The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

7 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • > Has there been any luck with the fullscreen/ close function?

> it seems with each update to C3 it breaks further and further.

> I think i am going mad with these bugs lol

Still investigating: github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7542

I really appreciate your hard work into this! I am getting a bit nervous as i am going to be releasing a game at the end of the month but i cannot address bugs without a working full screen to boot!

🎭

• > > Has there been any luck with the fullscreen/ close

I really appreciate your hard work into this! I am getting a bit nervous as i am going to be releasing a game at the end of the month but i cannot address bugs without a working full screen to boot!

🎭

If you go a few pages back, you will find a workaround using javascript. Just in case, if it takes longer to fix.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, do you know if this error has been reported?

The window initially appears without drawing, so you move the window and now its contents are drawn.

This happens sometimes, not always.

NWjs version 0.48.0

• Hello, do you know if this error has been reported?

The window initially appears without drawing, so you move the window and now its contents are drawn.

This happens sometimes, not always.

NWjs version 0.48.0

I can't reproduce. A minimal project would be better than a video. I'd recommend to check out, if you have any browser plugin actions running, as some of them are causing Nwjs to freeze/crash right now.

• The Roundup has just been updated!

Added a new workaround for an issue with media keys. Browser actions such as requesting fullscreen are still bugged in NWjs v0.46.3+. (Open issues: #1, #2. Optional workaround in this post.)

Changes:

• <Added> How To: Workaround Media Keys Affecting Music Playback
  • I come back after the problem I had with black borders, V0.48 didn't fix it on my end, I'll work with enable resizing for the time being, and another bug has appeared, now if I minimize the windows it reduces its size by a few pixels when maximazing

Before and after :

• I come back after the problem I had with black borders, V0.48 didn't fix it on my end, I'll work with enable resizing for the time being, and another bug has appeared, now if I minimize the windows it reduces its size by a few pixels when maximazing

Before and after :

Again. The easiest way to report it to the NWjs team is by having something to reproduce. Screenshots and videos alone aren't that useful. Please provide something for testing.

• There, capx plus export folder :

drive.google.com/file/d/1UaqTDAd5Lz9p_mu5At69LUixS6-faje7/view

EDIT : Seems to trigger only if resize is disabled on export;

• There, capx plus export folder :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UaqTDAd5Lz9p_mu5At69LUixS6-faje7/view?usp=sharing

I can't reproduce both issues on my end. Are you sure that your Windows system isn't scaled up?

• I'm currently on W7, size is wrong after minimizing/maximizing if resize is disabled (export or runtime);

Also tested on W10 (on 2 computers with different sizes) with scale at 100%, same problem, windows is smaller by a few pixels on launch, and so letterbox scale integer scales down, and it happen with both resize enable/disabled

• A friend just tested on their computer, W10, it worked correctly, so I assume the problem comes from the other computers, best way to avoid the problem is to let windows resizable for the moment I guess, thanks for your time TheRealDannyyy ~

• A friend just tested on their computer, W10, it worked correctly, so I assume the problem comes from the other computers, best way to avoid the problem is to let windows resizable for the moment I guess, thanks for your time TheRealDannyyy ~

There is clearly an issue that needs to be investigated and fixed. Could you try changing the title bar to native using the How To: Workaround Steam Overlay Rendering Above Window Title Bar workaround. Just to make sure it's not a regression of an older issue.

(This will only work on Windows 10!)

• Gotcha, I'll give it a shot as soon as I can

• I'm trying to do fullscreen using Browser in C3 - it used to work, but stopped. It moves the window to the top left of the screen when I execute fullscreen, but it is not stretched. Similarly when I 'cancel fullscreen it moves the window back to the center.

I came here and found the javascript, I put it in and it does the same exact thing. Not sure what I am missing?

• I'm trying to do fullscreen using Browser in C3 - it used to work, but stopped. It moves the window to the top left of the screen when I execute fullscreen, but it is not stretched. Similarly when I 'cancel fullscreen it moves the window back to the center.

I came here and found the javascript, I put it in and it does the same exact thing. Not sure what I am missing?

I need more info. The NWjs version would be nice. This fullscreen issue has been fixed a while ago. Example projects are always appreciated as well!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)