What games inspire you?

From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)

GTA-2 and Urban Chaos taught me how gaming can connect with people on a deeper level when they are given complete freedom and allowed to express themselves instead of forcing them to follow a set path.

Other games that really inspire me include the Call of Juarez series, Dreamfall series and Syberia 1 and 2. The stories in these games are rich and the characters are well-defined, I was so emotionally involved that I actually felt bad when I completed each of these games.

Interesting topic, and perhaps goes along with why I am here.

Currently I'm 45 years old. In the late 70s and early 80s I had an Atari 2600 and enjoyed it. I wasn't a die hard gamer or arcade kid, but I did like gaming. Then WHAM! I neighbor kid showed him his C64 and a game called The Bard's Tale, Tales of the Unknown. I was hooked.

A few years ago I started toying with the idea of making retro themed video games for kids in my family... nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc... That is when I found Construct 2.

Over the past two years I have slowly been messing around with game making, usually over the winter months.

Games that inspire me are The Bard's Tale games, Commando, Beach Head 2, Legacy of Ancients, Realm of Impossibility, Mule, Lords of Conquest, Legend of Blacksilver, Wasteland, Save New York, Bruce Lee, Zorro, Auto Duel... I am sure you Commodore fans recognize those games.

A couple years ago I posted my first platformer to the arcade: Temple of the Lost. It works great off the CAPX, but I noticed the 'darts' don't shoot repeatedly as they should when playing it in the Arcade.

You can still check it out here: scirra.com/arcade/action-games/temple-of-the-lost-6287

Keep Gaming-

The pokemon on Nintendo do it for me

I love Albion Online, this is one of the best game for me, but if developers will read my message, game will be the best

I like to play in different games. But most of all I'm impressed with the game of Desperados. The plot of this game makes me plunge into those times and reside with the characters every minute. I like this game a lot.

Fireboy and Watergirl. (here if you haven't played yet)

So far, the best browser coop game in my opinion :).

I am inspired by the games that some people make you think a few steps and go ahead and work as a team. Also, for me, an important criterion is that the game would be popular, because due to the development of eSports, there are many teams and bookmakers because of which you can earn some money on your favorite Dota2 teams, and also learn the lesson how to improve your skills in Dota 2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Human Knot and The Egg Drop inspire me a lot.

Dota 2, Warframe, Life is Strange, Minecraft apknite

Monster Super League on techbigs inspired me to have new ideas for my drawing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)