CocoonJS plugin updates

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Understand, ludei, but it would be really interesting that you investigate this.

I believe that here in the forum, the user who reported this problem over some time was the

Much of the public uses Samsung devices.

• vitorfgd I would add it to the github issue list

• What exactly is the problem with samsung devices?

• This problem exists since version 1.4.7 and is maintained due to some sort of incompatibility with the architecture of cpus used by Samsung. In the comments section of this link there is sufficient description of this problem, which continues to occur:

http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/artic ... nJS-v2-0-1

This was posted by :

"The SIGILL bug isn’t restricted to Samsung Galaxy Tab, it also occurs on Galaxy S2 and some S3 models, its probably related to the CPU they use on different models.

Users of my new game Star Nomad (compiled with either 1.4.7 or 2.0.1!!)

Have reported crashing on startup at the Ludei logo on S2 (always) and some S3 models, along with the Galaxy Tab 2/3."

And it is almost certain that the problem was not resolved.

I believe some older razr devices have this problem too (like the razr i)

• Hmm, I tested my game on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I didn't see this stuff. Maybe that device isn't effected?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I remember about a year ago i tried to publish some games in samsung market and they didn't accept them. Their testers sent me several videos where my games stopped working and gave problems when minimized. I tested in several models and only happened in some samsung devices. I used cocoonJS, I hope this helps.

• vitorfgd Isn't it fixed?

[quote:3plsrtnt]Fixed the crash on Tegra-based Android devices like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.

~http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-2-0-2-is-live/

...or was it a WebView+ issue?

• Txus Ordorika said this on the page of Ludei:

"We've fixed a problem common to some devices that report an architecture that they don't completely follow. That bug has also be fixed to the v8 JS engine.

Unfortunately, we can't promise 100% sure it'll fix for those devices. We're testing the release right now, will keep an eye on that."

What happens is that this problem is still present, so far I have not had any success in test apk using a Galaxy S3 Mini for example. In fact, several Galaxys S3 normal not run the apk installed, right after catching Ludei logo. But other companies devices run normally.

Thanks ByR , is It's the same type of problem that still happen in certain Samsung devices.

• Hmm, I tested my game on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I didn't see this stuff. Maybe that device isn't effected?

Its more common in Samsung S2, S3/Mini phones and tablets using the same hardware. Never had a problem with S4 or S5 phones and newer tablets work ok.

I've swiched over all my games to Crosswalk/XDK and it runs fine on all of the aforementioned devices.

• Hello,

Understand, ludei, but it would be really interesting that you investigate this.

I believe that here in the forum, the user who reported this problem over some time was the

Much of the public uses Samsung devices.

We will, but our priority right now is the release. We made some fixes some time ago, but we can't guarantee that all the problems will be solved. For that we need more test cases, and more time.

vitorfgd I would add it to the github issue list

Well, this issue is not related to the C2 plugin, so we prefer if you use the community, in which we already received some reports and we are having a look at them. In addition, as I previously said, we need test cases to solve this kind of issues, because we need to have a deeper look into them.

Regards.

• Thanks for the replies ludei, just wanted to make clear that the problem still exists.

At the moment I am waiting anxiously to test the new release ^^

• ludei

Another doubt, in this new version, you can remove unwanted permissions?

• There is an updated blog post and a new version 2.1 has been added -> http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-latest-releases/

Ludei mentioned that they were going to update to 3.0.0. So not quite sure what's going and if they have fixed the memory issue that was reported.

• Interesting.

ludei any word on this?

I'll recompile my demo memory capx I sent them when I get home and see if anything has changed.

• Very strange, I hope ludei give some new's soon. When it's possible, inform the results ArcadEd

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)