Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Heads up when you test your own games with ads. If you click your own ads even if it is by accident you'll get banned and you won't get any more ads delivered to your app. And believe me. That sucks

bscarl88

If you click by accident occasionally, it will not ban your account. But if on purpose and with some frequency, it is very easy for them to detect and banish you.

I believe that people do not know the best way to configure tools like Mopub, follow the tutorials is a good foundation, but it is not always the best, you have to try a combination that works for you.

• oh crap, I've been doing that to test. How do I know if I'm banned?

• Heads up when you test your own games with ads. If you click your own ads even if it is by accident you'll get banned and you won't get any more ads delivered to your app. And believe me. That sucks

Yea I was wondering about this. Thing is, having test ads work doesn't always mean real ads will work.

• What's the best way to debug a game using Crosswalk Intel XDK?

My game (a fairly simple platformer, as a test) is quite laggy when run on device (HTC Desire X) as an app, however this is not mirrored when running it in Chrome from a server.

In the app version, there is roughly a second delay between hitting the jump button and the character jumping.

Within Intel XDK, should I be looking at the Debug or Profile tab to look for this issue? Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for?

• We don't currently support 9 patch. There is already a request to add it, but it is queued up behind some other issues so I don't know when it will be there.

IntelRobert I read on another topic that placing a 9patch png as a splash image make it avoid distortion. Is this true? because I tried several 9.png images an all of them are distorted on my Samsung galaxy s2 with aspect ratio 16:10

The left is the original one and on the right is a snapshoot from my phone

I know the 9patch image is properly generated, it has the 1 pixel black border as it should, I did my homework

• IntelRobert

Please confirm http://localhost:58888 is no longer working with XDK Sep update.

Sadly, our previous oauth2 login flow is no longer working where we redirected back to app page using localhost:58888.

Also, notice that the current app built with Sep XDK is using file:// url to access html and files and browser does not allow to go from http:// to file://

Any advice on how to fix this?

---

current oauth2 login flow

app requests login ---> redirect to server's login page ---> user login ---> redirect back to app index.html with parameters

• Also discussing in PM, but for others who have the same question. Crosswalk follows cordova/phonegap and uses file: as origin. You can read this article on the recommended way to do oauth in cordova: http://phonegap-tips.com/articles/googl ... owser.html

You can also look at an example I did:

https://github.com/rscohn2/phonegapi

IntelRobert

Please confirm http://localhost:58888 is no longer working with XDK Sep update.

Sadly, our previous oauth2 login flow is no longer working where we redirected back to app page using localhost:58888.

Also, notice that the current app built with Sep XDK is using file:// url to access html and files and browser does not allow to go from http:// to file://

Any advice on how to fix this?

---

current oauth2 login flow

app requests login ---> redirect to server's login page ---> user login ---> redirect back to app index.html with parameters

• IntelRobert

Hello Robert,

Whenever I try to upload my APK to the google developer console, it gives me this error message:

Upload failed

You need to use a different package name because "xdk.intel.blank.project" already exists in Google Play.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, since I put all my own details into XDK before I built my app:

Under "build settings -> Android-Crosswalk" I populated the fieldd "App ID, App Name, App description, Author"

Thank you

• IntelRobert

I'm trying out Intel XDK for publishing to Cordova iOS, and I'm stuck at the certification process before building. Specifically, I've downloaded the certificate from the Apple Developer Center as per the instructions, but when I upload the file ios_distribution.cer, the Intel XDK application just gets stuck at "Please wait while we upload your file.....". I've left it for hours but nothing happens. It's just a 2KB file.

I'm using the latest version of Intel XDK.

Could you offer any advice?

• Sorry if this already came up earlier...

Iv'e built some apks earlier with XDK crosswalk but now im realy stuck :C

Problem: I built a game with 3 Layouts (webstorage is the fancyest thing in the project)

I try to compile but i get the "verify error" ... the project isn't big but i spent a day seeking mistakes in my writing or shorten my sprite names without success.

so i rebuilt my project step by step (Layout by Layout) and now comes the mystery:

Layout1 (Login + Event Sheet) --> Works in compiler emulator --> Is able to create apk --> works on android device

now i added the "variables" eventsheet

still all working.

now i added the Layout2 + Event Sheet

• -> Works in compiler emulator --> Is able to create apk --> starts on android device with "A BLANK PROJECT TEMPLATE" and a touch me button o0

What did i do wrong???

How to fix this?

• IntelRobert

I'm trying out Intel XDK for publishing to Cordova iOS, and I'm stuck at the certification process before building. Specifically, I've downloaded the certificate from the Apple Developer Center as per the instructions, but when I upload the file ios_distribution.cer, the Intel XDK application just gets stuck at "Please wait while we upload your file.....". I've left it for hours but nothing happens. It's just a 2KB file.

I'm using the latest version of Intel XDK.

Could you offer any advice?

It should be almost instant due to how small the file is. Can you cancel it and try it again? It could have been a network glitch.

• Hello,

I want to publish a android adventure game in the near future with Intel XDK Crosswalk.

can someone please explain to me, what permissions i have to tick, if i want to offer AdMob ads, IAP and savegames? Is there some kind of documentation, for what function each of these permissions is used for? I don't want to anger the android community with asking for too many permissions.

Thank you

• It should be almost instant due to how small the file is. Can you cancel it and try it again? It could have been a network glitch.

Thanks, but it's working now! Maybe my PC just needed a day to breathe

• Kuskus You don't need any special permissions for Ads or IAP.

As for save games, it depends on what you're using for saving. Crosswalk doesn't currently support Google Play Game Services & no permissions are required for local storage save games.

All other permissions can be turned off.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." Then nothing bad in the build log. Whyyyyyyy I wanted to release todaaaaaay

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)