your nickname?

0 favourites
  • How did you settle on your nickname?

One of my first PC games was F117-A Stealth Fighter (

). This game allowed you to write your full name and most pilots in the provided roster had nicknames. I chose something Top-Guney and after some crazy landings I settled in "The Madman" (not very original huh)... after hanging out in IRC for a while, that turned into Madster. That was nearly 20 years ago, I never came up with anything better.

What's your story?

• I was signing up for a forum back in 2004 and I needed a user name. I wanted linkman, since I'm a big fan of Zelda, but it was taken, so I slapped the year on there. From then on, I've kept the 2004 part just to remain consistent.

• I lost key keys around the time I signed up so went with that because I was having an unoriginal moment. No cool story from me.

• Before I signed up for Something Awful I pretty much had a different name on every forum I signed up for. I got tired of keeping track of them all so I decided to pick one and stick with it.

I'm a fan of Kurt Vonnegut so I wanted a name that had something to do with one of his books, but all the good ones like Ice Nine or Billy Pilgrim or Kilgore Trout were already taken, so I settled on Deadeye Dick. After a while I just shortened it to deadeye because it's just easier, and I did get the random occasional retard who would be all like "hurr DICK lol," and also I don't want people thinking I'm a fan of the band Deadeye Dick.

• Before I signed up for Something Awful I pretty much had a different name on every forum I signed up for. I got tired of keeping track of them all so I decided to pick one and stick with it.

I'm a fan of Kurt Vonnegut so I wanted a name that had something to do with one of his books, but all the good ones like Ice Nine or Billy Pilgrim or Kilgore Trout were already taken, so I settled on Deadeye Dick. After a while I just shortened it to deadeye because it's just easier, and I did get the random occasional retard who would be all like "hurr DICK lol," and also I don't want people thinking I'm a fan of the band Deadeye Dick.

Nothing wrong with the band Deadeye Dick

• I don't even know how I settled with this but it was years ago then not long ago I was called Segal in NavyFIELD and then it turned to Seagull and well I don't use that officially but you can all see that I am a seagull. Sometimes I do use Sagal Von Seagull just for fun (especially in RTS games etc.) But nothing too special.

• I'm a parakeet.

• My son's RL nickname is CF:

His name is Christopher and was on a baseball tournament team that consisted of 3 Christopher's, 3 Alex's, and 2 Zack's. Needless to say they needed nicknames. So my son got CF which were his initials, but also turned out to be the position he played. Center Field.

Strangely when I played Base Ball I played Right Field and my initials are RF.

Sadly when my son gets a boy he will have to name him Leonardo.

• Guyon is a character in a book by my favorite author Edmund Spencer. Strangely it is already taken already on many sites. I am glad that did not choose Lancelot. LOL

• I dont remember when or where i can up with this nick. I used to use AealofDarkness on some sited then I started using abyssion5566 and I eventually combined the two into Aeal5566 and now I usually go by just Aeal....to bad we cant change nicks on here....

• Was always fond of Shakespeare's ability to add more than one meaning to everything.

Fillet of a fenny snake,
    In the cauldron boil and bake;
    Eye of newt and toe of frog,
    Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
    Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
    For a charm of powerful trouble,
    Like a hell-broth boil and bubble. [/code:1zh1psmu]
  • So Shakespeare was talking about your eye then?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've had quite a lot of nicknames but back in 2004 (I think) this one IRC channel I was hanging out at had this "change your nick to something completely different for a day" and after a bit of pondering I came up with Daiz pretty much out of nowhere. Since it was short and neat I decided to stick with it ever since.

• So Shakespeare was talking about your eye then?

Actually it was my silly attempt to go all Shakespeare. At the time I was deeper into my art, and I tended to acquaint the creative process to casting a spell. Plus I was toying with calling my website/ company ION productions. I for eye, blah, blah, blah lots of double meanings.

• I can't remember exactly where i came up with mine. I was signing up for something, needed a nickname and this one just kinda popped into my head. I always liked the dichotomy in the name, though. That's why i stuck with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)