Consider Cocoon if XDK is not working (updated)

From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • >

> > No luck can't build ios project with cocoon.

> >

> >

> > May be I fill in wrong information

> >

> >

>

> You don't have any luck building for iOS because you don't have those things that you just specified....

> Dude may be u misunderstand honestly i already input all in form but i want to know it right or wrong.

I'm sorry about that.

Name: Yes, basically what name you want the Key to be.

Password: The password that you created when you created your p12 certificate

Provisioning Profile: This can be made via the Member Center within "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles"

Certificate: Yeah, you're right about that and I think your spot on with the provisioning profile one as well.

Overall, if Apple could just simplify there App Distribution process, that'd be great.

• Thank Usman and everyone I can export succeed, just delete project the rebuild again by C2 R226, seem issued is cocoon server or C2 R225 due to didn't change config anything.

But I have another problem, when i export then test filght after splash screen the screen it become black noting happen, didn't know what wrong to config please see my build step per below.

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/black-screen ... n-ios/2277

• try a different project.. export and upload in it's place.. see if it's the project or the capx. it's easy to assume your game is ok.. i have had black screen problems like this in the past.. i'm trying to remember what it was.. i know it wasn't one of the usual suspects.. but yea try another build.. try an older build also.. did you add any plugins recently?

• Working with cocoon.io is pretty simple and i don't mind keeping their splash screen.

• For those using the Webview+ on CocoonIO, do you find that changing to a new audio track (music) causes the game to stutter/pause briefly?

• i haven't tried. i don't change music in any of my current games. have you tried making a test game that only changes music and see if it causes any problems?

• I also couldn't get the auto signing working from within cocoon.io . The help with their site is inadequate to say the least. Especially when you also have to battle Apple's awful processes, it is just a nightmare. I found it much easier to sign android using jarsigner and xcode (POS) for ios

How do you sign it with Xcode though when CocoonIO outputs an archive file?

I tried to export the archive in Xcode and it asks for the certificate and I can't link it. I've got the p12 and provision files on the MAC ready to go...

This is very different to the previous CocoonJS where it output an Xcode build (not archive).

Edit: Tried it again, by adding the key to CocoonIO and get it to sign, it made an IPA file. Can't use iTunes to sync it to the iPad, using TestFlight now. So far so good, testing now...

• Just use Application Loader.

All you do is upload the file that Cocoon.IO comes out with.

• Well, tested it and it has an error on load.

CordovaLocalWebServer: tag src is not http://localhost[:port] (is index.html)

Seems to be a problem with their WebView+ plugin.

• do you have a problem with the canvas+ or using regular webview? maybe not as the final product but to troubleshoot the issue. i've not had a problem with an uploaded IPA like that.. only thing I've experienced is failing to increment the version number.

• I do not use regular canvas+ or webview, it's simply too slow.

Big Pc game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/414950

Need WKWebView. It runs quite fast on Intel XDK WKWebView, but there's issues with music randomly not playing so I wanted to try CocoonIO..

• Hmm, and there's this issue too, C2 no longer compatible with CocoonIO's WKWebView.

/facepalm

I just signed up for CocoonIO to test (because of >50MB size), total waste of $$.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • my first ios build with cocoon - in Cocoon.io - fonts not loaded, freezes when navigating between pages, overcompressed images...

• never experienced that before.. I'd bet money if you made a simple project and changed layouts you wouldn't have a problem.. it's tough to change tech in mid-project because you never QA'd things with cocoon as it evolved. I don't know what's going on in your game. I'd be surprised this is a problem with a simple game, but if you're doing something more complex.. maybe not. never had a problem with compressed images either.. not even sure where you can change that..

• never experienced that before.. I'd bet money if you made a simple project and changed layouts you wouldn't have a problem.. it's tough to change tech in mid-project because you never QA'd things with cocoon as it evolved. I don't know what's going on in your game. I'd be surprised this is a problem with a simple game, but if you're doing something more complex.. maybe not. never had a problem with compressed images either.. not even sure where you can change that..

I probably do not understand well how to work with a cocoon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)