I haven't tried it

• russpuppy well I'm going to google's documentation and they build a nice little string for that ... so far the way I'm attempting to work with it is using an ajax call to "get" the url I'm building using something along the lines of an examplehere (translated to a c2 event of course) and from google api's documentation example here if all goes well it should give me a json response I can use... that is a bit off my area of expertese but if done correctly it should benefit all of us by enabiling us to integrate a nice looking listing from the available information in the google play leader board to what we already have ... I hope.

I don't want to deviate too far from this thread's main theme tho so If I find out anything else and manage to get decent results I'll post the process in another clean thread.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ArcadEd

russpuppy

Well as it turns out we already use all that in the plugin js code I just found that out the hard way(by looking) so... if we had another item in the plugin that instead of just opening the leaderboard we could GET the leaderboard info we could theoretically just put it however we'd like in our apps.... :This is something we could ideally have ... I might just be dreaming tho...

• Kind of how facebook does it.

• The real questions for me are:

Which version of the cloud compiler are you using: 2.0 beta, 1.4.7?

Does the restore purchases option actually work?

Does everything work on iOS as well?

Do the Mopub/Admob ads work on iOS? (Fullscreen and Banner?)

And finally, do we still have the issue with banner ads showing even after you hid them?

• I might spend a lot of time this week/weekend actually running through everything with the plugin. Since I plan on doing video courses for each platform. I figured I better know what works and what doesn't

• BluePhaze

At the moment I'm using the 2.0(beta) compiler

on a Samsung Galaxy 3 and testing on other android phones and tablets too.

The banners in my project are showing only on designated layouts and in the actual game layout they do not show. (I have an intro and splash screen layout, game layout and scores and store layout.)

I'm currently working on "cleaning up" the scores layout and making the store layout. Everything else of the game is done and working as planned.

This current project is not aimed to air on iOs until after which is why I'm trying to make everything work from the get go so when I port it it has a smooth transition.

I'd like to hear from the iOs experiences from maybe ArcadEd to see if they had any other issues with the plugin... so far it's working fine on this side.

• ArcadEd I did experience a wierd slowdown and some "loading" jitter for the login and the scores but I think its because of where the calls are placed in the events rather than the plugin itself. I'm getting a fairly good fps considering the pace of the game itself.

• Gamecenter was that way too in the old version, I think it's just how it is and we need to work around that. Not sure if it's a plugin thing, or just how the api always works regardless of how you are calling it.

• The real questions for me are:

Which version of the cloud compiler are you using: 2.0 beta, 1.4.7?

Does the restore purchases option actually work?

Does everything work on iOS as well?

Do the Mopub/Admob ads work on iOS? (Fullscreen and Banner?)

And finally, do we still have the issue with banner ads showing even after you hid them?

-I used 2.0, worked fine

-I need to know this too!!

-It worked in iOS in the last version so i think yes.

-I dont know, but in android works

-I think that its fixed, i tried it in one of my games and its gone, hidden banners don't appear again.

If restore purchases is fixed, then i will remove the ads.

• russpuppy which version of C2 did you use 163 or 168

• I'm using 168

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)