Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• TwinTails

Thank you, that clarified a lot =)

• Hi All

After building a crosswalk project with Intel XDK, do you still have to sign it afterwards or do anything like zip align etc.? Or is the APK ready to be uploaded to the play store?

Thank you.

• dcadjust

The APK is signed and ready if you tick that option, but you can also do it manually with zip align etc if you prefer.

• Hi All

After building a crosswalk project with Intel XDK, do you still have to sign it afterwards or do anything like zip align etc.? Or is the APK ready to be uploaded to the play store?

Thank you.

oh you've cross posted. I answered in your other post.

• > Hi All

> After building a crosswalk project with Intel XDK, do you still have to sign it afterwards or do anything like zip align etc.? Or is the APK ready to be uploaded to the play store?

> Thank you.

>

oh you've cross posted. I answered in your other post.

Sorry about that and thank you. Confusion on my side. Thought I didn't submit that side.

• dcadjust

The APK is signed and ready if you tick that option, but you can also do it manually with zip align etc if you prefer.

Thanks Allchix for the info.

• Hi, if i tick the "signed" option, where can i retrieve the key to make an update to the game if necessary?

Or it would be a better way to go if i do the signing stuff manually?(the signing procedure is confusing me a lot)

Thanks

• Hi,

maybe i overread it but is there a way to get the app (build with crosswalk) smaller? installed its over 50mb where the app made with cocoon is "only" 22mb (for a under 500kb game)

• cesisco Email and ask for the keystore file.

The only case I know of where you'd need manual signing is if you already have a key for an existing app that you want to build using Crosswalk

fldr Crosswalk-built apps are currently bigger as they include the chrome browser engine. The best way is probably to optimise your assets.

• oh thats sad, i thought with all the good talk about it in the last time, cocoon getting kicked and so on it had became an real option, but 50+MB for a game that as plain html has only like 500kB (with all assets) isnt realy acceptaple

• cesisco Email and ask for the keystore file.

The only case I know of where you'd need manual signing is if you already have a key for an existing app that you want to build using Crosswalk

fldr Crosswalk-built apps are currently bigger as they include the chrome browser engine. The best way is probably to optimise your assets.

Ok Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

maybe i overread it but is there a way to get the app (build with crosswalk) smaller? installed its over 50mb where the app made with cocoon is "only" 22mb (for a under 500kb game)

I saved space by deleting my Media and Images file before exporting. That way, if I had any assets that i didnt need anymore, they weren't taking up space. Not sure if this will help you though :/

• Hi, if i tick the "signed" option, where can i retrieve the key to make an update to the game if necessary?

Or it would be a better way to go if i do the signing stuff manually?(the signing procedure is confusing me a lot)

Thanks

You can make updates to your game even if you tick the Signed option. As said above, you can easily get the keystore file if you need to.

• > Hi,

> maybe i overread it but is there a way to get the app (build with crosswalk) smaller? installed its over 50mb where the app made with cocoon is "only" 22mb (for a under 500kb game)

>

I saved space by deleting my Media and Images file before exporting. That way, if I had any assets that i didnt need anymore, they weren't taking up space. Not sure if this will help you though :/

Thanks! but that doesnt really help, my game is really cleaned up and the pngs cant be more compressed

i found out that the "normal" Android build only takes about 2MB and runs exactly the same speed as the crosswalk build does for this game, hurray!

• > Hi, if i tick the "signed" option, where can i retrieve the key to make an update to the game if necessary?

> Or it would be a better way to go if i do the signing stuff manually?(the signing procedure is confusing me a lot)

>

> Thanks

>

You can make updates to your game even if you tick the Signed option. As said above, you can easily get the keystore file if you need to.

Ok thanks.

This may have been asked before, but what should be the minimum Android version without taking to many risks of crashes and other issues?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)