C2 Slow Down Over Time

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • Hi folks,

Quick update: Due to project timelines, I am jumping over to C3 with my project as I suspect it will not have the same issues.

The Construct team believes it is most likely a driver issue. I will test this out once time allows, but it won't be for awhile. For now, I will be finishing my project on C3.

Thanks for all of your support.

I'm sorry, but this is not a constructive attitude, formatting was not a solution, but move to C3 yes? Wow congratulations !

you pretended that the others stayed two days with the computer turned on to do the tests for you, and to the questions suggestions that have been made you have always turned around, or you have not answered exactly.

how was the test on the other computer? it is the third time I ask for it.

I was interested in following you in this impossible hunt, but if I had doubts before, now I have the certainty of having only lost my time here . You are an egoist, and I am surprised by your attitude since you are not a newbie, I would have understood the newcomer, but not you, not a user who has been on the forum for 4 years and has 9,000 reputation points ..

you raised a fuss for nothing, and now you wash your hands with a "thank you and goodbye"?

• NN81, hey, don't be too harsh on the man!

As I understand, gamedev is his job, not just a hobby. So it's perfectly fine that he needs to finish the project, and can't spend any more time chasing the cause of this weird problem.

• I'm sorry, but this is not a constructive attitude, formatting was not a solution, but move to C3 yes? Wow congratulations !

you pretended that the others stayed two days with the computer turned on to do the tests for you, and to the questions suggestions that have been made you have always turned around, or you have not answered exactly.

I was interested in following you in this impossible hunt, but if I had doubts before, now I have the certainty of having only lost my time here . You are an egoist, and I am surprised by your attitude since you are not a newbie, I would have understood the newcomer, but not you, not a user who has been on the forum for 4 years and has 9,000 reputation points ..

you raised a fuss for nothing, and now you wash your hands with a "thank you and goodbye"?

This post is quite unacceptable.

Rather than make an unwarranted rude and nasty post, it would be better to not post at all.

• This post is quite unacceptable.

Rather than make an unwarranted rude and nasty post, it would be better to not post at all.

sorry to disappoint you, but for me what is unacceptable was the way the author of the discussion did.

I will certainly never comment on something of again, now that I know the "type".

• I'm sorry, but this is not a constructive attitude, formatting was not a solution, but move to C3 yes? Wow congratulations !

sorry to disappoint you, but for me what is unacceptable was the way the author of the discussion did.

I will certainly never comment on something of again, now that I know the "type".

Hi NN81, I am a little hesitant to respond but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and to ensure proper thread details (for anyone else viewing who is looking for help). To be perfectly honest with you, your post came off as trolling and hostile, so I apologize if that is not the case. I thought I was quite clear that I was able to reproduce the issue numerous times, and another member reported having the exact same issue. I am not too sure how you were invested in this issue, as you refused to run the test yourself and never said you had the same issue. In fact, no one replied back that they tried the test themselves.

There is also a huge difference between formatting a PC, and moving to C3. One takes a few hours to process, the other can take easily take a week to get right. Heck, reinstalling Visual Studio alone can take longer than moving to C3. Reformatting might be an option for some, but as stated numerous times it is not an option for me.

So I am sorry if my responses were not up to par. I felt they were actually quite good. I have been keeping the thread updated on my progress, and have given reason to why I am no longer looking into the issue actively. I have also stated I am going to return to this issue once time allows and will be updating the thread with what I find.

I am at a loss for words how this is unacceptable, but honestly, it is just not feasible for me to focus on this issue anymore at this current date and time. I left a trail here for people to follow in case they too run into the same issue. This is what a great forum is about, support and solutions. I did not find a good solution to C2, but moving to C3 is a good workaround for now. A bad OP would have just left without any response or details at all. Instead of doing that, I posted back with feedback and updates not to leave anyone hanging and in the dark.

Sorry again if this somehow offended you, I meant nothing negative at all. These post here are truly to try and help those in the C2 community. I had the best intentions in mind.

Best of luck,

HE Dev.

• Please keep it civil folks or the thread will be locked.

I made a few changes to improve startup time in r250. Is it better now?

• 33 seconds approx.

So yeah, better. Half of what it was.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • EDIT

with the new release my startup time now is 15 seconds the very first time i launch C2 when boot the PC and 2 seconds from the second restart of the editor onwards!!!!!!!!

with previous release the times were of a thirty of seconds firts boot and a dozen of seconds the subsequent times.

• 33 seconds approx.

So yeah, better. Half of what it was.

It takes you 33 seconds now, or use to? If it is 33 seconds now, are you using an SSD?

Also, props to Ashley and the team for actioning this.

• It used to take a minute on my old hard drive.

• I'm on a 5-years old laptop with i7-3630QM, 8Gb RAM, mid-range SSD, Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Using C2 build 246.

Startup time for me is always about 5-6 seconds, even after system restart.

Not bragging, just providing information

Many people here with this issue have much better computers, which is really odd...

• Latest stable r250 now loads in < 2 secs for me.

• Latest stable r250 now loads in < 2 secs for me.

me too except for the very first time i run after boot the PC.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YEg_B ... 5LSJTSu2TH

• Construct Steam edition with Steam overlay ON - can cause delay

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)