Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• >

> > WebM (VP8, vorbis) and OGV (Theora, vorbis) also fail. All of these videos run fine in chrome for android and firefox for android.

> >

> > Why doesn't crosswalk support this? Is there some additional step required? Where is the missing link here, in the video plugin, or in XDK?

> >

> > This is getting really aggravating...

> >

>

> I have the same problem, have you solved it?

>

No. I was hoping to get some reply from Ashley or intelrobert, but nothing so far. Looks like imaffett is at Intel too, maybe he would have some input.

If this isn't supported, okay, but there is no official info from either Intel or Scirra that says 'videos are MIA on crosswalk'.

What's frustrating is that it works great on chrome mobile. I have a pretty low end android device, but amazingly enough I can not only play a video at decent speeds when previewing in chrome mobile, but I can even layer a grain field and scanlines over it and use a webGL distortion effect while maintaining decent fps (trying to do a crt effect). That I can do that on my device blows me away. Except...I need to publish as an app, not a webpage.

I guess I ought to just start a separate thread about this.

Grrr... /rant off

Please send me a link if you do that

I have a very nice video logo intro for my games but i can't use it!

• I have the same problem with performance, but my game is only a test and dont have ads yet.

Tried to disable internet but no difference. With Crosswalk 7 runs fine.

And other thing related to the gpu black list. Ive tested the game on a mediatek mt6592 (mali 450 gpu), and runs very very slow. In a motorola motog runs fine, and is a lot less powerfull phone. Isnt the blacklist disabled by default on intel xdk?

• Hi heisendev.

Oh well. I guess we hang ten for now. It is after all still in beta so I'm sure it will get fixed eventually. I do have to say that my game, with ads off, does run silky smooth where before I had slight performance issues so that's a good thing.

• Hi TiAm - sorry I'm jumping into this issue later. I will try to get in touch with the Crosswalk Team to see what the status is. I know there can be problems with redistributing codecs because of IP issues.

• dcadjust heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Intel Customer Support :

[quote:1t6hvvih]the upgrade to Crosswalk 10 required a change to the way we sign your app that may result in some older Android 4.0 devices failing to install your app, because these older devices do not support SHA256withRSA signatures.

And indeed, I compiled my application with Crosswalk 10, and my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray (Android 4.0) gives an error in Google Play "your device is not supported."

How to correct this situation? Do I need to setup Google Play indicate that my application is not supported on Android 4.0? To avoid negative feedback.

Sorry for my english.

• imaffett

I also tried three different open source codecs: WebM (VP8, vorbis), WebM (VP9, Opus), and OGV (Theora, vorbis). All of these worked aces in chrome for android.

Chrome and chromium support all these codecs, though chromium -- and, likely by extension, crosswalk -- doesn't not support MP4 (h264, aac) due to licensing issues.

Hope this can be sorted; WebM (VP9, Opus) support would be particularly useful, as it is actually superior to MP4 (h264, aac) at low bitrates, which really helps with scooting in under the 50mb limit for android.

• dcadjust heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.

Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.

• > dcadjust heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.

>

Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.

Hi All. just to let you know this has worked for me. My game is running smoothly now disabled text banners. I hope the issue eventually gets fixed. Right now it doesn't matter as my game is not really being played by anyone and I am making no money from it. I see this more as a learning experience. Things to keep in mind as I go along. Hopefully in the future I start delivering games people do want to play and by then ads works well.

Thanks for the help. Appreciated as always.

• Hi TiAm

I ran a test using App Preview and the XDK using crosswalk. I had it load upwww.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html and WebM and MP4 worked fine. Ogg/Theora did not load.

• >

> > dcadjust heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.

> >

>

> Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.

>

Hi All. just to let you know this has worked for me. My game is running smoothly now disabled text banners. I hope the issue eventually gets fixed. Right now it doesn't matter as my game is not really being played by anyone and I am making no money from it. I see this more as a learning experience. Things to keep in mind as I go along. Hopefully in the future I start delivering games people do want to play and by then ads works well.

Thanks for the help. Appreciated as always.

Some more feedback - Did some more testing last night for a longer time and sad to say the the huge frame rate drop is still there. For now I think I will stick with interstitial ads until the problem is resolved.

• dcadjust

What about jittering in Crosswalk? Is is only about banners,

or is it still Chromium issue?

• dcadjust

What about jittering in Crosswalk? Is is only about banners,

or is it still Chromium issue?

I wouldn't say jittering is a problem in my game. You can try the game and see what happens. Its a basic basketball/puzzle game. With ads on you will see a huge drop in frame rate then if you disable your internet connection so there are no ads the game runs much better

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hotmadness

• dcadjust

it works well, but it's only 1 ball

• dcadjust

it works well, but it's only 1 ball

You mean with Ads on? Yes only one ball but on my galaxy tab 3 with ads- frame rate just dies. I feel it is crosswalk related. On the previous version ads had some effect on performance but not this drastic.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)