Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Some functions don´t work on mobile. Specially video and openGl (maybe it works using phonegap on ios8 and androidL)

• Scofano So, what can I do if I want a Video with the logo of my company at the start of the game?

• I believe u can´t. It works on browsers but I can´t tell you how to do it on mobile. As I said, maybe using phonegap / ios 8 but I´ve not tested yet.

• Carson leong I find that even though an app is landscape, if you launch while holding the device in portrait mode, the default XDK portrait splash screens will show up.

Just add splash screens for portrait, with the image rotated 90 degrees.

• There is a new Crosswalk 10 beta that has the fix, but it is NOT in the Intel® XDK build system yet. We are testing it this week.

Any update about this?

I've rebuilt my game with Crosswalk 10 and all the Webstorage data have been wiped out...

• I gotta add that xdk 10 slowed the app A LOT. :/

IntelRobert

• I gotta add that xdk 10 slowed the app A LOT. :/

IntelRobert

Yes, the same here, maybe because Crosswalk 10 is based on Chomium 39, which has a lot of V-Sync/jank issues, and Crosswalk 7 is based on Chromium 36.

• IIDanII That should have been resolved. I will check with the team to see if/why Crosswalk 10 wasn't updated.

thanks,

Ian

• Some functions don´t work on mobile. Specially video and openGl (maybe it works using phonegap on ios8 and androidL)

Video doesn't work on crosswalk? That's a bummer. Is it a fix on intel's end, or does the C2 video plugin simply not support XDK yet?

What about CocoonJS's cordova exporter, does it support video?

Iolva

If the video is really short, you could just load it in as an animation, couldn't you?

• I had to go to Crosswalk 10 because of google play was warning me it would delete my game from the app store. However all of the webstorage has been removed. Now I am happy that nobody bought any of IAP yet, but I don't want this to happen again.

So how much can we really trust Crosswalk? This can become a very big problem. If it keeps erasing the players progress. Does anyone know that if I build my app again with crosswalk 10 will it erase webstorage again? Remember my last build is Crosswalk 10 now.

• I had to go to Crosswalk 10 because of google play was warning me it would delete my game from the app store. However all of the webstorage has been removed.

I also did a test export with Crosswalk 10, but my webstorate stayed. So no errors regarding that on my end.

If you think about it: As far as I know, the device stores the webstorage data from the game in the folder it creates based on the name you set in the Intel XDK (com.companyname.app). So if you release a new version of the game, it should still use the same storage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• glerikud It was a known Crosswalk bug, it was reported fix but we're awaiting the fix to make its way into XDK's cloud compiler. If it works for you, they must have done the update on their end.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • glerikud It was a known Crosswalk bug, it was reported fix but we're awaiting the fix to make its way into XDK's cloud compiler. If it works for you, they must have done the update on their end.

Thank you.

• I am glad it's resolved. Is there any way for the future to prevent these kind of things on my end? It would really cause lots of issues if people lose the IAP cause of this.

• Are the servers updated yet (to Java 7 or whatever )? Is that everything required for FB plugin?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)