Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Probably you not have more space in the home screen for more icons or you desactived the option you install other app after to test?

Other apps from the Google Play install just fine. I have plenty of space on my home screen and internal storage.

Is me the only one with this problem?

If the game is installed and no icon is displayed on Home screen is a big chance that the user will never play it more than once since he will forgot he even installed my game.

Can someone send me please a test app made with IntelXDK 1621 to install on my Phone...maybe my IntelXDK settings are messed up.

• > Hello,

> 1. Is there any way to disable splash screen when building with Intel XDK crosswalk? If I disable splash screen plugin, nothing is changed.

> 2. How to optimise my app for tablets? I'm sure my app takes the whole available layout, but Google play developer console says that it isn't designed for tablets (it doesn't take the whole layout space).

>

1. Remove the splash screen from the XDK project

2. I asked the same question the other day but got no answer

1. Where? In projects - > build assets? Won't be then Intel XDK default splash screen?

2. I suppose it is because of icon and splash screen - you cannot add very high res icons and splash screens in Intel XDK. I'll tag imaffett, maybe he knows.

• >

> > Hello,

> > 1. Is there any way to disable splash screen when building with Intel XDK crosswalk? If I disable splash screen plugin, nothing is changed.

> > 2. How to optimise my app for tablets? I'm sure my app takes the whole available layout, but Google play developer console says that it isn't designed for tablets (it doesn't take the whole layout space).

> >

>

> 1. Remove the splash screen from the XDK project

> 2. I asked the same question the other day but got no answer

>

1. Where? In projects - > build assets? Won't be then Intel XDK default splash screen?

2. I suppose it is because of icon and splash screen - you cannot add very high res icons and splash screens in Intel XDK. I'll tag imaffett, maybe he knows.

You have to edit the xdk project file *.xdk and look for the "splashes_": [] part and remove the file references.

• Cipriux try one of the games in my sig both are made with the newest XDK and work fine..

also have you tried uninstalling your app and clearing it's cache and data before restarting

• I am having problem with app exit on back button, behavior is not same for all app, just upgraded old app and build apk, it is working perfectly.

But for new game app is not exiting on back button and there is no error as well.

Does any one facing same issue any workaround for this ?

• You have to edit the xdk project file *.xdk and look for the "splashes_": [] part and remove the file references.

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks volkiller730 I will try that

• I'm getting performance drops on a pretty low CPU Usage game, I'm currently using the XDX Stable release, does anyone know if the beta has better performance?

• bscarl88 know one can answer this honestly. it should preform better, but depending on your project there's a chance it doesn't. So I would say it would be best just to make a quick beta build a see how it runs for you

• bscarl88 know one can answer this honestly. it should preform better, but depending on your project there's a chance it doesn't. So I would say it would be best just to make a quick beta build a see how it runs for you

Gh, good call. To use the beta version, do I just type in "beta" where it says "Stable"? it doesnt have a dropdown like it used to

• bscarl88 - yes, just put "beta" sorry for the confusion on the change there to a free text box

• I have IOS app that build using Cordova 3.x in IntelXDX. My app is in Landscape orientation.

All work fine, except there is potrait default Cordova Splash Screen show out when first open the app. I have insert my own landscape splash on the Launch Icon and Splash Screen section. Why my own splash screen didn't show up? How to remove the default Cordova splash?

• I'm getting some weird audio issues. For one of my games, when emulating it ad testing it on a phone through IntelXDK, my sfx aren't playing at all. The music in the music folder plays, but the ones in the sound folder don't. Here is where it gets weird, I exported it out, and installed it on my phone and the again no sfx. After a few tries however, the sfx plays normally. I tested another game file through IntelXDK and the sfx in that game works fine. Anyone having similar issues with audio? Also, I just updated my IntelXDK so I am using the latest version 1621. I tested it out using both the blank template and the cordova template with same results.

• APK Build results: CocoonJs=18mb; intelXDK=26mb; Original export from C2=9mb... in other news has anyone tried out Adbuddiz.

Been getting a few emails from them recently.

• Hi. Any of you have a functional video working on an Intel XDK project? I can't get it to work. My video plays with no problem on IE 12, Chrome 28, Firefox 35 but not on Android. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)