Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hey lucid, any update on when we might be able to resize projects within Spriter before importing to C2? Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

this is with yesterdays plugin.i haven't yet tried with today's .

dropbox.com/s/n7wdlrhrccaux4e/CAM00058.jpg

i have 2 spriter scon animations on my project.one is playing fine,the other one does not appear at all.this is the error log from cocoonjs.

• lucid

same with the new version, but you fixed the scaling issue and the default animation . you are right. you just type it without the " ". :)

i still have the same not triggering issues though. i set attack it walks and plays the attack animation,i set die it plays the dying animation although it is going left and right! the second i alter its condition(e.g on collision with it) it immediately plays the correct animation that i had set on the event sheet(e.g on move

--->play "run")

if you need my capx and it will help you to iron out all the problems, i would be more than happy to send it to you

• please do send it to luciddmt@brashmonkey.com

• Just a heads up, Lucid, I'm getting a Javascript error just from starting up a file:

"Javascript Error!

Uncaught Syntax Error: Unexpected token <

localhost/, line 1 (col undefined)"

I'm sending you the cap now via email. It's just the original platformer essentials animations except with the head shrunken down to something far less ridiculous.

• Just a heads up, Lucid, I'm getting a Javascript error just from starting up a file:

I'm sending you the cap now via email. It's just the original platformer essentials animations except with the head shrunken down to something far less ridiculous.

Candescence I think this can be fixed the same way Lucid addresses before:

Please watch the video above to make sure you have all of the instructions, but I believe the problem is that in the object's properties the default is .scml, rather than .scon. The new plugin requires the .scon file to be specified there. This is just a temporary thing. I forgot to mention this to Ashley, but I'll let him know, as this is a C2 side thing.

• Huh, that did work. Well, that's egg on my face, then. Disregard the email, then.

• Sorry if this has been asked before but, couldnt find the answer. I've added an animation to my project, how do I load the new animation in Construct? I can only see the animations I had when the project was imported into Construct.

Thanks!!

Edit: Solved, had to import again, everything will be reloaded.

• donelwero:

Don't forget to save a new Scon file whenever you make new updates.

In my case, for now at least, what I do is:

1- I create a copy of the capx I'm working with,

2- delete everything related to the Scml I inserted into C2

3- insert the latest version of the Scml that contains updates

4- copy paste all events related to the Scml file, from the copy of the capx I created in step 1.

The reason I do this is that, whenever I insert an updated Scml into C2, I get a message telling me that something was still missing (sorry not on my PC right now, can't remember exactly.) But my method works for now, for my needs at least.

• lucid

any news?

any progress ?

you are awfully quiet these days and i am starting to worry! :)

• KFII I think you ae doing it the hard way. It does say that something is missing because when it updates after just reimporting, the plugin looks for the file specified in the properties, the problem is that we changed the name from scml to scon, so it just fails to find and load the scml file.

So all you need to do is change the name of your file to yourfile.SCML again and it will reimport everything just fine.

As for saving... I haven't tried just saving the scml file in Spriter but, when I make any changes to my animations I save to scml and scon formats.

• Roccinio How has he been quite? He has posted 2 updates to the plugin just this week...

That is far from quiet... he has also posted on this thread multiple times in the past week as well.

• Anyone else have an issue where their spriter objects are completely missing after export? Works fine in preview but export to HTML5 website / nodewebkit and they vanish.

• aha! Just read this thread: scirra.com/forum/node-webkit-exe-doesnt-work_topic80890.html

The "minify script" option at export causes it. FYI...

• Just waiting for the collision boxes to be available in the plugin, thanks for all your hard work lucid

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)