The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • Do you have python interpreter installed on your mac ? Try to google "execute python scripts mac terminal" or something like that.

If that works, please edit my tutorial to add this procedure !

I actually have the latest version of Python 3 installed and it's built in the Terminal. So I think I have no problem with Python!

• > Ok I just translated it and edited it so that all personal infos and passwords were removed.

> PLEASE let me know if I forgot to delete any kind of connection info.

>

> https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/sign-notarize-nwjs-export-mac-2735

>

Wao! A complete tutorial!

Thank you for your sharing ACCES-Mathieu! That's amazing :)

I'm attempting to sign my .app (step n°4 in your tutorial) but nothing happens when I run the command "python build_mas.py -C build.cfg -I "./YourAppName.app" -O "YourAppName.signed.app".

I replaced all the fields with the correct names of course.

That's the output of the terminal (nothing).

Any idea on where I might have been wrong?

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers

Try to replace the path "/Users/Federico/..../" by simply "./YourAppName.app"

• Try to replace the path "/Users/Federico/..../" by simply "./YourAppName.app"

I Already did it and nothing changed :'(

It's strange I don't get any message from terminal after the command.

• Do you want me to have a look via Teamviewer ?

• Do you want me to have a look via Teamviewer ?

ACCES-Mathieu Wao! Thank you for your kindness! Can I contact you somewhere outside Construct forum? I can't find pm here. My email: supportkgb@tmesistudio.com.

• Would be cool if you guys could update the tutorial's confusing/broken parts, so that others don't run into the same problems in the future.

Also a big thanks for doing this ACCES-Mathieu!

• Dannyyy you're not the one who has to thank anybody here. On the opposite , everyone here should thank you properly for the work you've done.

About the tutorial, there's no broken part for the moment, it's MoonMonky who had a little copypasta problem ^_^!

Hopefully he'll complete it !

• Thanks for amazing thread! There are a lot of great tips in here that are not well documented! Here's one lingering issue that I would like to resolve: I often hear reports that some users with multiple GPUs are using their integrated GPU and don't realize it. As a result, players are not using their beefy GPU when playing my game. I don't see a way to set/get the user's GPU. Is there a way to do this?

• > Has there been any luck with the fullscreen/ close function?

> it seems with each update to C3 it breaks further and further.

> I think i am going mad with these bugs lol

Still investigating: github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7542

TheRealDannyyy

I have a work around for the close issue, if you want to add it to your list.

Use the action - Browser -> Execute Javascript

And run this:

"var gui = require('nw.gui');

var win = gui.Window.get();

win.close();"

• Headbang Games I have not had this issue with NWjs, is it for a particular build? win64 win32? I only use win64.

• Headbang Games I have not had this issue with NWjs, is it for a particular build? win64 win32? I only use win64.

What build of NWjs are you using, I don't remember when exactly it broke, but for v55 it's necessary.

This only regards C2, with C3 there are no issues.

• Headbang Games ah, I saw your quote that talked about C3. all good.

• I'm looking for a way to automate my C3 to Steam build.

is there an automation process where I can unzip, run WinIconUpdater, then rezip the contents of the win64 folder?

I haven't written a .bat file in about 20 years - someone must have done it!

• jobel

wackytoaster.at/parachute/steamworksPrepare.zip

All you have to do is drag&drop your exported zip on this .bat and it will automatically:

1. unzip everything

2. run icon updater (you'll have to press "ok", couldn't find a workaround)

3. copy steam_api.dll and sdkencryptedappticket.dll into the package.nw

4. add steam_appid.txt

5. add --in-process-gpu

6. package everything neatly up for upload to steam

You may not need fart.exe if you add the args when you export it in construct.

Feel free to adapt/bugfix it but pls also share it back! No warranties ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You may not need fart.exe if you add the args when you export it in construct.

I literally thought this was some sort of spam!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)