Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

0 favourites
  • - I have experienced those problems for over a year now. They happen if I change browser (eg phone to computer) or if I go AFK for a short while.... I consider it a feature - even Facebook is less fastidious.

I do notice it more if I go away. But I can sometimes login, browse the forum, find a post to comment on, and when I go comment I get logged out. That whole time I am active, and the forum shows I am logged in.

• , yes, I get that too. If I go away and then hit View Your Posts I often get a log in screen that is different to the one I get to if I hit the Log In link on the right of the screen. If I take the suggested log in option then I invariably will have to log in again within a couple of minutes.... I always go for the log in option on the right and ignore the default. I have even added a link to it in my browser....

• , yes, I get that too. If I go away and then hit View Your Posts I often get a log in screen that is different to the one I get to if I hit the Log In link on the right of the screen. If I take the suggested log in option then I invariably will have to log in again within a couple of minutes.... I always go for the log in option on the right and ignore the default. I have even added a link to it in my browser....

thanks for the tip! I will try that

• Nice to see you working hard Tom. Time for Bombay Mix and cup of chaa

• I had a post of mine dissapear or it got deleted, I figured they were deleted by the admin, but I never recevied any notification or why. This happends a few weeks back, I tried to post a html link for a live test game on live drive every time I posted it the post would dissapear, I tried 5 or 6 times and gave up figuring it must have been the admin and some rule I broke. I have looked at others posts who posted direct link to there test games on hosts sites and I see there's never got removed. So if it was bug and not admin, your have notification about it if it was deleted why?.

• I had a post of mine dissapear or it got deleted, I figured they were deleted by the admin, but I never recevied any notification or why. This happends a few weeks back, I tried to post a html link for a live test game on live drive every time I posted it the post would dissapear, I tried 5 or 6 times and gave up figuring it must have been the admin and some rule I broke. I have looked at others posts who posted direct link to there test games on hosts sites and I see there's never got removed. So if it was bug and not admin, your have notification about it if it was deleted why?.

There is an automated anti-spam robot that does delete posts based on certain criteria. It may be possible that you somehow fell foul of one of it's rules.

Only Tom can check and remedy this for you by possibly adding you to a 'whitelist'.

Hopefully he will see this in the next few days (although it is now the weekend, so is unlikely to see it before Monday now).

• Good work TOM now go and have cup of Chaa and mix

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:12169c5t]The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: nw js.

You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

Is it possible to "whitelist" some 2-char search terms in your forum?

Since "node webkit" turned into "nw.js" it's really hard to search results

"Nw" and "js" or "nw.js" with quotes are just simply ignored

PS: if this issue was reported before obviously I couldn't find :p

• It's wonderful seeing our Tom working hard. Tom you and your bruv are INVITED for good curry and bombay mix at my place. Thanks for all the work, Tom!

• logging in become easy !

• I know I probably should not ask this but.. Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.

• Aphrodite For sure, it is more expensive having to host attachment from all the users. The bad news is that dropbox is dropping support for html rendering starting next month

• Cipriux makes sense, still a bummer but I can understand, they also have the arcade going on.

• I know I probably should not ask this but… Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.

100% agree. How many times I've used the search options to find dozens of threads which have dead dropbox links… Very irritating. This functionality was one of the most (of not the most) useful on these forums.

• hi Tom, i have been trying to make a few tutorials and translate some in the past 2 months... i made a post about this issue... and some members of community said you where away... but that was 2 months ago... my problem with tutorial area is that whenever i press "write a new tutorial" or "edit a tutorial" or even "translate" one tutorial... the page goes back to the main page of "Tutorial section"... is this a website issue or is again a account related bug? i had a issue long time ago... with my other old account was unable to load the forum on some parts giving me some error codes on drive missing anyway by making a new account fixed the issue ... i just hope i dont have to create a new account... cause im a seller on this one plus the reputation points is just to hard to get back! Hopefully this can be fixed and that you have time for it!

il be gladly sending screen videos of the problem if you need. im currently using chrome... but i dont think that is an issue!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)