CocoonJS plugin updates

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • ludei

Canvas+ in Cordova project = WOW

but you could also look into issue mentioned by gonzdevour because Ashley will not do anything about that.

And black screen is ok for 3-4 seconds, but longer time can cause negative reactions So it would be nice if progress bar or % could work again.

• but you could also look into issue mentioned by gonzdevour because Ashley will not do anything about that.

And black screen is ok for 3-4 seconds, but longer time can cause negative reactions So it would be nice if progress bar or % could work again.

If something can be done, it will be done in the new cloud :/. However, not sure if it can be fixed, because we can't control C2 default behaviour.

Regards.

• What really terrible is: there is finally only one reliable cloud compiler for mobile apps,

any slight change can make years of our work become nothing.

• the issue is that progress bar or loading percentage were working in the past;

so C2 apps showed progress bar or loading percentage,

but now it's not showing it anymore... just black screen

so there are 2 options:

a) Ashley changed something in Construct 2

b) ludei changed something in cloud compiler

I don't know who, but it would be nice if it could work again

gonzdevour

remove all not used graphics,

and if possible - downsize graphics images

in my case, after a few changes, I changed 11-12 seconds loading time

into 3-4 seconds loading time

• Ludei is doing a good job, looking forward to the new plugins! However there are still issues like sound not playing in Webview+ , Weird jagged sprites on point sampling when running in Canvas + and the most imporant is the webstorage being reset on restart. I wrote about these problems on Ludei support but so far without luck :/

• ludei

it's March and I'm already waiting since January

sooo... beta version of new cloud compilator is matter of March,

April or rather May?

thanks for info

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We are working as fast as we can. I can't tell anything about the new cloud yet, just that it is a work in progress.

About the plugins, here they are: https://github.com/ludei/atomic-plugins-c2

Right now, there is only one for ads (but Admob is supported). There is a brief explanation about how to use them with cordova exportations.

Regards.

• ludei

last week - Atomic Plugins,

this week - new plugin for C2,

that's good news

• Got it~

• We now only support the webviews, not Canvas+. If you have an issue when using web views, please file a bug to the Bugs forum following all the guidelines.

• gonzdevour

you should use jittering Crosswalk, with super slow audio-decoding feature,

because Crosswalk is much bett... oh wait because around 2016 it will be

much better than Canvas+ on Android

• I'm using the plugin(https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin) in C2 with Canvas+ and it works like magic. Social features, audio, ad, IAP, nice performance and so on, they are all working so well. I can surely tell everyone that CocoonJS is the only service that can make C2 project into well-polished app, not the kid's toy like flappy- something. However, we still cannot use the full features of CJS, like the local/push notification, due to lack of support. Is there any plans for that? I'm really hunger for that.

Ashely

I really love C2 and this have made my dreams come true, but C2 users couldn't have a chance to publish a fully featured application, ever! CocoonJS is the chance, so please don't ignore it. I subscribe your blog and understand that web tech's gonna dominate, but there's still so long ways to go. Crosswalk? You can't use it in the real project. No one wants to download 50MB+ apk for just a simple button clicking game(and you know there's a apk size limit).

• shaircast you can call Ashley

• I'm using the plugin(https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin) in C2 with Canvas+ and it works like magic. Social features, audio, ad, IAP, nice performance and so on, they are all working so well. I can surely tell everyone that CocoonJS is the only service that can make C2 project into well-polished app, not the kid's toy like flappy- something. However, we still cannot use the full features of CJS, like the local/push notification, due to lack of support. Is there any plans for that? I'm really hunger for that.

Ashely

I really love C2 and this have made my dreams come true, but C2 users couldn't have a chance to publish a fully featured application, ever! CocoonJS is the chance, so please don't ignore it. I subscribe your blog and understand that web tech's gonna dominate, but there's still so long ways to go. Crosswalk? You can't use it in the real project. No one wants to download 50MB+ apk for just a simple button clicking game(and you know there's a apk size limit).

signed!

Ashely ??

• Hello,

However, we still cannot use the full features of CJS, like the local/push notification, due to lack of support. Is there any plans for that? I'm really hunger for that.

It is in our plans to keep on creating more atomic plugins, as you can see here: http://atomic-plugins.com/

And we plan to adapt them for C2 too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)