Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Right now I am getting

"The build failed

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

Is there something wrong with the build servers right now or is it just something with my project?

I've been using XDK successfully for a couple of weeks but today I started getting the same error, and now not even that, it's just stuck on the "building" screen. I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong/different, but I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this. Must be something wrong with their server.

• > Right now I am getting

>

> "The build failed

> An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

>

> Is there something wrong with the build servers right now or is it just something with my project?

>

I've been using XDK successfully for a couple of weeks but today I started getting the same error, and now not even that, it's just stuck on the "building" screen. I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong/different, but I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this. Must be something wrong with their server.

The same problem (on Windows 7). This happens not only for Crosswallk for Android building but for Cordova Android and Legacy Android export.

It seems that Intel XDK v.1332 does not work.

• >

> > Right now I am getting

> >

> > "The build failed

> > An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

> >

> > Is there something wrong with the build servers right now or is it just something with my project?

> >

>

> I've been using XDK successfully for a couple of weeks but today I started getting the same error, and now not even that, it's just stuck on the "building" screen. I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong/different, but I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this. Must be something wrong with their server.

>

The same problem (on Windows 7). This happens not only for Crosswallk for Android building but for Cordova Android and Legacy Android export.

It seems that Intel XDK v.1332 does not work.

I did wonder if it was an issue with the latest update since I updated yesterday though if I recall part of the reason I ran the update was because I was getting issues already, so maybe it's something server side. IntelRobert are your engineers are aware of the issue?

EDIT: So I did just have a successful build. I did change a few settings (included all plugins), added some more detail to build settings, and it worked. Not sure if it was because of the settings I changed

EDIT 2: I was able to build another project that I didn't change any settings on. So seems like maybe something's been fixed server side

• EDIT 2: I was able to build another project that I didn't change any settings on. So seems like maybe something's been fixed server side

Same, just got a build. And I hadn't upgraded to latest XDK build and didn't change any project details.

• Intel XDK 1332 works now. I did not change any settings. Probably the problem has been fixed.

• My splash screen look stretched on my Samsung Galaxy S2 .the screen size is 800x480 which is 16:10 ratio (Intel XDK accept only 4:3 and 14:10 ratio). Is there any chance to crop the splash instead of stretch?

• Right, we had some operational problems that brought down the build servers. It should be fixed now.

>

> EDIT 2: I was able to build another project that I didn't change any settings on. So seems like maybe something's been fixed server side

>

Same, just got a build. And I hadn't upgraded to latest XDK build and didn't change any project details.

• Cipriux this conversation might help you:

I haven't tried 9 patch yet but that seems like it would be the best option if it works

• russpuppy Thanks man. It seems other people are having the same issue. At least I know is not something I did to mess the splash:)

• IntelRobert that'd be cool if you could save your signing key into your online account somehow in XDX. We lost ours and now we can't retrieve it is there a way I can pull a key from XDX so I can keep publishing the app under it?

• IntelRobert I read on another topic that placing a 9patch png as a splash image make it avoid distortion. Is this true? because I tried several 9.png images an all of them are distorted on my Samsung galaxy s2 with aspect ratio 16:10

The left is the original one and on the right is a snapshoot from my phone

I know the 9patch image is properly generated, it has the 1 pixel black border as it should, I did my homework

• IntelRobert that'd be cool if you could save your signing key into your online account somehow in XDX. We lost ours and now we can't retrieve it is there a way I can pull a key from XDX so I can keep publishing the app under it?

Just email and ask for the keystore file. Oh wait.. you were signing yourself and lost the key?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > IntelRobert that'd be cool if you could save your signing key into your online account somehow in XDX. We lost ours and now we can't retrieve it is there a way I can pull a key from XDX so I can keep publishing the app under it?

>

Just email and ask for the keystore file. Oh wait.. you were signing yourself and lost the key?

you can do that? That'll be good for my future releases! Well, we used adwerapper as the final signing application, and they can't get us back our file. Which sucks because the ad revenue is AWFUL for adwrapper. I made 3x as much money testing my app in 30 minutes than I did with 3 months of adwrapper. Adwrapper stats:

~1300 impressions, ~300 clicks = $1.7. AdMod Stats = 38 Impressions, 8 clicks, $7.2 astounding, lost a lot of revenue using adwrapper

• >

> > IntelRobert that'd be cool if you could save your signing key into your online account somehow in XDX. We lost ours and now we can't retrieve it is there a way I can pull a key from XDX so I can keep publishing the app under it?

> >

>

> Just email and ask for the keystore file. Oh wait.. you were signing yourself and lost the key?

>

you can do that? That'll be good for my future releases! Well, we used adwerapper as the final signing application, and they can't get us back our file. Which sucks because the ad revenue is AWFUL for adwrapper. I made 3x as much money testing my app in 30 minutes than I did with 3 months of adwrapper. Adwrapper stats:

~1300 impressions, ~300 clicks = $1.7. AdMod Stats = 38 Impressions, 8 clicks, $7.2 astounding, lost a lot of revenue using adwrapper

Yea I got the keystore file from Intel so I could try out AdWrapper.. glad I didn't go with it. Thanks for the figures, very informative!

• Heads up when you test your own games with ads. If you click your own ads even if it is by accident you'll get banned and you won't get any more ads delivered to your app. And believe me. That sucks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)