Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

0 favourites
  • Would be nice to have, I hope that this new UWP thing works out though.

A few of Microsoft's past tries, with building a solid gaming technology & platform didn't went that well, if I remember that correctly.

• Ashley would you please pin this thread so it gets more attention? It's been 10 days since anyone posted on it so it's falling behind..

• andreyin - I think we've sufficiently made the point that C2 devs want this, with 92% votes for interest Microsoft said they read the whole thread and the feedback was super useful.

• andreyin - I think we've sufficiently made the point that C2 devs want this, with 92% votes for interest Microsoft said they read the whole thread and the feedback was super useful.

Great

• This is good news!!!

I don't know what the 4 people were thinking when they disagreed with this opportunity.

• late to the party.. but +1 here as well. I've been designing a game for controller use and would be perfect for xbox (although I assumed I could never roll out there).

• Awesome!! This is great news.

• I'd like better Microsoft integration across the board. If this helps, then yes x 9999999

• I'd like better Microsoft integration across the board. If this helps, then yes x 9999999

• I want! I love Windows/Xbox and it would be great to have access to leaderboards, friendslist, gamertag, achievements, and MULTIPLAYER (not working in Edge/Win10).

• I'd say maybe, only if the support is good and work out of the box for as long as it exists, as we have seen plugins getting fewer attention than others.

• Thanks to the years of video game console lock-in with certain titles like "Gears of War", and "Halo" This Microsoft customer is looking for a much better platform that is OPEN. (Cant make a windows version?!?!? Is windows not a Microsoft product?)

Microsoft has been poison to the internet with their unpatched browsers for years. They have killed industry in the united states, and the simple fact that their controllers will not work WITH THEIR OWN BROWSER, makes me want to hit the cap-locks key and yell: "HELL NO!" The way web developers had to cater to internet explorer 6 by not using .PNG, and using the .GIF format, is completely absurd. (Seriously?!?!? this is crap from CompuServe before they reformed into America Online (AOL) in the 1980's)

I look forward to our new lord and saviors for gaming on the PC: Valve and Gabn!

After they break the Direct X lock-in with Vulcan, there will be absolutely no reason to pay the "Micro$oft tax". PC vendors will be able to offer their gaming computers at a $100 discount in the USA. SteamOS needs a lot of work, but it is totally worth it to see this dinosaur, and menace to computing finally extinguished.

Burn Microsoft, burn.

Sincerly:

Guy who has been booting Microsoft garbage on his computers since the days of D.O.S. 3.5 on a floppy disk.

Ashley we need another voting option under no: "f#$%# NO!", I would much rather develop for Sony.

• Ironically, Xbox One is probably one of the most "open" (as in accessible) consoles to develop for: you can get stuff up and running on it with a consumer console and free software from MS. Nobody else matches that right now.

IE6 sucked, but MS are really on form with standards compliance and active development with Edge. I think your views are about ten years behind the times!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks to the years of video game console lock-in with certain titles like "Gears of War", and "Halo" This Microsoft customer is looking for a much better platform that is OPEN. (Cant make a windows version?!?!? Is windows not a Microsoft product?)

Wow, finally someone that talks more open about things like these, I usually hesitate because

I don't want to trigger certain people that cannot deal with criticism about one of their favorite products/technologies.

It's facts like these that also let me think twice about any new thing that Microsoft comes up with.

Although Ashley is right, at least they improve and try to do things better, which works out sometimes I guess.

• Criticism is fine, but getting your game in one of the 3 main consoles out there right now should be more important than leaving it out because you dislike a company.

In fact, if you follow this line of thinking why would you release your game on Windows anyway?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)