New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • & dankhan : There is a bug we are fixing.

Here is the workaround. Go to the build tab and select ARM, then 'go to next step' at the bottom. Then 'close build page' at the top left. Then open up the build again. At the bottom of the details page, you will see beta and stable choices. This only needs to be repeated if you create a new project.

dankhan - it is strange, because sometimes that happens to me. Sometimes the code base is there to choose and sometimes it is not.

• ALI3D69

Can you check if chrome for android supports webgl on your phone by running your game in the browser? Chrome has a blacklist for devices where they think there are driver bugs that can make the app or device crash. Previously, crosswalk ignored the blacklist and used webgl on devices that chrome would not. It works sometime, but also causes crashes. The .4 crosswalk enabled blacklisting and is probably why it won't use webgl anymore.

new version support webgl? when it will be fixe?

in last update webgl didnt work in my phone! ther is always one problem!!!

• and dankhan

Let me know if you continue to have problems. I built several examples with beta 4.32.76.5 and tried on nexus 4 & nexus s and everything is working for me.

is right, xdk signs and zipaligns the apk. You just need to submit to store.

• and dankhan

Let me know if you continue to have problems. I built several examples with beta 4.32.76.5 and tried on nexus 4 & nexus s and everything is working for me.

is right, xdk signs and zipaligns the apk. You just need to submit to store.

Thanks InteliRobert and ALI3D69. I've managed to get the beta option now but I still get the white screen when running the APK. I really cannot figure out what could be causing this.

Dan

• IntelRobert - I am sorry if this has been brought up before, but what is the reason for APK files being so big? If my Construct 2 game says it is 480K in the editor, why does it balloon to 14 MB after building in XDK?

Also, that is awesome that XDK automatically signs and zip aligns. Thanks.

• ALI3D69

Can you check if chrome for android supports webgl on your phone by running your game in the browser? Chrome has a blacklist for devices where they think there are driver bugs that can make the app or device crash. Previously, crosswalk ignored the blacklist and used webgl on devices that chrome would not. It works sometime, but also causes crashes. The .4 crosswalk enabled blacklisting and is probably why it won't use webgl anymore.

i export my game in html and open it in chrom in my android phone but it didnt work!

my game work fine with 2 update ago. very good quality and smoothly and webgl works fine but sounds come from earpeace. but it gets slower from 1 update ago and webgl not work. and sound problem fix in the last update.

please tell me how to disable blacklist. please add option so we can disable and enable it. please. i made my game in last summer and i coudnt publish it yet!

• The size is due to the fact that crosswalk basically bundles the chrome browser (node webkit) around your app to provide all the functionality.

• ALI3D69

Even though chrome won't use webgl on your phone, your game will work on a wide variety of phones so it is possible to publish it. Try it on a friend's phone. If there was a way to disable the blacklist, it may work on your phone, but your game will crash on other phones and your game will get low ratings.

You can read more about it here: http://blog.tojicode.com/2013/11/the-state-of-webgl-on-chrome-aka-why.html It shows how to check the webgl support in chrome. It also describes how to disable the blacklist, but this method will only work on chrome browser, not crosswalk.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IntelRobert

Is there any place where we can watch upcoming updates/patches or additions that the Crosswalk team is doing now and in the future ?

• > and dankhan

>

> Let me know if you continue to have problems. I built several examples with beta 4.32.76.5 and tried on nexus 4 & nexus s and everything is working for me.

>

> is right, xdk signs and zipaligns the apk. You just need to submit to store.

>

Thanks InteliRobert and ALI3D69. I've managed to get the beta option now but I still get the white screen when running the APK. I really cannot figure out what could be causing this.

Dan

Today everything was working fine for me, after I updated to the latest version of XDK 0505 I started getting the white screen problem, I have noticed also that app went down from 18 mb to 16 mb, seems like a problem in this version of XDK.

Edit: I tried again using the Beta Code Base and problem was solved, now application is working perfect including lock orientation. P.S: I haven't implemented audio to my app yet.

• Hey guys, I've solved the white screen problem thanks to IntelRobert. The problem was my Project Path and Source Directory didn't match. They need to be the same. Now it all works fine.

Thanks,

Dan

• IntelRobert Thanks for the PM, I can confirm that XDK compiling is working again! AND, you guys have fixed the music/sound volume and controls, working flawless now!! Great job!

• dankhan I tried changing the path and the source, they are the same except on my source it says \www at the end of it, but other than that they are the same. Do I remove the www? because when I try it errors out. I am also still getting the white screen. Any help would be appreciated.

• IntelRobert

thank you for your answer.

it says that my phone in blacklist. but it worked fine in my phone before. i test my game in other other phone too and they didn't have any problem too.

if i wait, when it come out the blacklist? or when blacklist will disable?

i don't care about blacklist because it is not true and my phone support it just fine. so is there any way to disable it in crosswalk? when this happen? i can't publish my game when there is a chance that some people can't see my effects. and my game really need webgl effects.

• dankhan I tried changing the path and the source, they are the same except on my source it says \www at the end of it, but other than that they are the same. Do I remove the www? because when I try it errors out. I am also still getting the white screen. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to export your project as Android into the 'www' directory. The only time I got a white screen was when I exported to a folder other than the 'www' folder.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)