Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Quick question, I was just experimenting. I imported the Grey Guy demo that you provided us into Construct 2, but when I play it back in Chrome, he looks jittery. The animation is just not as smooth as it looked when I opened the guy in Spriter itself. The game says it's playing at 60fps. Is this normal, or is there something affecting the animation to make it not play as smooth as it appeared in Spriter?

Please send me the capx at lucidozl@brashmonkey.com and I can take a look. There are some playback issues fixed in the next version of the plugin so that may be it, or it may be a bug in the plugin or an issue with the events.

How will you be able to update a Spriter object once it's on a C2 project?

I mean, if I do changes to the animations, add more PNGs to it and so... will I need to re-import it and replace all the events? Or will there be a better way to do it?A few versions ago Ashley made it so reimporting gets rid of the objects no longer in use, but keeps the events from any objects that were in both versions, and of course creates new objects when necessary

Hello friends,

How can i use Spriter object that has 2 animation?

i want to use two or more animation with my character.

Thanks in advance.As BluePhaze said, just drag the scml file into the canvas. In your event sheet, use the Set Animation action.

lucid

Trying to download the b5 update. Is your site OK? I also tried to sign up to your forums, and I'm yet to receive an email.

Should be fine, we had amazing spam issues, and so we manually activate each user after they post a nonspam post. I just activated your account though, so you should be good

• lucid

Strange, brashmonkey.com/download.htm takes me to a dead end...

"The requested URL /brashmonkey/download.htm was not found on this server."

The download on your main site works, but I believe that's an older version.

• Please send me the capx at lucidxrq@brashmonkey.com and I can take a look. There are some playback issues fixed in the next version of the plugin so that may be it, or it may be a bug in the plugin or an issue with the events.

I started a new blank project as a test. I think the issue was that I resized the guy to make him smaller. That made the animation seem jerky. The animation was smoother when I left him full size.

Is it normal for animations to be jerky when they are smaller, or is the issue mainly with resizing Spriter animations in Construct 2?

• Just got an email from Brash Monkey, ( I have the Pro edition, I mean $25 bucks what a deal) anyway, they just sent me an email to download the Art Pack essentials.

Happy !

• Hi everyone,

I finally made a thorough tutorial video explaining how to control Spriter files (Spriter object)once they are imported into C2.

you can watch it here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/699/importing-and-controlling-spriter-animation-files

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• So I'm back with wanting to move the whole animation from here:

i.imgur.com/HY5XiWk.png

to here:

i.imgur.com/TooV1cn.png

without it doing this:

i.imgur.com/EGZ35dP.png

how can I do? Thanks for reading

• lucid

I love this plugin, very cool and super easy to use. However, it doesn't work with cocoonjs exports... will this be implemented at some stage? If so I would def spend $25 on buying the pro version. I feel that it would allow users to really compete with the big boys.

• So I'm back with wanting to move the whole animation from here:

http://i.imgur.com/HY5XiWk.png

to here:

http://i.imgur.com/TooV1cn.png

without it doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/EGZ35dP.png

how can I do? Thanks for reading

The last two images are the same as far as I can tell.

lucid

I love this plugin, very cool and super easy to use. However, it doesn't work with cocoonjs exports... will this be implemented at some stage? If so I would def spend $25 on buying the pro version. I feel that it would allow users to really compete with the big boys.

Yes, my working copy already works with cocoonjs. There's a few small things I need to do, but I'll be releasing a cocoonjs compatible version soon.

• Hi Egdar (and yaomon17),

No, the character is offset differently from 0,0.

Don't worry yaomon17, we'll be adding a feature to allow for users to quickly and easily change an animations position relative to 0,0 in one of the upcoming updates on the way to version 1.0.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• lucid

i would like to ask you a few things about your spriter plugin. i am having trouble setting the initial spriter animation.i found a workaround with the wait 0 command (at the bottom of the spriter import file on initiation .wait 0 set "idle" animation)and it works but after that i simply cant consistently call on animations during various situations.

for example on moved

if platform is moving

and            -----play "run"

variable "x" >300

if platform is moving

and              -----play "attack"

variable "x" <300

it gets stuck in whatever i have set with the wait 0 trick

i have another spriter file with another character if i set the same parameters it works.

am i doing something wrong or there is a chance my file is "corrupted"?

• it is probably not a corrupt file. There were definitely issues with setting an initial animation, and some other problems with switching. The next version of the plugin resolves a few of those, and may fix your problem.

• lucid

thank you for this!

i was going crazy when the animation was only playing the first frame although it was looped in spiter and all sorts of other weird stuff.

this means that soon we will be able to be more productive.

any eta for the plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

Does Ashley have the new B6 specs? I would love to see the next C2 stable release and the B6 plugin all ready in the near future :)

especially some of the peculiar stuff for first frame initialization.

• I sent him the specs today. Should have at least an update with the bug fixes, and json support soon, even if it doesn't have any of the new features yet.

• It really helped me get to the next step in my game making.

I Love Spriter...

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)