Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Since the update to 1621, we have to log in to download our APK's??

• Yes, we wanted to make it more secure.

Since the update to 1621, we have to log in to download our APK's??

• Yes, we wanted to make it more secure.

> Since the update to 1621, we have to log in to download our APK's??

>

I wanted to ask, for the recent update, did you guys move to Crosswalk 9 (which resolves a few issues related to security & large games)? I read the release notes but nothing is mentioned.

• Beta build in XDK has been updated to crosswalk 10. We believe that rebuilding and republishing will eliminate the warning from google play. Go to the project tab, build settings, android-crosswalk tab. Under crosswalk version enter beta. Then go to the build tab, say yes when it asks you to upload, then build. Please retest your app thoroughly before publishing

Potential security vulnerabilities with open OpenSSL are present if you use an older version of the library. We are aware of this issue in Crosswalk versions 7 through 9.

We will notify you as soon as we have a remedy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just republished an app with the latest update and the warning has gone, but I had also done the SSL reinstall that some people suggested, and I used Crosswalk stable version..

• Stable is using crosswalk 7, which has an SSL version that can trigger the message.

I just republished an app with the latest update and the warning has gone, but I had also done the SSL reinstall that some people suggested, and I used Crosswalk stable version..

• Stable is using crosswalk 7, which has an SSL version that can trigger the message.

> I just republished an app with the latest update and the warning has gone, but I had also done the SSL reinstall that some people suggested, and I used Crosswalk stable version..

>

hmm well if I get the message I'll rebuild. Thanks.

• Beta build in XDK has been updated to crosswalk 10. We believe that rebuilding and republishing will eliminate the warning from google play. Go to the project tab, build settings, android-crosswalk tab. Under crosswalk version enter beta. Then go to the build tab, say yes when it asks you to upload, then build. Please retest your app thoroughly before publishing

Just tested the beta build, xwalk 10. Good news, it works, Star Nomad loads fine and runs a bit faster.

BAD NEWS. WebStorage LocalValue is reset. The old saved-game based on WebStorage is deleted, starting afresh.

Xwalk 10 must have changed the way it handles localhost, because by default, WebStorage saves the app data based on the current localhost IP & port, something like 10.0.0.7:50000 (or thereabouts). When that IP/port is changed, WebStorage cannot retrieve saved app data and thus builds a new empty one under the new IP/Port.

I can't update Star Nomad Elite since Xwalk7/8/9 has the security glitch and 8/9 (bug) doesn't load big games with lots of images.

Edit: Stable (7) remains fine for function, but still triggers security alert from Google.

We are working on upgrading 7 with a version that will fix the SSL error. I will report back your findings about the port change though.

• I can't update Star Nomad Elite since Xwalk7/8/9 has the security glitch and 8/9 (bug) doesn't load big games with lots of images.

!?

I thought this "lot of images" bug was long time gone !

So I have to be careful as the final version of Healer Quest has 264 images... :-/

• You can track the WebStorage issue here: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

Just tested the beta build, xwalk 10. Good news, it works, Star Nomad loads fine and runs a bit faster.

BAD NEWS. WebStorage LocalValue is reset. The old saved-game based on WebStorage is deleted, starting afresh.

Xwalk 10 must have changed the way it handles localhost, because by default, WebStorage saves the app data based on the current localhost IP & port, something like 10.0.0.7:50000 (or thereabouts). When that IP/port is changed, WebStorage cannot retrieve saved app data and thus builds a new empty one under the new IP/Port.

I can't update Star Nomad Elite since Xwalk7/8/9 has the security glitch and 8/9 (bug) doesn't load big games with lots of images.

Phuck me. /facepalm

Edit: Stable (7) remains fine for function, but still triggers security alert from Google.

• You can track the WebStorage issue here: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

Thanks.

It looks like they have a similar bug to CJS's WebView+ on the newest version, related to user profiles for storing data.

• i just got started with intel xdk and got some problems here,

When i create a new project and set everything up and build it everything works fine, but if i got a new version i click on upload files and try to build again an get a message that says "build fail"

Plugins permissions:

Device

Media

SplahScreen

Facebook connect

AdMob

Build settings:

Fullscreen (checked)

Signed (checked)

Orientation: Landscape

Crosswalk version: stable

android version: 14 - 19

Build fail message:

BUILD FAILED

.../tools/ant/build.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:

.../tools/ant/build.xml:698: null returned: 1

Total time: 1 second

Error code 1 for command: ant with args: release,-f,.../pongtoohard/build.xml

Can anyone help me with this?

---------------------------------------

Update:

i have figured out that it have to do something with the facebook plugin, if i disable them everything works fine.

How can i get the facebook plugin to run?

Or should i use the phonegap facebook plugin?

• Hello, Is there a list of troubleshooting options I can use in attempt to find out why my game no longer installs on my device? I published an app on the Google Play store and used Intel XDK to build it. The game works fine from the store, but when I updated some of the art and events, I can no longer test the game on my device. I have tried removing AdMob, any other plug ins, and everything I added, but the game will still not install. Are there some key reasons as to why this might be happening? Please, any amount of info will be a great help, I am running out of ideas on things to try and really want to update this game.

There are no error messages or codes other than, "the application won't install". I tried removing AdMob and anything new I added, but it still will not work. Everything is up to date. Last night I tried to use the Infinite Jumper Mobile template from Construct 2 and that one worked on my device. That leads me to believe that I must have an error somewhere in my Construct 2 file versus it being an Intel issue, but maybe it is something else. I have tried rebooting my device, uninstalling, clearing cache, tried on another device and they all failed. I also tried comparing that template to my project to see if I altered a setting by accident, but could not come across anything different in the properties.

So is there anything anyone can think of as to why my game apk no longer installs on my device? I have to be overlooking something.

• Can someone please confirm if the issue of webstorage being wiped in the new crosswalk has been resolved before I update my app?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)