New Android Export Experiences

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • > IntelRobert or anybody,

>

> When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

>

> Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

>

good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.

IntelRobert

yongsheng, IntelRobert,

If you did implement this, we'd appreciate a simple way to turn the default option on and off.

We generally create our own exit window & buttons, as we think it looks much better, and more polished than the systems generic exit window.

• yongsheng, IntelRobert,

If you did implement this, we'd appreciate a simple way to turn the default option on and off.

We generally create our own exit window & buttons, as we think it looks much better, and more polished than the systems generic exit window.

+1

• >

> Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

>

shaircast: could I get the crash log via 'adb logcat' and which crosswalk version are you using? This can help us root cause them.

I'm trying to. Just downloaded " Error Log Dump" but nothing shows up when the game crashes. Can you let me know how to use it?

• >

> > IntelRobert or anybody,

> >

> > When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

> >

> > Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

> >

> good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.

> IntelRobert

>

yongsheng, IntelRobert,

if there is no history of current web app, then the system behavior is to exit current activity when pressing back-key. 2 options here:

1. Pop up a dialog to users decide whether to exit it.

2. Create a toast to say next 'back key will cause activity of current app exist'.

By the way, users can also use JavaScript API to exit web apps

Track it here: crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-1131

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yongsheng,

We do already use our own custom "exit window" to check the player wishes to exit before closing the app. I just wanted to make sure your proposed default "system exit window" would not interfere with our own custom exit window.

Thanks

• yongsheng and IntelRobert - thank you for being so quick to assess new features and implement them. Crosswalk keeps getting better and better.

• I get the following errors when compiling (GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY). IS this only because the images are not powers of 2? We have some rather large scrolling backgrounds. Some are 2560x2560 some are 640x1500, and there can be up to 3 or more scrolling at a time. But their entire box isnt completely filled with pixels though. depending on the device I can get to the main menu which has all of our backgrounds in all 4 levels scrolling behind eachother, and they are called up depending on what level is called. But then I can't get into the first level which is only 3 of the 16 scrolling backgrounds the menu had.

Here's the errors

if you want to see the scrolling backgrounds for yourself it's on kongregate right now:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/oobente ... ou+can%27t

• Keep it below 2048 x 2048, lots of devices cannot handle bigger textures than that!

• Keep it below 2048 x 2048, lots of devices cannot handle bigger textures than that!

Even if 75% of the 2560x2560 tiled background is empty pixels?

• bscarl88 if you read the images section of the manual and the don't waste your memory thread in the forums you will see that even transparent pixels still count. Your images are WAY to big for mobile.

• bscarl88 if you read the images section of the manual and the don't waste your memory thread in the forums you will see that even transparent pixels still count. Your images are WAY to big for mobile.

Thanks, I can definitely see how that's hindering us. I read the manual 2 or so years ago, but i guess not everything stuck! One of the problems that the export is telling is, is that our images aren't all in the power of 2. Do all of our images have to be a size of the power of 2, or is it just for the large tiled backgrounds?

• Does not need to be power of 2, but when it gets into memory as a texture, it becomes power of 2 regardless of your original size. Using a background of 1280 x 720p for example (even if its blank), requires 16MB of memory because it has to be stored into a 2048 x 2048 texture.

• Does not need to be power of 2, but when it gets into memory as a texture, it becomes power of 2 regardless of your original size. Using a background of 1280 x 720p for example (even if its blank), requires 16MB of memory because it has to be stored into a 2048 x 2048 texture.

thank you so much for this, that bit just made a huge connection in my head with how to work best with sizing images. your explanation along with this chart helped me understand how to work with image sizes better:

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/compute ... s-of-2.htm

is there a place I can learn that kind of stuff? because i consider myself good at the main logic of game development (at least in C2), but i would love to be better at formatting games specific to mobile.

• >

> >

> > Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

> >

> shaircast: could I get the crash log via 'adb logcat' and which crosswalk version are you using? This can help us root cause them.

>

I'm trying to. Just downloaded " Error Log Dump" but nothing shows up when the game crashes. Can you let me know how to use it?

typically I'll connect my Android device into my dev machine(need to install Android SDK). After setting up connection with it via usb(enable usb debugging in 'settings' om Android), you can run 'adb logcat' in your dev machine and get crashes and Java exceptions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)