C2 Slow Down Over Time

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • >

> have you tried C2 and your project on another computer?

> have you tried to format your PC and do a perfect clean reinstall of windows and C2?

>

I have it running on another computer right now. This is a numbers game though. If people can report back if having their project open for extended periods of time affects performance or not it helps. One account is not enough data to go on. Nor is two, but a handful is.

As mentioned previously formatting the PC is not an option because it is not a proper solution (it is complete overkill, like telling someone to get a brand new car because they complain their muffler rattles), nor would it provide an explanation to the issue.

If you would like to help, you can keep construct running with a project open for a few days and report back your results. That would be highly appreciated.

im waiting for your results with the other computer then

• im waiting for your results with the other computer then

Just curious, to what purpose if you are not experiencing this yourself?

• >

> im waiting for your results with the other computer then

>

Just curious, to what purpose if you are not experiencing this yourself?

for same you ask, for track my results too. but before do this i wait your results on the other computer.

• >

> >

> > im waiting for your results with the other computer then

> >

>

> Just curious, to what purpose if you are not experiencing this yourself?

>

for same you ask, for track my results too. but before do this i wait your results on the other computer.

Sounds good, I will report back once I have the results.

• The only thing that I Can find so far to reproduce it is to leave Construct 2 running and open for extended periods of time. When I shut it down after I am done for the day, it works fine the next day. But, if I leave it running for a few days straight it runs into this issue.

Same here....

• >

> The only thing that I Can find so far to reproduce it is to leave Construct 2 running and open for extended periods of time. When I shut it down after I am done for the day, it works fine the next day. But, if I leave it running for a few days straight it runs into this issue.

>

>

Same here....

Hi irina, are you saying you have the same issue?? If so, can you post your computer specs to see if we have any similarities?

Thanks

• Sorry, I don't understand - why don't you just close the program at the end of the day?

It's not the kind of software that's intended to run for days. So who knows what's happening when you leave it running for too long. Maybe it's creating too many temporary files or is somehow affected by the scheduled maintenance tasks Windows runs at night.

C2 takes just seconds to load, so why stress about it? Just re-open it in the morning and forget about this issue

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, I don't understand - why don't you just close the program at the end of the day?

It's not the kind of software that's intended to run for days. So who knows what's happening when you leave it running for too long. Maybe it's creating too many temporary files or is somehow affected by the scheduled maintenance tasks Windows runs at night.

C2 takes just seconds to load, so why stress about it? Just re-open it in the morning and forget about this issue

Hi dop2000 ,

I am not 100% sure that is the issue yet. I am still trying to find out, collect data, and get concrete evidence of the issue. Also, this occurs while actively using the software. Unless I am expected to the close it out every hour and reopen it, which would not make sense and should not be needed.

To clarify, the issue persists after restarting C2. So restarting the software does not help at the end of the day. I need to restart my whole desktop to get the performance back. One could say, just restart your desktop. But again, this issue happens throughout the day and restarting the desktop multiple times does not answer why this is happening. It is also a pain to reopen things - the computer also serves up other purposes which don't allow me to restart it.

This desktop had no problem over the last year with a near 24/7 upload. Construct I could leave open for extended periods of time no problem. I have completed many projects without this issue occurring. Something has changed and I am hitting a brick wall trying to find out the root cause. One could say, it is clearly your desktop! But that is hard to justify because how is it clear? What is actually causing the issue when no other software is causing issues or showing issues except for C2 on my computer. It would be great if someone had more knowledge of how to debug this issue. This issue is very frustrating and if it wasn't for the fact I was mid-project I would just switch to another tool to do this project. Even that, is not a good solution because of the number of projects I have with C2 that I would have to convert. I feel a little stuck here and I really need to figure this out.

Hopefully, irina can give us more to go on.

• hi there,

how about your test on other computer? have you been able to reproduce the issue?

• Hi, i set my PC to sleep and not turn off so everything is running for days.

Its not a big deal 4 me and i assumed its a full ram issue...

i Have

i5-4690 3,5GHz

16GB DDR3

256G SSD

980gtx

• Hi, i set my PC to sleep and not turn off so everything is running for days.

Its not a big deal 4 me and i assumed its a full ram issue...

i Have

i5-4690 3,5GHz

16GB DDR3

256G SSD

980gtx

Thanks irina

I don't put my computer to sleep, so lets mark that off as not an issue.

You have 16GB of ram, are you sure it is filling up? When this issue occurs, I have over 20 GB of free ram. Plenty of give.

I use a GTX 960.

The brand of SSD I have is a samsung EVO.

• i just expirienced this and ram was at 50%... had 2 instances of C2 open

also samsung EVO

• i just experienced this and ram was at 50%... had 2 instances of C2 open

also samsung EVO

If ram is at 50% irina you should be fine. I sometimes have 2 instances open of C2 open too...but this also occurs when only 1 is open.

Thoughts Ashley on what else we should compare?

• how about your test on the other computer? you experienced same issue?

• Hi folks,

Quick update: Due to project timelines, I am jumping over to C3 with my project as I suspect it will not have the same issues.

The Construct team believes it is most likely a driver issue. I will test this out once time allows, but it won't be for awhile. For now, I will be finishing my project on C3.

Thanks for all of your support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)