Greenworks a node-webkit plugin [STEAMWORKS]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • That's very good news! : ))

Thanks for the update , much appreciated!

• No idea what you just said but it sounds awesome!! In English does this mean we're getting a plugin?

• No idea what you just said but it sounds awesome!! In English does this mean we're getting a plugin?

Not yet, we gotta watch for node.js 0.11 stable to be release for Ashley to have a shot at it.

• And as stated, Node.js 0.11 probably wont come, as they have 0.12 as an stable branch instead.

• Conti
  • Amazing release of sourcecode for a connection from node-webkit to the steamworks api for steam integration.

https://github.com/greenheartgames/gree ... .3.0-alpha

Ashley - At a glance, does this bring us *any* closer to an official Steam plugin for Construct2? <3 (puppy dog eyes)

• I think that is would make sense for c2 to officially support steam. They have export options for so much...

C2 even has tools for the wiiU - you can't get them unless you are a licensed nintendo developer and I would think that the steam tools could be treated in the same way; without approval you can't get it.

• steam tools could be treated in the same way; without approval you can't get it.

Why would we need approval to get it? I don't understand... Nintendo did it probably to protect their store from getting flooded with shovelware, which they are consistently emphasize on quality, while imposing no fees on developers, am I right? Steam already does this with the greenlight fee, am I missing something?

• Ditto There's already two fees getting a game to the Steam, first the C2 license, then integrating a Steam plugin, then the Greenlight fee, and then the Greenlight process. I really doubt that another step would accomplish much.

• Ditto There's already two fees getting a game to the Steam, first the C2 license, then integrating a Steam plugin, then the Greenlight fee, and then the Greenlight process. I really doubt that another step would accomplish much.

What 'steam plugin' must be integrated to the c2 project?

• Bumping this to add even more *puppy dog eyes* than

Look, that's a whole army of super cute beggars here! (* v *)

• DuckfaceNinja - You are correct. What I meant is you have to pay the greenlight fee to get access to the tools. (I was using approval synonymously with paying for greenlight. Sorry for the confusion.

• Ruskul , I would even go as far as to say you have to be a registered Steamworks developer in order to gain right to use this 'Plugin' if it is made.

(So it would implement that you have signed NDA and your game (probably) has been greenlit).

• Conti
  • Yay, getting closer

• Ruskul , I would even go as far as to say you have to be a registered Steamworks developer in order to gain right to use this 'Plugin' if it is made.

(So it would implement that you have signed NDA and your game (probably) has been greenlit).

- Conti

This is 100% correct. A steamworks plugin would only be usable to Greenlit Games / Games sold through a publisher for sale on Steam. One would *need* access to the API calls tied directly to a steam approved game / app to have a functioning plugin.

That being said, having a functioning plugin steps up the presentation & quality of any Construct 2 game released on Steam and in turn makes C2 an even more of an easy choice when it comes to developing games for Mac/PC/Linux.

The question might come down to business though. Will enough people purchase / upgrade licenses for C2 to justify the development time required to implement greenworks into an official plugin..? I don't know. All i know is as soon as I get my first payout from steam, I already owe Scirra a chunk of that to upgrade to a business license. It's not much, but im sure there are a few others in a similar position, and many more yet to come.

**continuing puppy dog eyes for Ashley**

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One would *need* access to the API calls tied directly to a steam approved game / app to have a functioning plugin.

I don't know what I'm about to ask but here goes nothing, will it be too much if we ask for a public access to the API calls for testing and play-around the plugin purposes. Is such a thing (can) even exist?

It seem it would require a game to be greenlit to actually know whether the plugin is working, or is there any way that would tell me the plugin works?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)