The Next Penelope (2D F-Zero / Ulysses 31)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
“Zero Numbers” is a logic game. Game with Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • It's been a long time since I've tested it on my Galaxy S4, to be honest.

A few months ago, it was running OK-ish, like 40fps with some hiccups.

Oh, and if you want to read about the mode 7 shader adventures, it's here! : )

• Well, considering the game hasn't been built with mobile in mind, I'd say it's impressive. What about shaders? Do they translate well?

• I've been adding tons of new shaders + content + new optimizations as well, since I launched the game on mobile for the last time.

Honestly, I have no idea if it runs like a game or a slideshow today ^^!

I'll try again in the next weeks as soon as I get a bit more of free time

• Ahah would love to see it on mobile, as a test at least.

Since you answered my tweet about GC already (with PC/Mac being smooth and WiiU a bit...different). Any trick you can share you have used on such big game?

• That would be very pretentious to give people some advices on how to make a game with C2.

This is the very first time I'm using it, I'm afraid to share a lot of wrong advices.

A few things:

Playing with the scale quality was very effective.

Making separate eventsheets for every aspect of the gameplay (IA, HUD, Bosses, Visual Effects, Music, etc...) + one eventsheet by level makes the code easy to modify.

And "trigger once" is a life saver.

...And I guess that's it, I'm sorry.

I've played enough with C2 now to be aware I've done MANY things the wrong way, and should I start over, I'd pay way more attention to the very good guides published by Ashley on the website about optimisation etc... : )

• your game looks gorgeous.

did you tried it on tablets?

• Thanks a lot : )

About tablets, not recently no.

I'll think about mobile and tablets in a few months, for now I have to focus on the main version.

• Any test or beta chances?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just saw this, it looks amazing, keep up!

• It got weird, fast.

• At least Aurèl got the donation counter going up quite quickly. Good job on being an overall nice guy, the chat loved you

• Wow, that mode7 -twist is brilliant.

TNP is a good example what C2 can do in the hands of a talented pro, super nice work!

• danuyos thanks a lot! : )

piszozo Playtests are frozen for now, but I'll run some more at the end in a month, so, yes, send me your e-mail if you want to get a buggy game for christmas! : )

alvarop Kyatric Haha, so you actually were watching this desert bus thing ^^!

To be honest, I'm quite proud of this, we got more than 27.000 euros for charity at the end of the day, which is pretty cool!

Also, the game I made in 30 hours during the jam is sold in a Desert Bus for Hope bundle (also for charity).

You can have a look at it here if you're in the mood:

• Well done Aurel

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)