WickedSkyler's Forum Posts

  • 2 posts
  • Basically, what the tile says. I have a top down game, where I want to have a fog of war where the player only sees where his character is. My plan was to do this with a shadowlight and shadowcaster objects n behaviour on my tilemap, however the tile map isnt rendering the shadows properly.

    The game is a top-down game, where the tilemap are the walls. With the idea that you cant see the next room till your in said room, or atleast peaking in. The shadows are showing, but its generating them per tile almost so theres a break in the tiles.Its not just my project, any time a tile map and Shadow caster are together they tend to mesh instead of work.

    if anyone has a fix, or other ideas please let me know!

    I have and probably will use the simple vision cast addon for now, although its not perfect or collide with the tilemap

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am currently using the timeline feature to make a rockband bullet hell esc game.

    Its going well but the constant need to make an instance for each "note" is getting pretty annoying to keep up with. I am/will be making a few hundred lines for each level, and although I am just copy/pasting instances it is getting a bit hard to keep track of. I like the timeline to have the notes match the beat that is playing, hence why I am using it, however...

    I have thought of another solution to just use the event sheet to create a "note" on said keyframe in the animation and then add a force to that "note" moving it towards the player. Still however, it would be nice to just add notes from the timeline, and do as need be with them

    But for some notes and such it just wont work, just curious if anyone has had this issue or any solution?

  • 2 posts