Rep is very random...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • We've always known you were Hyperactive Random.

Tom I think I see a glitch...

I noticed a jump in my ranking and went looking for the reason, and saw I got "Active" today.

But when looking I noticed my name is up 9 times in a row on the "good comment" badge recent list. (RandomExile is the only other person in the list with 6 in a row.)

http://www.scirra.com/badges/27/good-comment

I had though when this happened people were cheating somehow. But I haven't even made but maybe 3 comments in the past month.

I suspected people might be getting points by upvoting old comments, but then there should be more people in the list.

Also, I think i had 6 or 7 of those badges, now it says I have 9, maybe I got one, and it posted all 9 to the recent list? (sounds very logical, since I'm in the list 9 times, just thought of that.)

• Paradox Hah! I can't help being driven! =)

As for the several-badges-in-a-row thing, I noticed that happened after the rep system was over-hauled, and the system recalculated a lot of what people earned--so, for example, the Active-->Hyperactive badge was new, but a lot of people were granted it retroactively, and so they received 11 badges in a row or something.

I should have about 13 legit Good Comment badges, it's just when the rep was redone, a bunch got handled as a batch.

I am, however, sort of missing two badges, and I know one of them is Dedicated Updater, which I should have earned today, but didn't. I got the 25 rep for downloading the update (7,132+25=7,137), but not the 100 for 10 in a row. And when I go to the me/badges page, I'm listed as having 47 badges but when you manually count the "Your Count" column, only 45 are credited.

• I'm also missing badges - I've been here for a over year - no badge for that. I've done way more than 9-10 updates in a row. More like 20ish. Although it states I have 2 badges for 3 updates in a row, then I have one for 10 - you'd need 3 badges for 3 updates in a row to be able to hit 10...etc etc.

I'm missing some rep to say the least.

• Same here, I've had my account for 14 months, but still no notch badge :(

• I gave up on the posting badges, I got up to 15 days, and noticed it reset, apparently bug reports don't count.

• Tom I think I noticed something that you may already know, but if not could be helpful.

Last night I suddenly had 6 badges for downloading 25 updates, instead of 2. I know the badges page triggers the recalculate script, and it fixed it back to 2. But I appear on the awarded page twice now.

So I gather everytime someone runs the recalculate script, it's updating the award pages as if you were just awarded all those badges.

• Yea, my rep just reduces for unknown reasons! Please check it out for me

• This is really irritating that you can`t even send PM without 500 rep..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is really irritating that you can`t even send PM without 500 rep..

This is by design

Lots of new users, hit the forums and decide it will be fun to PM people to make capx files for them. It just puts a learning barrier between harassment and self sufficiency. In order to get 500 rep you need to perform a few basic tasks, read the manual, interact a little on the forum etc etc. Thereby "hopefully" getting some knowledge. Unfortunetly, most new users never actually want to learn the software, and usually disappear long before they can harass others

• I understand, but there are other ways to fight with spammers and annoying messages. PM is a basic thing for communication on forums. I spent a couple of hours gaining that rep points but still havn`t got enough. A man wanted to cooperate with me, but I couldn`t send him a reply, that`s upsetting.

• I understand, but there are other ways to fight with spammers and annoying messages. PM is a basic thing for communication on forums. I spent a couple of hours gaining that rep points but still havn`t got enough. A man wanted to cooperate with me, but I couldn`t send him a reply, that`s upsetting.

If you're getting into working with others, then wouldn't you be using more than the free version's features? If I understand it correctly, buying the personal version removes the <500 rep restriction.

• > I understand, but there are other ways to fight with spammers and annoying messages. PM is a basic thing for communication on forums. I spent a couple of hours gaining that rep points but still havn`t got enough. A man wanted to cooperate with me, but I couldn`t send him a reply, that`s upsetting.

>

If you're getting into working with others, then wouldn't you be using more than the free version's features? If I understand it correctly, buying the personal version removes the <500 rep restriction.

Not sure it does, and if bought with steam, the forum does not have any info.

But I think asking in a mail to scirra support about removing it can be done.

Check this link: https://www.scirra.com/me/rep

Subscribing to blog etc. gives a lot of rep.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)