Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Also Zebbi you should open a thread on the game engine section of the cocoon io and share this discovery..

1. it could help others

2. it will help the cocoon io people see something is up that they should look into fixing.

• Also Zebbi you should open a thread on the game engine section of the cocoon io and share this discovery..

1. it could help others

2. it will help the cocoon io people see something is up that they should look into fixing.

I was going to anyways, I've added it to my topic: https://forums.cocoon.io/t/ads-keep-cha ... econd/1588

You'll notice I'm the only poster in that thread cause barely anyone else exists on those forums.

• yes performance might be not as great.. but don't assume it means bad... different kinds of game logic and movement require different kind of performance.. i haven't seen your game.. but what i am saying is try it.. if you can confirm it works in one and not the other this helps give you ammo to go to Cocoon IO support and say.. "hey guys this doesn't work, can you fix it?"

Webview+ didn't fix leaderboards and performance seemed virtually the same though perhaps slightly worse, can't be certain though, my fps counter looked very similar.

• yea so far my webview testing hasn't helped my situation either.. in fact i'm having some issues getting things to compile now with webview at all.. glad to be a silver member though now so i can have test projects up along side my actual projects and not have to share the same space..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yea so far my webview testing hasn't helped my situation either.. in fact i'm having some issues getting things to compile now with webview at all.. glad to be a silver member though now so i can have test projects up along side my actual projects and not have to share the same space..

Have you figured out how to keep an app logged in forever to google games? I appreciate a one-time login but everytime I start the app?

• I don't use that service for any games i've made so far so I can't say. I'd like to try it out but right now i have to get screen capture / saving to local memory working for a job. I'll pay anyone $50 who can give me a working capx.

• An idea, perhaps some forums here for each of the major compilers like cocoon and xdk, just list them as unofficial and use them as a place where users can offer inter-user adive, alot better than everyone going to the cocoon forums or the xdk forums, both aren't much help tbh.

If it's not considered to be Scirra's responsibility to offer unofficial support for the compilers, look at it this way, Scirra advertises it's capabilities in developing games for mobile platforms and without these compilers there would be no mobile games.

• yea exactly.. Scirra needs to figure it out an official solution. they need to own the pipeline.. no screwing around with 3rd party services that have really no incentive to support Construct 2 users (who are often not wanting to spend money)..

And as I was suggesting before.. Scirra could make their publishing pipeline a pad premium service.. sure let people use XDK or Cocoon IO without this, but for those who NEED to know plugins are tested and working, C2 users could be part of a monthly service that insures someone is testing and able to confirm things are as they should be

If everyone is using the same approach as a community then we could support each other.. so it wouldn't be just Scirra's job to help answer every question. however the simpler and more controlled it is, the more most of us who are not developers or value our time would rather support a service that insures things are as frictionless and reliable as possible.

• Zebbi

Instead of using the actual leaderboard name you have to use the Leaderboard ID. I wonder if this is the issue you are having. I had the same issue because the plugin asks for the leaderboard name and even gives an example of the name. So just create a variable with the Leaderboard ID and use that. Let me know if that's the issue you are having

Also as far as the ads quickly loading. I ran into the same issue and I narrowed it down to the event On banner loaded triggered multiple times even when calling it just once. So I used a variable in the event and changed it the very first time the On banner loaded got triggered.

• I wonder how the subscription service works, if your sub expire, does the game no longer work? Or it's just you no longer can build but the existing game works fine?

• when your account expires you just go back to the free version (2 project max and lower priority in cue).. it's really not a big deal.. i'm mostly giving them money because i want to see cocoon io get rewarded for their time helping C2 developers like me have a better solution than XDK

• Zebbi

Instead of using the actual leaderboard name you have to use the Leaderboard ID. I wonder if this is the issue you are having. I had the same issue because the plugin asks for the leaderboard name and even gives an example of the name. So just create a variable with the Leaderboard ID and use that. Let me know if that's the issue you are having

Also as far as the ads quickly loading. I ran into the same issue and I narrowed it down to the event On banner loaded triggered multiple times even when calling it just once. So I used a variable in the event and changed it the very first time the On banner loaded got triggered.

I agree they should not describe it as the leaderboard name, but I've always used the ID since I started working with C2's built-in plugin, then cranberry's and both suggest using the ID. It's working now, it was a major mistake on my behalf of using the wrong package name in the game services!

Believe it or not but just two days ago I tried usign a variable that did like you described and it didn't help, I might try it again with a blank layer on the top set to active and see if that helps. At the moment, the way I have it doesn't refresh but it DOES load it again when it is unhidden, which is weird and flakey looking.

• ok i am going try my next game with cocoon show the tutorial you use to get ads to show i already have a admob account what next

• Have anyone experienced in game audio being broken after dismissing an video ad using cocoonIO ?

• oh hey so that.. Volkan actually came up with a system (this was needed for XDK too) but basically what you want to do is pause your music before the ad starts.. like "when watch ad button is press - pause music" and then the "ad is complete - resume music".

As for overall audio not working after ad, that I can't say I've experienced.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)