Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

0 favourites
  • Just to say site is unusably slow at the mo.

• I honestly don't understand why first time forum members don't have to have their first few posts or topics vetted by a moderator before they are published. In all the other forums I spend time in there is nothing like the amount of spam that we experience here... Forcing new joiners to have to be checked would kill off almost all of the spam. Just a thought...

• The site gets slower and slower every day. Lately it takes at least 2 minutes to load a forum page

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Beside site being slow...awfully slow, the search function could be powered by Google. Sometimes misspelling words give you ZERO results.

• Please fix your broken website - this is getting ridiculous.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains more than one element

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element]

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +1191

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +118

System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +342

System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +58

System.Linq.Queryable.SingleOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source) +251

Constructor.VersionRelease..ctor(Int32 VersionID, String ReleaseName) +506

DoDownloadNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +169

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

• The forum doesn't allow attachments with the c2addon extension.

+1

• I have to enter my log in details quite frequently now - once every 2 to 4 times that I check the forum (so more than once per day). I don't have to do this in any other forum that I visit...

• Counter of visits looks broken.

http://scr.hu/1yl7/7uqyt[/code:aihsd0p0]

Don't tell me it's fake, because nearly everyday I'm on forum. 

Tom, some explainations?

• I'm trying to post a new topic in the Completed Creations forum but when I submit one it takes me to a page saying that the topic doesn't exist

The topic it's not published but strangely enough it is listed as Last Post in the Board Index Page...when you click on it, it gives the same message above...

EDIT: Solved! Maybe a permissions issue due to a bug in rep points...

• Maybe it's just me, but on both of my (reasonably powerful) Android devices replying - text input - is VERY slow - it takes up to a second for each letter to appear at times, while it's quite speedy on a desktop (and other websites). But I did a test and CPU usage jumps up about 10% when typing here (on desktop) - are some actions happening on type here? Could those be disabled or changed to make for a smoother mobile experience?

• Somewhat ironically, I have a post-unread orange icon showing for the last page in this thread, but I cannot view the post to reset the icon.

• Is it just me or is anyone else unable to upload images / files to the forum?

• Uploaded PNGs (from before the upload-issue) are not showing anymore in my threads at all... (FF, Chrome, IE, Safari)

Basicly none of the pictures show up, I ever uploaded to the Forum, since I mostly use png.

• My post above was made before the general announcement was made (& I think it was my bug report email that instigated the current chaos ).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)