Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • well I don't have any music in the game yet, it broke all audio and soon after the game crashed. This was while using the developer app though, later I will test with a compiled apk.

• yea i don't use the developer app. try a full compile

• these plugin crash when i run it where you get C2 plugin

https://github.com/CocoonIO/cocoon-plugins-c2

one line code

• you mean the app crashes? or C2 crashes? the compile itself goes ok? or you get compile errors?

• Setting audio to silent have no effect on background music in cocoonIO, just the sound effects. Trying to make a toggle button for the music. Any thoughts?

• yea you don't try to control the volume.. use the tag in your audio.. call it.. "music" for example.. then you use the pause command and refer it by that tag.. pause / resume respectively.

• oh i just read that it well show in the browser so that is ok....

cocoon forum dead no there or take a day before someone answer...

next question i use appodeal but seen i cant use it on cocoon what or my best option for ads i'm to use admob and how to sign up here http://www.mopub.com

• the best thing for ads if you ask me is to use the native cocoon IO ads plugin with admob.. there are several other ad options I just know admob works..

if you want to do rewarded video.. i suggest you use sang ki's Vungle plugin which I have had good luck with so far.. no audio trouble (unlike xdk) but for video ads you MUST do the music pause stuff I mentioned otherwise you will hear music playing behind the ad.. which isn't always bad.. but is just sloppy..

• these plugin crash when i run it where you get C2 plugin

https://github.com/CocoonIO/cocoon-plugins-c2

one line code

To prevent seeing that warning in your preview use the Cocoon Canvas plugin and have a subevent with the condition Is Canvas+ whereever you are using cocoon events

• thatserafimkid oh hey so this.. this is something where you use the canvas+ plugin.. if you add that plugin and in the events that call on a thing that's cocoon io.. ad "is canvas+" and this will clear the error.

'this is why i'd advise people take questions over to cocoon io forums.. just because there are answers there.. i had this issue there and someone helped.. it's not that you can't or shouldn't ask here, but it would be great if the cocoon io guys see all of us chatting on their forums showing a strong C2 community using their tech

The more of us using it.. the more energy they will put into developing it.. even free users.. strength in numbers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yea you don't try to control the volume.. use the tag in your audio.. call it.. "music" for example.. then you use the pause command and refer it by that tag.. pause / resume respectively.

Thanks! Got it working now so I can have seperate toggles for music and sound. I'll have to test it more tomorrow to make sure but now its 4:30 am here so I'm going to bed

• awesome glad you made it happ'n cap'n

• i get faster answer here all now no one look on my post over cocoon... thatserafimkid i found the cause and fix it lol

so mopub cant show video ads

if i am not wrong from what i read in construct 2 i add cocoon IO ads plugin then enter Mopub ID, upload to cocoon and add the Mopub plugin then build game

• yes that should work.. the only issue right now is that you can only do one ad with the cocoon io plugin..

the trick to the plugin is making sure you add (under plugins on cocoon io site) to include the right services to reflect what you setup in C2.. admob.. adcolony.. mopub.. etc..

• I managed to make cocoon.io look native by turning off pixel rounding and destroying certain sprites that left the viewport by inverting "is on-screen". I use chipmunk physics which is alot faster than C2's and it's smooth at 60fps at most times. Cocoon is definitely the future and I hate smart phones (I have an iPhone 5s for messenging but test on my friends Sony Xperia), never play apps and didn't know jack about developing for apps until a month ago. I've got a whole load of plugins I'm using in C2 and I didn't develop my current app with any particular device in mind, I just used horizontal 16:9 for the layout. if I can get silk smooth with cocoon, there's really no reason why anyone else can't.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)