FB Instant Games - Adverts

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • The Plugin is brilliant! ... I've got the adverts in as well, but one issue:

If you load both an Interstitial Advert and a Reward Video Advert within your game, how do you choose which one to display when you call the "Show Ad" event?

I assumed it would show the previously loaded advert, but for me it seems to always want to play the Reward Video Advert. Maybe there should be another option in the "Show Ad" event to decide this. From what I see both types of adverts are called differently here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/guides/ads-monetization

• in the facebook dashboard, where you set up the adds, it seems to only allow one or the other.. you can only have either Interstitial or Reward in your game... I think this is was the case.

Otherwise I thought the same - it would show the last ad loaded.

• by the way - had any luck with loading screens? - I've tried "Use Loader Layout" but as I suspected, it happens at the end of facebook loading the game.

I was in the API docs something about setting up your pre-load stuff.. should be done in the index.html.

I've got a feeling Construct might not deal with it .. yet. Might be able to edit the index.html to get it working

• Thanks for that, but I think you can use both, it would be a bit silly to only allow one and not the other.

I've seen both working in my app, but it seems like it will show the advert type that was last 'completely loaded'.

For example:

Load Interstitial Ad Event

Load Reward Video Ad Event

(Interstitial Ad Loading complete)

Show Ad [this shows the Interstitial Ad, as the Reward Video Ad is not fully loaded]

(Reward Video Ad Loading complete)

and, yes I use "Use Loader Layout", but I also set "Loader Style" to "Nothing". It's fine for me.

• Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

Added Instant games object to C3 r92

C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

On event happening > show ad

I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

Am I missing something simple?

would appreciate some guidance

Cheers, in advance

• You say its working on facebook .. but do you mean messenger?

Im testing just from messenger, and it works everytime.

Everything else seems about right.

Also when an advert does appear it should register this, and youll see the stats of how many times it appeared in the monetisation manager. Is the value still 0?

• You say its working on facebook .. but do you mean messenger?

Im testing just from messenger, and it works everytime.

Everything else seems about right.

Also when an advert does appear it should register this, and youll see the stats of how many times it appeared in the monetisation manager. Is the value still 0?

I am just using facebook app, but i will download messenger and try it now.

Unfortunately all stats in monetisation manager says 0, fill rate, impressions etc

• Yep, that was it.

They show up in messenger !

cheers.

• How bizarre

They have stopped working now in messenger, and no impressions have shown up in monetisation manager.

Cant quite work out how it can be that hit and miss.

Haven't changed any settings also.

Update.

Seems to be all working fine now.

• Cool

As for the adverts loading, I've test again, and yes, it's definitely showing the last fully loaded advert:

Load Reward Video Ad Event

Show Ad [this shows the Interstitial Ad, as the Reward Video Ad is not fully loaded]

Show Ad [this shows the Reward Video Ad, as the second Interstitial Ad is not fully loaded]

SOLUTION: We need 2 types of "Show Ad" events. One for Interstitial, one for Reward Video Ad.

• Cool

As for the adverts loading, I've test again, and yes, it's definitely showing the last fully loaded advert:

> Load Interstitial Ad Event

> Load Reward Video Ad Event

> Show Ad [this shows the Interstitial Ad, as the Reward Video Ad is not fully loaded]

> Load Interstitial Ad Event

> Show Ad [this shows the Reward Video Ad, as the second Interstitial Ad is not fully loaded]

SOLUTION: We need 2 types of "Show Ad" events. One for Interstitial, one for Reward Video Ad.

or a "tag", is needed

• Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

Added Instant games object to C3 r92

C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

On event happening > show ad

I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

Am I missing something simple?

would appreciate some guidance

Cheers, in advance

How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

>

> Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

> Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

> Added Instant games object to C3 r92

>

> C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

>

> On event happening > show ad

>

> I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

> Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

>

> But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

>

> Am I missing something simple?

>

> would appreciate some guidance

>

> Cheers, in advance

>

How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

I think I found it. In monetization Manager, you click on MANAGE next to property, then add a Platform. I assume you have to add both platforms for iOS and Android for ads to show on both, correct?

• >

> > Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

> >

> > Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

> > Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

> > Added Instant games object to C3 r92

> >

> > C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

> >

> > On event happening > show ad

> >

> > I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

> > Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

> >

> > But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

> >

> > Am I missing something simple?

> >

> > would appreciate some guidance

> >

> > Cheers, in advance

> >

>

> How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

>

I think I found it. In monetization Manager, you click on MANAGE next to property, then add a Platform. I assume you have to add both platforms for iOS and Android for ads to show on both, correct?

Yes , It's a bit confusing, but first you go into monetisation manager, then you create an adspace first, then you create a placement in that adspace, then you use the placement id in c3, what i found, is that it takes a while for the system to catch up, and I found that once you have tried it in messenger then it seems to kick in.

best of luck.

cheers

• jagoman and sizcoz

Are you guys using the official sdk implementation inside the index.html? or using the instant games plugin?

and how one can load a in development app while isnt public trough messenger or facebook mobile app? and arent them the same thing ? O.O im a bit confused been chasing my tail for the past 2 days around this advert thing i get error loading ad ...

my progress so far is

adding instant games to app

link the propriety ad space to the app trough the business manager for audience network

get ad space for platform instant games (its a bit tricky if you dont link the above the right way you dont get the platform to show and there is no tutorial about that you just click stuff till u get it done lol... or atleast that was my discovery process)

get code for the ad to be called

use the instant game plugin and publish a thingy on facebook however is not live and im using the browser on my mobile... and i guess thats why i get the error on load ad.

i also added a 60 second delay before requesting a new ad to be loaded. am i doing something wrong? or am i missing something?

shouldnt the facebook ads instant games platform be also available for desktops? since is not android/ios only platform?

Edit: i actually managed to show the ads inside the messenger however is not showing on facebook app and desktop, but as long as it loads on messenger is fine.

However how one can be aproved for audience network after inputing the payment account? it seems is because is weekend is disabled or maybe this week their working on it? i cant seem to enable the 4th step which is send to review.

or is it because is not a live app yet and its still in development?

• Ads will only work for mobile. Regardless mobile platform. And is not working in desktop, regardless OS.

This is how the Instant games API is working and same for all games, not construct related.

I think over 95% of the instant games plays is by mobile users, so don’t try out your game as a desktop game. Try it in messenger on your mobile.

If you want a desktop game, then facebook web app is better api than instant game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)