Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• There is a new Crosswalk 10 beta that has the fix, but it is NOT in the Intel® XDK build system yet. We are testing it this week.

• does the standard IAP plugin work with crosswalk yet? or do I have to use the Cranberry one?

• Where can I check to see when this webstorage issue is resolved?

The link below it says it has been resolved, but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to the end user exporting with IntelXDK?

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

I really want to update my app. For now can I use either Stable or Beta crosswalk build to bypass the webstorage bug?

• imaffett

IntelRobert

I updated Star Nomad Elite on Android with XDK stable build (I'm assuming its Crosswalk 7) and so far everything is fine, I no longer get any Google security warnings and everything else works as it should.

I also notice it runs a bit smoother when I run in ART mode. So far so good! Thanks guys.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We are waiting for QA to finish on the updated crosswalk 10 before updating the build system. You can watch for an update here: https://twitter.com/intel_xdk.

Several people have reported that rebuilding/rebsubmitting with stable (crosswalk 7) gets rid of the warning. We haven't changed anything so I don't know why that works, but it is harmless to try. Crosswalk 7 does not have the webstorage problem.

Where can I check to see when this webstorage issue is resolved?

The link below it says it has been resolved, but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to the end user exporting with IntelXDK?

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

I really want to update my app. For now can I use either Stable or Beta crosswalk build to bypass the webstorage bug?

• Yes, we wanted to make it more secure.

> Since the update to 1621, we have to log in to download our APK's??

>

Sometimes I get an error when trying to download the APK from the email sent by the XDK.

It just shows me an XML dump similar to

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

etc.

Obviously related to this new security but it appears for no obvious reason (e.g. I didn't fail the login--I wasn't even asked.) Assume login details are cached are first successful login.

• hi

i test the hello admob demo in intel xdk and it working fine but when i test the chartboost plugin i didn't see any ads... so anyone can give me an example or test the plugin to see if this work ?

this is the plugin link:

plugreg.com/plugin/spilgames/cordova-chartboost-plugin

__

i really need this..please someone test this and make it work ..

thanks

• Compiled apk with IntelXDK don't seem to create a Home icon (For my Samsung Galaxy S2 v4.4.4). I tried to decompile the apk to look at the manifest.xml but it only outputs "smali" directory. Renaming the apk to zip and looking inside seem to have all the required files, but it has to be some sort of error on one of them.

• Hi Cipriux - Did it install the app? Are you saying it did not create a default icon on your home screen (but it's available on the installed apps)?

• imaffett Yes, the app was installed and working but did not create an icon on home screen. I had to go to installed apps list and run it from there.

• Ok, as far as I know we do *not* create the home screen shortcut. I can ask around to see if it's possible.

• imaffett That is strage, Every time I built with IntelXDK and installed the apk, a home icon was created. (almost every time)

• Probably you not have more space in the home screen for more icons or you desactived the option you install other app after to test?

• Hello,

1. Is there any way to disable splash screen when building with Intel XDK crosswalk? If I disable splash screen plugin, nothing is changed.

2. How to optimise my app for tablets? I'm sure my app takes the whole available layout, but Google play developer console says that it isn't designed for tablets (it doesn't take the whole layout space).

• Hello,

1. Is there any way to disable splash screen when building with Intel XDK crosswalk? If I disable splash screen plugin, nothing is changed.

2. How to optimise my app for tablets? I'm sure my app takes the whole available layout, but Google play developer console says that it isn't designed for tablets (it doesn't take the whole layout space).

1. Remove the splash screen from the XDK project

2. I asked the same question the other day but got no answer

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)