Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• iceangel How do you add Google Play (Leaderboards)? What do you do in C2 and what in XDK?

• IntelBrandon

IntelRobert

I'm currently receiving this error when trying to build for ios with XDK:

Error: Plugin failed to install: com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling (com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling)

I'm not sure why this plugin is included since im building for iOS not Android. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

• iceangel How do you add Google Play (Leaderboards)? What do you do in C2 and what in XDK?

IT doesnt work well with mobile though. Couple of problems I noted:

-It makes you open a web browser to login instead of the in-game prompt.

-Couldnt get leaderboards to work

-Couldnt get achievements to work

I was testing on a game that is only in alpha and not published on the market place if that makes a difference.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bscarl88 itis true that not walk fine but it is a step forward for the immediate future.

• bscarl88 if you dont mind using a C2 third party plugin you should try cranberrygames Game plugin here it works great and i think it works the way you need. i use it in my games and it works great. check out the first game in my forum sig. if you want to see how it works. i have both achievements and leaderboards

• Crosswalk will never replace CocconJS since XDK is not native it is like PhoneGap - slower. Using anything but CocconJS makes HTML5 worse than Flash. HTML5 won't replace Flash, sorry. Flash may be old and poorly written, but it has almost 15 years on HTML5 that it was developed. It's going to take a lot longer to kill Flash than people think. HTML5 is only good cause of its simplicity to develop for. The speed is slower.

• Helladen

maybe we should ask IntelRobert if there are any chances to have Crosswalk as fast as CocoonJS

• Using anything but CocconJS makes HTML5 worse than Flash.

How much did they paid you to wrote that kind of things?

• shinkan

I would like to see at least 1 moderate size platformer game working smooth (without jittering) on Crosswalk

and at least 1 app with smooth sine behavior

• I'm not interested in any of platform games and don't remember when last time I used official sine behavior. Besides that all of my projects and projects I've been working on works quite fine on crosswalk.

• bscarl88 if you dont mind using a C2 third party plugin you should try cranberrygames Game plugin here it works great and i think it works the way you need. i use it in my games and it works great. check out the first game in my forum sig. if you want to see how it works. i have both achievements and leaderboards

Thanks! downloaded and rated

• > Using anything but CocconJS makes HTML5 worse than Flash.

>

How much did they paid you to wrote that kind of things?

I tried IntelXDK, it sucks and is not much better than PhoneGap. I would rather use Game Maker than Construct 2 if I was left with any other option.

Helladen

maybe we should ask IntelRobert if there are any chances to have Crosswalk as fast as CocoonJS

It will never be. IntelXDK uses Crosswalk which is a wrapper. CocconJS is native code, the reason why Flash is better than HTML5 cause it is native! A wrapper gives you an easier time to make it compatible with many more devices and usually has more HTML5 functionality when compared to CocconJS, but it sacrifices speed.

• Helladen

AFAIK CocoonJS is wrapper too, just 100% oriented on gaming and speed. It's like browser but hand-crafted for games.

In case of Chromium etc. they just don't care about games.

So you can have WebRTC, fonts, other magic stuff - but you can't get 100% smooth running game.

In my case CocoonJS would be perfect but low fillrates on AdMob (via MoPub) really hurts.

• Helladen

CJS is a wrapper. It's actually a Canvas with WebGL engine, or rather, half of what chromium is. On iOS8+, it's now much slower than the Safari browser engine and around 5-10x slower than the new WKWebView Safari engine.

On Android, its about the same as the more recent Crosswalk version for my big games. The problem with Crosswalk is it can be stuttery or jitter on some mobile hardware, while running smoothly on others. It's quite strange. But then with my experience with CJS, on Android, it just crashes on a whole range of devices, including Samsung Tab2/3, S3 phones..

CJS with WKWebView is unmatched for iOS though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)