The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

• Hi, I'm Matheus , I'm from São Paulo, Brazil, how are you?

I'm a beginner game designer (I have started studying game design yesterday , so I know basically nothing).

My English is awful, sorry :/, so if I commit any grammatical error, let me know please!

Nice to meet you!.

• Hi! I'm Olliver. I'm a graduated student from RIT in 3D Digital Design major. I'm a game designer that's always looking to learn more on game design and art. You can also check out my portfolio site: . I'm new to Construct 2 game engine. I'm looking forward to learning it and make games out of it and have more experience making 2D games (I'm more of a 3D artist and UE4 user).

• Our names are Kayla and Tina. We are from Virginia. We found this website by Googling how to make your own game. We've known each other for a couple years. We are 19 and 9.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Everybody,

My name is Idris. I am from Malaysia.

I have been developing game since few months already.

Previously I use Gamesalad for my game development and now I am changing to Construct 2.

I am looking forward to creating awesome games using Construct 2.

• I'm from Austria and wanted to try this programm . I'm 13 years old and want to become a system programmer.

• Hi! I just signed up

• Hi!

I'm from Hungary, (east-europe). I'm a teenager, with a computer

I working my first game: "Sky jump" the game almost finish!

• Hello!

I am a scripter/artist who is a wannabe brit living in the USA. The name's Julian, but you can call me enkryptionn. I hate my name, so I prefer to be called by my username, although either is fine.

I do believe the Atari 2600 was my first console, then I moved on to Nintendo consoles. Although I do tend to play on current-gen consoles (PS4, Xbox One, etc.) I prefer Nintendo due to the fact that most of their games are very colorful. Yes, current gen consoles have these sort of games as well, but I am basically saying that I like the style of Nintendo the best, inspiring me to become a developer. The day I have typed this reply is the day I have downloaded Construct.

I am currently learning C++ and LUA, and it is actually going quite well. I so far have intermediate knowledge on C++ and advanced knowledge of LUA. I am almost done with my C++ Book, and I just barely finished my LUA Book. I can just do basic code, but I am a visual learner, meaning I like GUI-based development over just plain text.

I found Construct by exploring the web for GameMaker Tutorials, to where I eventually found an article that compared GameMaker and Construct and why Construct was better. Being the curious person I am, I decided to try it out and ditch GameMaker. I like how Construct is more user-friendly towards visual learners.

I am looking towards making RPG games with the style of Final Fantasy or Earthbound, which are my two main inspirations. I have also been inspired by Undertale. All three of these games have beautiful stories and unique styles. However, I was slightly disappointed by how short Undertale was. Since Undertale was supposed to be a replacement for Mother 3, I just thought that the players would eventually need more. This is why I look forward to developing a more lengthy Earthbound-style RPG. However, I will make sure to add my own elements so it's not like I am completely ripping the game off. Who does that?

I also signed up for those who potentially need help with scripting or other general problems.

• Hi,

I'm from Indonesia, I heard construct 2 from my friend's post. I am interested into Game Studio Business. I start by knowing the engine first. Hopefully, I can accomplish my dream.

• im nothing, haha

• Hi,

I am Collin Morgan and I am from Miami Florida, I heard of construct 2 from my Computer Science teacher. I am interested in Computer Science and Programming.

• Hello everyone!

My name is Alex, however I use the moniker "Cage" on the internet - I'm a digital and a traditional artist, but I did my share of experimenting with "no coding required" frameworks and game dev tools in the past. Together with my best buddy Skell, who's a programmer, we formed Retrocade.net , a retro games inspired game maker duo. Recently, I've felt the urge to mess around with game dev tools myself again, and Construct 2 seems like a great fit - I've been working with MMF in the past and this seems like the vastly improved continuation of the best ideas from that program, so I think it's the app that I'll need the least adjusting to and still give me great possibilities.

I'm probably going to have a lot of stupid questions, so please be gentle

I also write about the art side of things in games and promote indie titles I like on my Twitter - check that out if you like.

Best,

Alex

• Hi, i am so new in Construct2!

• my friend showed me this engine and I thought it looked great. This is good because i am doing a game design course at the moment

• HEY! my name is Ricardo Muriel I'm from Ecuador a small cuntry in south america, since I was a little child I've played videogames and growth with them to this point that I'm a high school student, but now I will not only love videogames, but make my own, the only thing I wish right now is to CREATE, and well I guess that´s it...

Ricardo

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 12 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 12 guests)