Sprite Font Generator - v3

From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Thank you !

The charset is here:

https://pastebin.com/VhZZ8SZV

And for font you can use:

https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/tree/release/OTF/SimplifiedChinese

Now I try to split it in to every 512 character and it work, but I need to combine them and test.

• Found the issue. Still working on a fix.

• V3.2 available. It can handle just under 5000 characters now, by default. Then it runs into a Windows limit, as commented on, on the first page.

• Thank you! It works now.

• Perfect 10/10, parabems

• Hi

I appreciate this is an old thread, but the activity is recent.....

I am having trouble with using european characters in my sprite fonts.

I need to use the extended ascii set with these characters;-

ÁÀÂÃÄÉÈÊËÍÎÏÓÔÕŒÙÚÛÑÜŸáàâãäéèêëíîïóôõœñùúûüÿ¿¡ç

But when i alter the character set in Give me your fonts, i get random text written to the sprite font despite the debugger showing the correct value for the word.

Can you give any advice, does the character set have to be a certain order or something ?

(I only need to cover English, French Spanish and Portugese.)

For example, i could not use this font ;-

fonts101.com/fonts/view/Uncategorized/51630/NewsGothicSmc

It still gave garbled text.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

• jezjones24

I just tried, and it works fine. I'm guessing you didn't follow all of the steps. You need to check the TXT file that is written at the same time, and copy the width, height, and character set into C2. There is a tutorial here, written by somebody else.

scirra.com/tutorials/629/sprite-fonts-the-how-what-when-where

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have used sprite fonts quite alot. The problem seems to be due to the extra characters.

Previously I have used the default character set in "Give me your font" and it has been totally fine (EN).

I have reverted to another sprite font with english characters only and it works fine (for english).

It seems that i get a large space to the right of the accented characters i added to character set.

Is there anything relating to these extra characters that may be causing a problem. Are there any rules i need to follow in defining the character set, eg order ?

• As I said, I tried that font and it is fine. You'll need to post something I can look at. Bundle the three output files and if you have a demo project, that too.

• Ok, thanks.

I am just trying to create a demo of the problem in a fresh project.

A basic example does work, so i am now looking into my project since the words are created based on events so there could be problems in the way i am instantiating the sprite font.

You got it working so it must be a problem elsewhere, that does help me quite alot.

Thanks again.

• I've still been using this after all these years and I love it! I feel like I've asked this already but the anti-aliasing option from v1 isnt available in v2 or v3 so it makes it quite difficult to have pixelated fonts, especially if they're small.. even in v1 it kinda works, but for some reason it forces the font to be bold if its too small.

For example, this font by Eeve Somepx:

patreon.com/posts/equipment-pro-20777561

and try setting it to 12px. After exporting it, in v1 it looks bolder than usualy, and in v2 and v3 it forces the antialising..

Is there any workaround to this? Thanks again for this program!

• Ok, so i found the problem.

For some reason the character set field in C3 was not keeping the new character set i pasted in there.

When i deleted the field first (and pressed return) then pasted and return, it took the character set and started working.

Thanks for your help.

• andreyin

Everything I try fails. No fix yet.

• blackhornet that's alright, in any case thank you so much for this!!

• blackhornet

Can you look that?

C3 spacing array works fine but C2 array have some problems. You can see after ' everything white color.

How can we fix that?

If I use SpriteFont+ with WKWebview. It is give me error in IOS. data.js can't load.

But C3 (C2runtime) don't have any problems, works fine with WKWebview

i.imgur.com/NEzc98I.png

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)