fedca's Forum Posts

  • Folder structure and c3proj sometimes desync with collaborative work when merging different branches, which leads to annoying merge conflicts that need to be resolved manually.

    But with flat folder structure removed, it may not be nescessary to store the folder structure in c3proj anymore. This could streamline version control greatly.

    I put this here for discussion, but I can also write a suggestion later.

  • The problem is that the layers content needs to be different, it cannot be shared:

    i.e. on level 1 there are mountains on the background layer and on level 2 there are clouds.

    But you still want a shared layer setup that is consisten across levels, like [postProcessing, foreground1, foreground 2, world, player, enemies, background1, background 2]. Now after creating 100 levels and noticing you need to make some change to that layer set-up you need to repeat it 100 times.

  • I have done this a bunch on accident too! Idk how to make it clearer, maybe using {my} (behavior name and icon) but this isn't used in conditions only in actions typically.

  • To my knowledge 3DModel is mainly developed by DiegoM, just trying to make sure credit goes to the right person! :)

  • To my knowledge we cannot force disable Steam Input as the developer. It will still be enabled for the Steamdeck and maybe Remote Play Together. Also the user can still enable Steam Input on their end afaik.

    Also you should definitely make a developer account and pay the fee for one game so you can test these features. Steam integration is key and the engine developers should certainly test it.

  • I have reported it and Ashley has already fixed it for the next beta release.

  • That's an interesting find and sounds really painful.

    Some ideas how Scirra could fix it:

    - using uint16 arrays for the tiles, halving memory usage

    - only store a specific amount of tiles larger than the visible size (for example 128 tiles wider and 128 tiles higher than the visible size, making sure this can't get out of hand)

    - only keep the last few layouts in memory, instead of all tabs. This may also fix some other editor memory and stability issues

  • Imo 3d collision and 3d models can be solved via events/js and addons, so there is less of a need for it. (still I am interested in the threeJS subset based integration you seem to be working on)

    The issues that are more difficult to solve without engine changes are:

    - 3d editor navigation to do 3d level design

    - some form of transparency rendering pass

    - more control over the shaders (maybe c3addon support for vertex shaders)

  • Thanks for the repro, I uploaded a version with a fix on the addon exchange. Let me know if there are still issues!

  • artheads I'll take a look later today. If you have a minimal project that easily reproduces the issue that would be very helpful! (My first guess is I am not taking images rotated on the spritesheet into account)

  • Webgl only effect are hidden if webgpu is enabled in the editor or the project.

    And the latest stable enables webgpu by default.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if you are using sub-folders (and folders setting) you need to use the folder in the path i.e. "mySubFolder/myVideo.webm"

  • also see:

    github.com/Scirra/Construct-feature-requests/issues/391

    Here I benchmarked a different implementation for tags giving me a 4-3x performance increase for realistic amounts of tags used.

    A set only starts out performing an array once it has many entries, which is not a realistic usecase for tags.

    (As I don't have c3 source code I couldn't test in place though, so take it with a grain of salt)

  • yea to me it's easy to misunderstand: "exclusively collide with tags A, B and C" (which implies the exact opposite)

  • nvm, you can get it on the objectType too directly. I think it's just not infering the type correctly without a type hint.

    Though even then using typescript I can't seem to type it as ISpriteObjectType , which should exists according to the doc that WackyToaster linked. So there might indeed be a bug here.