Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

0 favourites
  • C2 games already run great on Xbox One. I ran a few already for testing. The only holdup is Xbox Live.

• C2 games already run great on Xbox One. I ran a few already for testing. The only holdup is Xbox Live.

Ashley

That's quite a hold up. Can anything be done to get things moving in this direction? When it last came up I think you posted something about waiting for info from Microsoft?

There's also some questions as to what KIND of C2 games can run on XB1. Seems anything that pushes the engine graphically doesn't run very well at all. Either way, we can't release on XB1 until support is finished, so...

• And what about apps not games if you are not in IDwuy@Xbox prog? UWP Apps are now on Xbox (VLC, notepads, calendars and so on) and I tried to enable Xbox One as platform in Devcenter but I cant enable it. No package supports Xbox. Does this not work with C2 exported apps at all or do I need to add a specific reference to make it work?

I have talked with Microsoft multiple times now regarding this and they said that even with xbox live features C2 games will not be allowed to be published on xbox one. This is due to some secret security issues they can't talk about. Anyway this is the final email from my contact at Microsoft.

[quote:e7yq92ro]We have security teams dedicated to ensuring compatibility and safety across approved middleware partners, and there is at this point no workaround for Xbox One as it relates it Construct 2 not even with xbox live features; I have checked this with our teams multiple times and unfortunately there is no path forward with Construct 2 on Xbox One right now.

I don't know what these issues are but it would be interesting to know.

• That seems to contradict what I've heard from other sources. But I can't speak on behalf of Microsoft here.

• They've mentioned to me that UWP games are going to happen, but not soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley While this is nice, I think everyone on the planet would want Xbox integration, but I thought this was dead due to security issues?

I think Leaderboard would be the top request because this is so basic and many people rarely get past this to anything else.

• still no news?

• Who isnt? Im also interested in Switch, and PS4, as well as pc XD

• The new Xbox Live Creators Program mentions c2 as supported engine. Will we get a Xbox live plugin for logging in etc or using achievements and Xbox live features? Publishing a c2 app is still not possible for Xbox App Store?

http://news.xbox.com/2017/03/01/xbox-gdc-2017/

• Yes, we'll have an Xbox Live plugin out soon.

• Great! Can you tell us more about what it can do already? Ashley

So if we can finally publish games to Xbox without iddzd@xbox it should be possible to upload apps for Xbox, too? Or did someone already successfully upload a c2 app?

• Just heard about, this is amazing news. I've been sitting with a devkit for almost a year now waiting. I'm glad everything turned out ok and that Scirra didn't decide to make this a C3-only plugin or something.

Great! Can you tell us more about what it can do already? Ashley

So if we can finally publish games to Xbox without iddzd@xbox it should be possible to upload apps for Xbox, too? Or did someone already successfully upload a c2 app?

In the website it says:

[quote:3nibhj39]The program works with retail Xbox One consoles, so you won’t need a dev kit to get started. For developers who want access to more Xbox Live capabilities and to gain additional development and marketing support for their game, they can enroll in the IDdzd@Xbox program – even after their game ships.

I don't know what they mean by "even after their game ships" but I think you need a iddzd@xbox account to get your game on Xbox One because of the Live capabilities.

• Great! Can you tell us more about what it can do already? Ashley

So if we can finally publish games to Xbox without idzjq@xbox it should be possible to upload apps for Xbox, too? Or did someone already successfully upload a c2 app?

It's possible to do this already for testing, however without any integration there's no way to launch on the platform.

• ill echo whats been said above.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)