The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • The Roundup has just been updated!

Nothing major, just some changes to existing stuff.

Changes:

• <Changed> How To: Force GC To Instantly Unload Audio From Memory
    • <Removed> Js flags property info. Now uses chromium arg instead.
  • TheRealDannyyy using the latest version of NWjs. but maybe its fixed now? not sure. I checked "resizeable" window which allowed the fullscreen to happen, which I don't remember either seeing or checking before.

• TheRealDannyyy using the latest version of NWjs. but maybe its fixed now? not sure. I checked "resizeable" window which allowed the fullscreen to happen, which I don't remember either seeing or checking before.

Please upload a minimal project for reproduction. I can't help much without seeing the issue happening.

• TheRealDannyyy no, I'm saying it's fine now, its working. But I don't remember having to check "allow resizable window" before... maybe it is new that you have to have that checked?

• TheRealDannyyy no, I'm saying it's fine now, its working. But I don't remember having to check "allow resizable window" before... maybe it is new you have to have that checked?

Good find! I could narrow this down to NWjs version v0.47.2+ behaving in this way. I've reported it as a bug to the NWjs team. (Subscribe to get updates.)

• okay not sure what happened recently but with same export options Browser.IsFullscreen is not working at all. You can't toggle fullscreen.

Using C3 stable and latest NWjs.

code: drive.google.com/file/d/1RFtSDP9vLtxeS9Zb22hbfhC1LlwReouQ/view

executable: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVzmM-uc0o55qx8uXIa154EC3r_-d_8l/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • okay not sure what happened recently but with same export options Browser.IsFullscreen is not working at all. You can't toggle fullscreen.

Using C3 stable and latest NWjs.

code: drive.google.com/file/d/1RFtSDP9vLtxeS9Zb22hbfhC1LlwReouQ/view

executable: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVzmM-uc0o55qx8uXIa154EC3r_-d_8l/view

This took me a while to figure out. This seems to be caused by Construct 3 and not NWjs. I could also reproduce this in NWjs v0.45.6 and some other older versions. Here is the same project made in C2 and it works for me. Could you please test and verify this on your end as well?

How to reproduce:

1. Unzip the file called "package.nw"
    2. Put "package.nw" inside NWjs folder
    3. Run nwjs and press "return/enter" key

I recommend switching off worker mode and setting the script type to "classic" and export again. If it works with those settings disabled, please report it to Scirra with those specific steps. If it doesn't make a difference, report it using the examples you gave me.

(Would appreciate a link when this has been reported!)

• TheRealDannyyy I'm not sure where or what part of the export process I am supposed to do those steps you mentioned "package.nw" and "run nwjs"?

• okay I retried with Worker:Off (I didn't know that had anything to do with export) and script-style classic

and everything worked fine and as expected.

so what does this mean?

• okay I retried with Worker:Off (I didn't know that had anything to do with export) and script-style classic

and everything worked fine and as expected.

so what does this mean?

That means one of the two settings (or both), cause those browser plugin conditions to fail. Please report it as a bug to Scirra.

• okay will do.. thanks!

• The Roundup has just been updated!

The feature to limit your framerate seems to be deprecated after NWjs v0.33.0+ and might not work as expected (no known workaround). NWjs v0.33.0+ might also require --disable-frame-rate-limit to be added to fully unlock the framerate. Added latest open NWjs issues to the Archive.

Changes:

• <Changed> How To: Test Your Game On Higher Framerates Than 60FPS
    • <Other> Updated "External Bugreports" in NW.js - Archive section
  • I retried my same FULLSCREENtest project with Worker OFF and Script to CLASSIC

and we are back to it not working. before it was only NOT working when script was on MODULE. Now both ways don't work!

WHY does this keep breaking???? what even changed?

my original test was using: stable Construct r234.2, Script Type to Module, NWjs version 0.51 Chromium 88

and when set to Script Classic it was fixed.

now I'm using r234.4, so something must have went bad in those hotfixes. So currently I can't make a build that can toggle fullscreen.

here's the C3 project..

drive.google.com/file/d/1RFtSDP9vLtxeS9Zb22hbfhC1LlwReouQ/view

• I retried my same FULLSCREENtest project with Worker OFF and Script to CLASSIC

and we are back to it not working. before it was only NOT working when script was on MODULE. Now both ways don't work!

WHY does this keep breaking???? what even changed? ...

Could be one of those cases where a different bugfix, broke it again.

I've tried to reproduce this with NWjs v0.51.2 and the latest C3 r237 beta release. Could not reproduce with the latest beta so I assume this has been fixed again. Please try it on your end to confirm.

• I'm sure it's fixed in the beta, what confused me is how it broke further from stable 234.2 to stable 234.4

I'm not on the beta track, no thanks. the stable versions have enough issues...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)