Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• > I had to go to Crosswalk 10 because of google play was warning me it would delete my game from the app store. However all of the webstorage has been removed.

>

I also did a test export with Crosswalk 10, but my webstorate stayed. So no errors regarding that on my end.

When did you build it?

• 2 days ago I think, but don't rely on that for serious projects. Better test first.

• I've tested it two days ago too, and webstorage data were lost after the update...

I'll try again tomorrow...

• If your having trouble with the updating I created a tutorial today to resolve the google security issues.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1349/h ... ate-in-xdk

• Ashley IntelRobert

Just wondering: what is the state of video support in crosswalk? Can't get it to work.

So far I've tried mp4 (h264, aac) and WebM (VP9, Opus) with no luck. Going to try WebM (VP8, vorbis) and OGV (Theora, vorbis) next.

• WebM (VP8, vorbis) and OGV (Theora, vorbis) also fail. All of these videos run fine in chrome for android and firefox for android.

Why doesn't crosswalk support this? Is there some additional step required? Where is the missing link here, in the video plugin, or in XDK?

This is getting really aggravating...

• Have u tried phonegap ios8 / android L ?

• Carson leong I find that even though an app is landscape, if you launch while holding the device in portrait mode, the default XDK portrait splash screens will show up.

Just add splash screens for portrait, with the image rotated 90 degrees.

aquinn, I have try upload both landscape and portrait splash in Icon and Splash section in IntelXDX, but IntelXDX didn't pick the portrait splash because I select landscape when build it. Is there any way to add both?

• I've tested it two days ago too, and webstorage data were lost after the update...

I'll try again tomorrow...

Tested, and it worked fine. Webstorage data are still there.

This time I've set the Crosswalk Version to "beta" insted of specify "10". It should be the same but, anyway, double check the Build Log: Crosswalk Version 10.39.235.15 is the fixed one.

• With the stable version my game runs smoothly on phones and tablets, I was happy to see that but then I found out that I have to compile it with the newest version (beta) so that I can upload it to the Play Store, and now the game lags on phones and tablets, it's almost unplayable because of the lag, it doesn't react immediately like it should so you lose because of that.. I hope it will get better, I can't release the game if it works so crappy :s

• Any update on the bad performance fix? I really hope this get fixed fast.

• WebM (VP8, vorbis) and OGV (Theora, vorbis) also fail. All of these videos run fine in chrome for android and firefox for android.

Why doesn't crosswalk support this? Is there some additional step required? Where is the missing link here, in the video plugin, or in XDK?

This is getting really aggravating...

I have the same problem, have you solved it?

• I also received the SSL warning on my XDK Exported game and followed the suggested fixed and used "beta"in XDK. This seemed to have work and for now the error is gone. I have realized though that the Admob banner ad in my game causes so much slowdown that the game is now unplayable. If I disable my internet connection so the ads do not show the game runs smooth. Anyone experienced this issue?

• > WebM (VP8, vorbis) and OGV (Theora, vorbis) also fail. All of these videos run fine in chrome for android and firefox for android.

>

> Why doesn't crosswalk support this? Is there some additional step required? Where is the missing link here, in the video plugin, or in XDK?

>

> This is getting really aggravating...

>

I have the same problem, have you solved it?

No. I was hoping to get some reply from Ashley or intelrobert, but nothing so far. Looks like imaffett is at Intel too, maybe he would have some input.

If this isn't supported, okay, but there is no official info from either Intel or Scirra that says 'videos are MIA on crosswalk'.

What's frustrating is that it works great on chrome mobile. I have a pretty low end android device, but amazingly enough I can not only play a video at decent speeds when previewing in chrome mobile, but I can even layer a grain field and scanlines over it and use a webGL distortion effect while maintaining decent fps (trying to do a crt effect). That I can do that on my device blows me away. Except...I need to publish as an app, not a webpage.

I guess I ought to just start a separate thread about this.

Grrr... /rant off

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also received the SSL warning on my XDK Exported game and followed the suggested fixed and used "beta"in XDK. This seemed to have work and for now the error is gone. I have realized though that the Admob banner ad in my game causes so much slowdown that the game is now unplayable. If I disable my internet connection so the ads do not show the game runs smooth. Anyone experienced this issue?

Hey,

I have the same problem. When I disable the internet the game works well as it should, but when I enable the internet and the admob banner appears then the game becomes slow and unresponsive. I hope this gets fixed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)