The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • I'm sure it's fixed in the beta, what confused me is how it broke further from stable 234.2 to stable 234.4

I'm not on the beta track, no thanks. the stable versions have enough issues...

Regressions happen, especially with the amount of updates that C3 gets.

• Hi there,

What about Steam Overlay Feature on Mac exports?

I can't manage to get it work correctly.

• Hi there,

What about Steam Overlay Feature on Mac exports?

I can't manage to get it work correctly.

If none of the mentioned methods work, I can't really help. I have no experience with MacOSX and NWjs support for their latest OS architecture is still experimental at best.

• > Hi there,

>

> What about Steam Overlay Feature on Mac exports?

> I can't manage to get it work correctly.

If none of the mentioned methods work, I can't really help. I have no experience with MacOSX and NWjs support for their latest OS architecture is still experimental at best.

Thank you for clarification!

I will live with this problem while NWjs will fix this with future updates.

• Guys, I thought I'd share with you the best signing and notarizing method for MacOS, since it's now the only way to distribute your apps on Mac.

I found it right here https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7117#issuecomment-581738908.

You have to create a NWsign.sh file that contains this code :

You just have to change the two first const

1. with your app's path

2. with the Developer ID Application of your developer.apple.com account. (you have to have this certificate installed in your mac keychain.)

Then create another file :

Place it in the same folder and name it "neededToRun.entitlements"

Once it's ready, go in the terminal and launch the NWsign.sh command.

And VOILÀ your app is now signed and ready to notarize.

If you need further help (on notarization for example), feel free to ask.

Cheers guys !

Hi Mathieu!

Thank you for sharing this process with everybody! I found it really useful since look like a lot of Nw.Js exported files must be signed. Not just the .app itself.

I'm trying to run the "NWsign.sh" on terminal but every time I try I get "command not found".

Do you know if right now something is changed in the whole process?

Maybe it's just a personal error, btw after tons of trials I can't find where it could be.

Thank you for your collaboration in any case.

Cheers

• Hi MoonMonky,

feel lucky that I read this because you didn't tagged me and I'm not always checking forum posts.

I just made a quick test-sign with my signing method and it worked.

Unfortunately, the signing method kinda evolved since this message with the help of a real developer. And even if some files are still used, NWsign.sh for example is not used anymore. I'll try to find some time to retrace what has changed in the process.

cheers,

M

• Hi MoonMonky,

feel lucky that I read this because you didn't tagged me and I'm not always checking forum posts.

I just made a quick test-sign with my signing method and it worked.

Unfortunately, the signing method kinda evolved since this message with the help of a real developer. And even if some files are still used, NWsign.sh for example is not used anymore. I'll try to find some time to retrace what has changed in the process.

cheers,

M

Hi ACCES-Mathieu!

Wao, I thought that a quote was enough for a notification!

I thought that the process must be evolved as Nw.js continue to update.

If you want to explain how to do it would be amazing!

I can't find anyone on web who explain how to sign a Nw.Js exported file clearly.

I can offer you a coffee via Paypal if you'd like, just pm me ;)

Cheers

• > Hi MoonMonky,

> feel lucky that I read this because you didn't tagged me and I'm not always checking forum posts.

> I just made a quick test-sign with my signing method and it worked.

> Unfortunately, the signing method kinda evolved since this message with the help of a real developer. And even if some files are still used, NWsign.sh for example is not used anymore. I'll try to find some time to retrace what has changed in the process.

> cheers,

> M

Hi ACCES-Mathieu!

Wao, I thought that a quote was enough for a notification!

I thought that the process must be evolved as Nw.js continue to update.

If you want to explain how to do it would be amazing!

I can't find anyone on web who explain how to sign a Nw.Js exported file clearly.

I can offer you a coffee via Paypal if you'd like, just pm me ;)

Cheers

Please do not do this privately. It would tremendously help if the entire process was explained in a place that's open to the public.

• Please do not do this privately. It would tremendously help if the entire process was explained in a place that's open to the public.

I want it to be public! Absolutely!

It was not a private request for a private answer. Just private money lol

• Ok I just translated it and edited it so that all personal infos and passwords were removed.

PLEASE let me know if I forgot to delete any kind of connection info.

https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/sign-notarize-nwjs-export-mac-2735

Warning this tutorial is raw copy-paste of a .doc file so the formatting is real poor.

I can't upload the zip file with all the needed scripts because they have unsupported extensions. How can I do that TheRealDannyyy

Oh and BTW TheRealDannyyy you are allowed to edit this tutorial if you want to.

• I can't upload the zip file with all the needed scripts because they have unsupported extensions. How can I do that TheRealDannyyy

You could try to directly upload those files to a cloud service and see if that works.

Oh and BTW TheRealDannyyy you are allowed to edit this tutorial if you want to.

Thanks for the access but I have no clue about MacOSX at all, so I doubt I could provide any kind of help regarding this.

I'm currently still converting this topic into a tutorial. I will make sure to reference your tutorial when things are ready. (Old forum topics like this one, turn into "read-only" after a while.)

• Ok I uploaded it via wetransfer but the link is not supposed to last more than a week.

• Ok I uploaded it via wetransfer but the link is not supposed to last more than a week.

If this is for public access, you should find an alternative that lasts forever. Maybe GitHub or similar platforms will work out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok I just translated it and edited it so that all personal infos and passwords were removed.

PLEASE let me know if I forgot to delete any kind of connection info.

https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/sign-notarize-nwjs-export-mac-2735

Wao! A complete tutorial!

Thank you for your sharing ACCES-Mathieu! That's amazing :)

I'm attempting to sign my .app (step n°4 in your tutorial) but nothing happens when I run the command "python build_mas.py -C build.cfg -I "./YourAppName.app" -O "YourAppName.signed.app".

I replaced all the fields with the correct names of course.

That's the output of the terminal (nothing).

Any idea on where I might have been wrong?

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers

• Do you have python interpreter installed on your mac ? Try to google "execute python scripts mac terminal" or something like that.

If that works, please edit my tutorial to add this procedure !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)